HTC One X Desktop Cradle with Speaker CR S650

Search This thread

PaulWilks

Feb 5, 2011
I just think perhaps the wattage could be the decider... if it's good it'll be reasonable value. I suspect it might not be though :(

jonstatt

Mar 17, 2008
Be warned that if you want to use a case on the phone and still dock it, the ONLY hard case that seems to let the "pins" of the dock reach the back of the phone is the HTC HC C704 which stupidly doesn't have a clear version like the HTC HC C700. The C700 is missing the holes!! Very odd design choice by HTC

vioalas

Apr 3, 2012
Lakeland, Fl
You can't protect the ring on the camera with the docking cases because the dock has a groove that holds the camera, and the extra protection would make it sit in the dock less securely(because it can't sit flush to the dock). I believe that is why they differentiated the cases.

Last edited:

cec24

Dec 17, 2010
Bury St. Edmunds
Be warned that if you want to use a case on the phone and still dock it, the ONLY hard case that seems to let the "pins" of the dock reach the back of the phone is the HTC HC C704 which stupidly doesn't have a clear version like the HTC HC C700. The C700 is missing the holes!! Very odd design choice by HTC

But there is a white and a grey version to match each colour of the phone.

For me, the dock is tempting for work to keep it charged and sync my outlook calendar.

chortya

Jan 20, 2005
LG V60 ThinQ
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Is anybody interested in cheaper version with only pogo-pin charging? It seems that pogo connectors are availiable from chinese producers, we just need to design the case and electronics :) I would throw in my 20 Euro for a good designed product.

Let me know if you are interested in kickstarted project.

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
Is anybody interested in cheaper version with only pogo-pin charging? It seems that pogo connectors are availiable from chinese producers, we just need to design the case and electronics :) I would throw in my 20 Euro for a good designed product.

Let me know if you are interested in kickstarted project.

I'm interested. I only want charging really, not bothered about a crappy speaker

Si

BigladUK

Dec 6, 2010
I agree with my Rotherham friend. I'm not interested in it doing anything fancy then
Charge the device
Make it enter dock mode
Look pretty

Si

twe69

Dec 24, 2008
I would buy a cheap dock for charging.... hdmi sounds good but I guess the cost will slowly creep up....

chortya

Jan 20, 2005
LG V60 ThinQ
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
All docks that are available now use micro USB not the pogo pins! I thought about starting a project but I'm lacking electronics skills... A friend of mine can model the product in CAD and I could find a way to print a prototype in 3D but first pogo pin charging needs to be reverse engineered and tested. I think HTC may have added some kind of accessory verification...

wietse1988

Mar 11, 2011
Is there anyone who've bought this cradle already?? The want to buy one, if the connection between the dock and telephone is good. So if there is anyone who've bought it could you give a review??

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK a quick round up from me,

The dock it's self is nice with a good quality feel, the inlay/filler ( used when the phone isn't in a case ) is cheap and not moulded brilliantly so it doesn't sit perfectly flat slightly obstructing the + and - volumes buttons...but not the end of the world.

The speaker is fine as already said but won't set your world on fire.

The real interesting thing ( as you can see from the quick video ) is that as soon as it enters the dock the whole launcher/lock screen turned horizontal....shame it doesn't act like this all the time.

Any pictures and video attached https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v2krql5c7d0jkjv/8PijCb68jW

Si

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:57 PM ----------

Oh my phone is total stock BTW

Si
    I swear I live in a reverse universe from most people on this forum. I have an early HT23 with zero issues, my Media Link works great at home and in hotels, and the CR 650 docks I finally got today are great too.

- There's no buzzing of any kind as some have reported. There's some distortion at max volume but it's too loud to listen to that way anyway. It's not a Jambox and not priced that way so I don't know what people are expecting. You should always have the phone at max output and cut the volume back with the auxiliary device rather than the other way around. You'll always get better sound and less distortion that way as the phone’s the superior output device. Having the phone at half volume and boosting it via the dock won’t sound nearly as well.

- I've been using it at my desk for a couple of hours and it hasn't overheated. I like the live weather wallpaper; it's soothing to look at.

- As for the phone's behavior in the dock you have three choices: 1) the preset HTC dock screen, 2) an app of your choice, or 3) nothing which means the home screen is always horizontal and would behave the same way it would if it were on a regular AC charger; meaning the screen will time out based on your specified setting. In dock mode it automatically dims itself based on the time you specify.

- Here's the dock menu

There are some pretty flexible options and the ability to automatically connect to a specified BT device is pretty cool. Speaking of which, the dock plays audio via the pogo connectors not BT which means you can use a BT pendent to output audio to your usual headphones. That's a way to overcome the headphone jack being blocked that people were complaining about earlier. I already have the HTC aptX StereoClip so with a coupler I'll get fantastic lossless sound wirelessly while the phone's docked. Pretty slick.

- As for the quality of the dock, it's solid and well built. I agree the supplementary tray's a little odd but once the phone's docked it really doesn't matter. Because the connection between the pins on the dock and receivers on the phone are so tight, moving the phone around can cause it to lose connection. Not so much from touching the phone but using the volume buttons since it can move the tray. I'm just more careful when pressing them and it hasn't happened since.

Lastly, what do you guys expect for the equivalent of $70 USD? It's a wireless charger that outputs audio and acts as a speakerphone. It also adds some cool s/w functions via dock mode. A Jambox is $150 for just speakers so I personally didn't expect the same sound quality. HTC's pushing BT and aptX so I kind of get why there's no audio out on the dock. To me, it seems like a fair value and serves my primary need which is wireless charging to always keep my phone topped up and avoid wear-and-tear on the USB port.

Here's Samsung's wireless charging solution. It looks goofy, requires the back of the phone be replaced, and does nothing but charge the phone. I'm willing to bet you it's no less than what HTC's charging for the CR-S650 and likely more.

samsung_gsiii_wireless_charging_sg_1-580x411.jpg

P.S. - To the person with the brightness as an alarm problem. Did you ever think of dimming the phone before putting it in the dock? At lower brightness settings on the phone itself the dock further dims the display to the point you almost can't see it. Sometimes asking a question rather than making a proclamation will get you the answers you're seeking.

P.S.S - You can change the wallpaper. Long press on the display when it's in dock mode and the wallpaper picker app pops up.
    Does it cause problems to leave the phone charging overnight? Like, do battery issues develop over time and what about having the screen on all the time?

There are a lot of good reading you can find on this forum regarding this matter but the most important things you should keep in mind for a healthy (Li-ion/Li-po) battery are:

- do NOT keep the screen ON while charging (so an always on night clock is a bad idea)
    - charge the phone when it reaches 40-50% and never let it get close to 0% (it's better to charge the phone 3 times/day than once every two days if by doing so it gets close to 0%)
    - charge the batteries to 40-70% if plan to store them (don't fully charge a battery if you plan to store it for more than a week or so)
    - avoid overheating (obviously)

In an ideal world you should not charge the phone overnight either but this an non-issue really because most phones switch to battery (and even laptops) when the charge is complete and restart charging after a 1-3% drop (your battery will degrade with 1-2% in like 2 years or so because of this compared to up 60% in the same period if you let it "die" on a daily basis).

The way I' using my (almost perfect) T3 HOX (with light to moderate use), it rarely drops bellow 40% after an 16h day (with everything ON), so I'm pretty happy with it.

Have fun!
    Afaik the utterly useless Beats only works on headphones, so it is expected behavior not to work on the dock.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Anyone have any info if/when a US version of this will be available? I only see an EU model...

May 6th probably, close to that date.