18.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 179
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 176

karier13

Aug 1, 2010
Mabelvale, AR
Things in your list I know that work ( i have them)
tibu pro
root explorer
launcher pro.

Looking at the tablet section for the market I see listed
beautiful widget

The rest I do not know.

edit- blacklist pro would actually be of no use on the tablet

Thanks. This is good to know. So once you buy an app it can be used on a phone or tablet if it is updated for it.

Mar 12, 2008
Try "Torque" on the tablet. It's awesome. It is an OBD II reader for cars and it allows you to fill the screen with gauges. The tablet is well suited for this.

dbzvl

Jul 16, 2009
Stolen:Giant apps list :D

Not sure if you are accusing anyone but if you look through and compare both lists. They have similar categories but they contain different apps. Also the list you posted is for "optimized" apps.

However. this may all just be some big misunderstanding on my part and that you have added more apps to our awesome list! =)

Last edited:

stuntdouble

Apr 1, 2009
Redmi Note 10S
I started this list from scratch, not copied from anywhere, and used the rough categories from the google market so yes we have similar headings, etc. Having a quick look at that thread a few of those apps on their list aren't actually optimised for honeycomb, but I didn't study the whole list. I'm sure the majority are. My list here is obviously different, given the fact that I've obviously not bought all the apps on the list to test them, and that I've relied on others to state the info when they can. Plus the fact that obviously not all the apps are optimised for HC, just that the others not marked by the "*" hopefully work well with it. There may be errors occasionally, which people usually point out pretty fast. :)

Anyways if there are apps on that other list that aren't on mine that work well with the TF let me know and I'll add them to my list. I don't have time to check atm.

rsmccleary

Feb 23, 2010
Finally.
Words With Friends finally works on TF. And it works well. I wish it tethered my facebook like the game does with apple.

mocelet2000

Jun 26, 2011
Madrid, Spain
Four in a Row HD

Hi there,

I'm suggesting my own implementation of the Four in a Row game for the list, it's been featured in XDA Portal few days ago and it's probably the most complete implementation of this known board game for Android. 4.4 out of 5 starts with 100+ ratings :)

It works fine in phones but the experience is better in tablets since graphics are generated at native resolution (and a Transformer is part of my test devices...). From the game point of view, it features local 1 & 2 players, online multiplayer, custom board size (6x7 to 7x9) and skin (metal, wood, ice...), and more than 200 play solo riddles and game variations.

Please check the Four in a Row HD thread at XDA or directly in the Market.

Thanks, enjoy!

Reactions: escakeo

BrainB0ne

Jun 29, 2010
www.brainbytez.nl
Another file manager that works great on the Transformer: Files by Zenfield

hxxps://market.android.com/details?id=com.zenfield.files

PS: Sorry I can't post links to external websites yet :)

kasperoo

Jul 9, 2011
Birmingham
Inotia3: Children of Carnia

Couldn't post url, new member, sorry :)

Works great on Transformer, fullscreen. You could argue that it`s HC optimized, since it`s that type of games that looks great like old school rpg.

Last edited:

~David

Nov 27, 2007
Toronto
I think some clarification needs to be made in this list. Just because an app scales well on larger resolution tablets doesn't necessarily mean it's "Honeycomb Optimized".

For example, the Four in a Row HD game looks good at high resolution, but it still doesn't make use of the new Honeycomb menu system or anything of the sort (ie. a menu button appears in the bottom nav bar). It's still just a smartphone app that's been "blown up".

Same with IMDB and many others in the list. They scale well, but they don't make use of any new features in Honeycomb.

There should be two categories in the list. Perhaps a blue asterisk * for true Honeycomb optimized apps, and keep the green asterisk * for apps that scale well for large resolutions.

JoshuaRead

Feb 1, 2011
Cubes Free is now optimized for tablets, and it looks great. I didn't even try the game until I saw that it was optimized for tablets and I'm glad I ended up trying.

Click here.

Top Liked Posts