Hide notification icon from status bar

Search This thread

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Is there something that replicates this feature?: changing a notifications priority/or hiding the notification icon from the status bar.

I know that you can permanently hide all notifications of an app via app info, but what I am looking for is something that will allow me to only hide any icon from the status bar, but the notification will still be there when I pull down the notification shade.

I currently use a ROM that has this feature, and I have yet to find it implemented in any other way or through any other ROM. I would love to go back to stock or an AOSP rom and use only Xposed modules, but this is the only thing that is stopping me. This feature is absolutely vital in my opinion in my everyday use.

You can see this feature in the screenshot below. When I long press any notification when I select the Hide status bar apps notification icon, the icon will not show up. As if it either replaces it (which I believe it does with a transparent dot) or just as useful would be to change the priority of the notification to low.

This just amazes me that I can't find anything else that does this. I'm hoping there is some type of xposed module that can replicate this feature, or anything really. If only i could find the code in the source of the rom myself to compile it into stock or something... But Any thoughts anyone? I'd greatly appreciate the help. 

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1401339703927.jpg
    1401339703927.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 396

arian...1995

Apr 21, 2014
Hello
If I could be able to do that I would remove whole the notification bar and release myself from sticky notifs.
Thats amazing

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Hello
If I could be able to do that I would remove whole the notification bar and release myself from sticky notifs.
Thats amazing

Well you can with Beanstalk ROM. I have a Nexus 5. But I know its been ported to tons of other devices. Check it out its so great. I hate leaving it it has so many features it doesn't even compare, but I can't take CM any longer at this point.

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Hello
Thats amazing

Wow. I found a way thanks to someone at the Xposed community on G+.
The Xposed Module 'App Settings' can set priority of a notification. If you set it to Min. The icon no longer appears in the status bar. Perfect! Been using this app for so long and yet never knew of this feature.

Check it out if you are interested in that feature. Its also a really nice app for much more too.