LG announces Optimus 4X HD Smartphone

Search This thread

soomuch

Dec 6, 2010
Another nice phone from LG..... good news. I wonder if they are going to announce if it is coming to the U.S. at the MWC.

soomuch

Dec 6, 2010
Another nice phone? You obviously never dealt with the G2X and the pile of garbage it was.

Actually i did and i generally agree with you as most LG phones were released the past 2 years or even more are not that great. I was thinking more compared to their new releases such as the LG Parada 3.0 which i personally think its a pretty cool looking phone. I just hope that they improve their software so it would truly utilize the nice specs. Looks is not the only deciding factor here :)

Alien987

Jun 25, 2011
Reactions: DigitalSkyline

Decimatio

Dec 29, 2010
I work with LG in Korea and they are very worried about their mobile business at the moment. Samsung are destroying them in the domestic market.

flickyamom

Aug 30, 2011
Singapore
I work with LG in Korea and they are very worried about their mobile business at the moment. Samsung are destroying them in the domestic market.

Well I think LG should know why they are losing to Samsung... They make great hardware, but scrappy software(relatively good in p880 though) and horrible customer support(In other countries I don't know about Korea). They don't improve much despite much complains. How would you expect them to not lose to Samsung, which is well received by many?

Sent from my LG-P880 using xda premium

voon

Jan 23, 2008
Hi oh mighty flippant one... the n8 also has the Carl Zeiss lens and Xenon flash ... are these meaningless too?

Nope, but they weren't the topic. When it comes to Fotography in these tiny devices with their tiny lenses, he's right: more than 8 MBits are indeed completely useless. Even much large sensor chips in say a Canon G10, which had 14 Mpixels, had to many ... which is why Canon went back to LESS Mpixels. In fact, more MPixels in such a tiny thing are contraproductive, you get more electrical interference and no gain. The most important thing here is the sensors size, which is tiny in all phones. But: Since they all got completely crappy lenses, it's true, that the better one in the N8 can improve qiality, even with the tiny sensor. If you want anything more decent, the senor has to grow and there needs to be much better (foldable?) optics. The N8 is about the best you can do with such a tiny setup.

---------- Post added at 06:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:57 PM ----------

Well I think LG should know why they are losing to Samsung... They make great hardware, but scrappy software(relatively good in p880 though) and horrible customer support(In other countries I don't know about Korea). They don't improve much despite much complains. How would you expect them to not lose to Samsung, which is well received by many?

Seems so ... although, I had two updates on the 4X after I bought it .. that's not bad. And the phone runs pretty well stock. Maybe they did learn a bit. I'd find it sad, if they get into problems, because no big player like Samsung should be allowed to dominate everything ... pseudo monopolies are crap. Samsungs support is also quite far from perfect. The Update App from them on my Samsung Notebook fails often, can't connect, their server structure for it is extremely slow and you can't even manually download the drivers instead, because they don't maintain their download area properly. Asus is far better for instance in that respect (and still not perfect). Samsung also got too big to care about customers much anymore, but their software has a better developer team than LG. (I also find LGs update software for the PC unspeakably terrible).

Top Liked Posts