I got the device into fastboot mode

Search This thread

epicfailol

Jul 18, 2012
You can use the command "adb reboot-bootloader", I didn't see anyone else try this on here. Unfortunately, fastboot still doesn't recognize the device. I used the stock USB cable, I also tried doing it with my factory cable, but the device rebooted to a black screen and I got it recognized as "Qualcomm QH-USB QDloader"

Attachments

• P2142796.jpg
    P2142796.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1,313

amazonhdx

Jan 4, 2014

epicfailol

Jul 18, 2012
I managed to send a command with fastboot under linux (Windows just didn't work, but in device manager I got it to show up as fastboot), did anyone else try this?

GSLEON3

Retired Senior Moderator
I managed to send a command with fastboot under linux (Windows just didn't work, but in device manager I got it to show up as fastboot), did anyone else try this?

Really? & just what command did you send using fastboot? Unless you have a magic kernel & bootloader, there is no fastboot access without passing the key. The way updates are performed on the KF HDX are fairly abnormal compared to other devices, which is why you see two kernel, stream writer & other such files & apps.

epicfailol

Jul 18, 2012
Really? & just what command did you send using fastboot? Unless you have a magic kernel & bootloader, there is no fastboot access without passing the key. The way updates are performed on the KF HDX are fairly abnormal compared to other devices, which is why you see two kernel, stream writer & other such files & apps.

I used getvar, and it worked fine (but most the of parameters don't), boot and idme don't work because it's locked, and oem unlock doesn't exist. But what your saying is that I shouldn't even be able to do any of this?

Jun 30, 2014
i look at the picture and the kindle is not hdx.
i've searching for fastboot cable on ebay but didn't found, the cable only work for kindle HD
so for there is no fix for bricked kindle fire hdx

r3pwn

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 11, 2012
r3pwn.com
You can use the command "adb reboot-bootloader", I didn't see anyone else try this on here. Unfortunately, fastboot still doesn't recognize the device. I used the stock USB cable, I also tried doing it with my factory cable, but the device rebooted to a black screen and I got it recognized as "Qualcomm QH-USB QDloader"
Try "fastboot -i 0x1949 yourcommandhere"