[Q] [CM 10.2] Why does this version allow me to mount USB with phone locked?

Search This thread

QQNoob

Jul 5, 2012
Seems like a security flaw. Anyone can pick up my phone, plug it into a USB port and copy files within seconds. Normally, you'd have to at least have to reboot into recovery, which requires a forced reboot and knowing the proper keys to do that and to enter recovery. As it stands now, even a child could plug in my phone and access the entire SD card.

It's also annoying that if I plug in the phone to my PC to charge while I'm listening to music on it, I don't get the lock screen where I have music controls. I instead get the USB mounting screen. I just have to press the Home key to show the lock screen, but it's been bugging me.

Is there any way to disable this? It wasn't this way in CM 10.1.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
The fact is you can't disable it. The answers I gave are perfectly valid if you don't want want the ability to mount the sd card via the lockscreen. If you're allowing your phone to get into a position where someone can access it like that then what I'm saying is maybe you need to reassess the level of personal security in regards to the device.

Sent from my Evita

Last edited:

QQNoob

Jul 5, 2012
>The fact is you can't disable it.

Now that is an appropriate answer. Thank you.

The main topic question was "why?" Why this change in behavior? What's the philosophy behind it?

QQNoob

Jul 5, 2012
I remember CM9 behaving like this in certain versions, but then it went away, and I never had it in any CM10 versions until now. It's like the developers can't decide how they want it, or it's some sort of mistake or bug.

pandasa123

Jul 20, 2013
South Grafton
If you want it to not be like that, go and decompile some file and change the permissions.

Speaking of Google, I'm excited for the new Selinux policy from the NSA researcher. It'll be fun to see ChainFire at it

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk