[Q] Restore stock rom without wiping?

Search This thread

ryanwalexander

Dec 10, 2011
Someone told me to flash a .zip of the stock rom on one of the threads on here to achieve that.

I wanted to go back to stock after trying Franco. Then I tried elementalx and my battery life went up so much I don't want to go back.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

kinganu123

Dec 28, 2012
If you backed up your phone or made a nandroid before messing around with your phone, that's usually your best option.
I'd personally advise against just flashing without wiping, because the part of the point would be to remove the garbage files, which wouldn't really happen.

Last edited:

BirchBarlow

Oct 6, 2013
Philadelphia
Is there any way to restore stock rom without wiping? I currently have stock rom with mods and franco kernel.

You can flash stock ROM and kernel (system.img and boot.img) from the factory image without wiping. While it's okay to go from a custom kernel back to stock kernel, I wouldn't go from a custom ROM back to stock ROM without completely reflashing.

overkillZ

Jul 14, 2013
malmö
You can flash stock ROM and kernel (system.img and boot.img) from the factory image without wiping. While it's okay to go from a custom kernel back to stock kernel, I wouldn't go from a custom ROM back to stock ROM without completely reflashing.

I have stock rom but but with small mods like dalvik optimizing and xposed etc

Top Liked Posts