Increase headphone volume

Search This thread

Mephisto_POA

Mar 5, 2012
London
Hi guys,

I was testing a bluetooth headphone and noticed the volume quite low even on the highest setting the headphone could give.

Is there a way to increase the volume the phone provides over a bluetooth connection with those secret codes?

I was trying this method but the code doesn't work at all:

Samsung Focus Audio Level ChangesIncrease Speaker Volume
1- Go to the dialer of your phone and access diagnostic mode by dialing ##634# or start the Diagnosis app by clicking it from your app menu.
2- Input *#0002*28345# to get to the Audio menu.
3- See the last option named “Device Gain (max/min)”... Hit the “Get” option next to it.
4- Now from among the 3 fields: in the second one enter 1600 and in the third field enter 0.
6- Hit “Set”.
7- Tap “Start” button at the bottom of the app.
8- Exit Diagnosis by clicking the windows home button then restart your phone.

Increase Headphone Volume
1- First and foremost make sure that your headphones are attached to your phone, as the fix won’t work otherwise.
2- Go to the dialer of your phone and access diagnostic mode by dialing ##634# or start the Diagnosis app by clicking it from your app menu.
3- Input *#0002*28345# in the diagnosis screen.
4- Navigate to “Device Gain (max/min)” and hit the "Get" button next to it.
5- In the 3 fields, enter these values respectively 5, 1100 and –1100 (some people use 1500 in second field but I think it is too high)
6- Hit "Set".
7- on the next line below change the AUDIENCE.CFG to "on".
8- Tap on the "Start" button at the bottom of the app.
9- Exit Diagnosis by clicking the windows home button then restart your phone.
NOTE:

hagba

Nov 9, 2008
Yerevan
In the Stock Music Player:Settings > Equalizer > Custom > Move the Levers all the way up,all of them.

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
or use voodoo louder, Its a paid app (99p) and works well (Needs kernel support, So check before buying)

Does voodoo really work when using bluetooth headphones? I think it only works or if the headphones are plugged into the 3.5 mm jack. But maybe I'm wrong because I don't use bluetooth headphones.

Sent from my Galaxy Note running ICS

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
According to google play voodoo only supports the 3.5 mm jack, no bluetooth and also not the speaker.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
Ok so i bought the N7000 and i am genuinely dissapointed by the volume level in headphones. Coming from iphone 3g everything is top notch except for the volume level. I am on stock Samsung ICS 4.0.3 and even the videos are not loud enough. iphone 3g which is like 3 yrs old had an awesome loudness level and quality. Anyway to increase this? :(

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
Honestly are you people deaf? At least you must be hearing impaired. When I turn up the volume to the maximum it hurts my ears. It's by no means convenient anymore. I don't want to insult anybody but I am really wondering how someone can claim the sound through the headphones is not loud enough. Maybe your source is not loud enough because like I said, I cannot listen to my mp3 files at the highest level, it hurts. So here are my propositions: Either check your source (sound files) or buy voodoo louder.

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Honestly are you people deaf? At least you must be hearing impaired. When I turn up the volume to the maximum it hurts my ears. It's by no means convenient anymore. I don't want to insult anybody but I am really wondering how someone can claim the sound through the headphones is not loud enough. Maybe your source is not loud enough because like I said, I cannot listen to my mp3 files at the highest level, it hurts. So here are my propositions: Either check your source (sound files) or buy voodoo louder.

Have to agree with altae there, although I use in ears which are notably louder than cans or over ears. If it really bothers you try paranoid which has quite major amp settings so you can max way beyond stock.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
I need a fix that works with stock ics. Dont want to root. And yes the NOTE is not loud enough. Like it or not. Htc has higher loudness too.

SpyderTracks

Jan 13, 2007
London
Poweramp offers slight volume boost... Just checking, have you tried adjusting the music volume in settings?

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

altae

Mar 22, 2008
St. Gallen
I can agree on that, the speaker isn't that good. But I bought it as a phone and not a ghetto blaster so I don't really care.

ethan3686

Aug 19, 2009
India
ok so judging by the replies i think i should root and use voodoo loud. Does it really crank up the volume high?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I listen to music with the lowest volume and it still hurts my ears.