Boot animations

Search This thread

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
Hey,

after some investigating after I couldn't change my bootanimation, I saw there is a config text file which has a definition which file to actualy load.
Changed that - works super cool :)

But, there is also a VIdeo folder inside /system/media which has a beautiful android in space video.
Why is that video there by default? Is it possible to change the config file to just point to the video file or does it have to be a bootanimation.zip?

I don't want just go and try it, cause I am afraid I will get stuck on bootanimation or something.

Thanks for any info!

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
Does anyone know what is the biggest size that boot animation can be?
Or to ask differently: how to make a bootanimation for infinity to cover the entire screen?

I have tried many for the last couple of hours, but they all look weird if they are "fullscreen" as the size of the animation becomes smaller on infinity. Only those who are centered and have black background looks somehow OK.

I would like to resize the fullscreen ones so they would cover the entire screen.
Possbile?

JMH-ESH

Jul 18, 2012
Can you change the boot animation without rooting the device?
If so, could someone please give some detailed instructions on how to do it? A link to a video of it would be nice too if there's one out there.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Jbb3393

Jul 25, 2009
HTC U11
If I'm not mistaken the video with android in space is their "Easter egg"
Try this: go to about tablet and click multiple times very fast on the android version.
It should pop up a little android guy
Next tap and hold on him till he grows huge then be prepared to have your mind blown :D

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Svashtar

Dec 14, 2009
Kranj
You can't change boot animation without root. Bootanimation zip file is in folder system/media and is only readable without root.
At least I don't know of any solution that works without root, but could be mistaken....

Has anyone figured out what size should bootanimation be to fill the whole screen?

AspenMan

Jun 25, 2007
Denver
Try this: go to about tablet and click multiple times very fast on the android version.
Next tap and hold on him till he grows huge then be prepared to have your mind blown :D

Very Cool!

urrlyx

Dec 30, 2010
San Francisco
I cropped the images and then doubled the size of the default animation. I'm on eoh's rom and the file was named bootanimation_04.zip. Not sure if that is stock or if he modified it, but it's easy enough to just rename it or change the config file if yours is different.

Infinity stock animation large

edit: actually I think I can keep the same original size cropped and then change the resolution in the desc file so that the zip isn't quite so large. will do that and re-upload if it works.

edit2: while just changing the resolution specified in the desc.txt file did increase the size of the animation, it also created a box of flashing pixels around it 1 or 2 pixels wide. I played with a few different resolutions but specifying anything other than that of the images caused the pixel artifacts on the screen. I re-uploaded the double-size animation if anyone wants it and will be putting up a couple more that I downloaded through roomtoolbox in a bit.

Last edited:

urrlyx

Dec 30, 2010
San Francisco
Cropped the blue 3d honeycomb animation, scaled that up, and changed contrast to make the background black. It's 960x700 and looks pretty good on our screen.

Blue 3d Honeycomb
honeycomb3d.gif

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
Hey,

after some investigating after I couldn't change my bootanimation, I saw there is a config text file which has a definition which file to actualy load.
Changed that - works super cool :)

But, there is also a VIdeo folder inside /system/media which has a beautiful android in space video.
Why is that video there by default? Is it possible to change the config file to just point to the video file or does it have to be a bootanimation.zip?

I don't want just go and try it, cause I am afraid I will get stuck on bootanimation or something.

Thanks for any info!

What did you change config text file to? I can't get my animation changed. Tried data/local, and system/media. Neither worked

blackmambazzz

Jul 10, 2012
What did you change config text file to? I can't get my animation changed. Tried data/local, and system/media. Neither worked

I have tried editing that file and it gave me a bootloop

If I change the animation in the stockrom it doesnt boot anymore but with cm10 an cleanrom it works (with romtoolbox)

The config file sets the path and name of the bootanimation I think but editing doesnt work :(

urrlyx

Dec 30, 2010
San Francisco
I have tried editing that file and it gave me a bootloop

If I change the animation in the stockrom it doesnt boot anymore but with cm10 an cleanrom it works (with romtoolbox)

The config file sets the path and name of the bootanimation I think but editing doesnt work :(

You have to be careful when editing the pointer file. There cannot be any extra lines or spaces after the path text.

I've also had issues with some editors and just doing a save when you close out of the editor instead of saving beforehand. Not sure why there would be a difference in how it performs the save, but I was able to repeat the issue so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke.

Also, most of the time, if the system can't play or can't find the animation it will still boot up just fine. It will look like its just sitting at the ASUS splash screen until it displays the launcher, so if you didn't wait long enough you may have thought it wasn't booting.

Last edited:

redheadplantguy

May 10, 2011
Louisville KY
You have to be careful when editing the pointer file. There cannot be any extra lines or spaces after the path text.

I've also had issues with some editors and just doing a save when you close out of the editor instead of saving beforehand. Not sure why there would be a difference in how it performs the save, but I was able to repeat the issue so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a fluke.

Also, most of the time, if the system can't play or can't find the animation it will still boot up just fine. It will look like its just sitting at the ASUS splash screen until it displays the launcher, so if you didn't wait long enough you may have thought it wasn't booting.

What do I changed pointer file to? The "boot animation changer " app works, but only on the ones in the app. I have some I want to use, but can't get to load. After splash screen, it just says generic "Android "

bwcool55

Dec 11, 2012
Bootanimation

Hi all I created my own boot animation and I had to change the in the desc.txt file here is what I used to get the image to use the whole screen.

1922 1202 30

It works for my TF700t so It should work for you as well.

I would like to know if anyone has figured out how to get the sound for boot animations working for this device.

Thanks to all.

Nurikos

Jan 1, 2012
Bishkek
Im use Boot Animations from Market, it's work
Just select "Local" point to the bootanimation.zip on your sd card

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.