Pre-paid SIM for Ireland and UK

Search This thread

ghalib87

Jan 16, 2014
Does anyone know of a good cheap solution for a pre-paid SIM card that allows calls to the U.S. from both countries?

Thank you.

Try libara mobile or lyca mobile sim.
It should work from both countries.
Try to avoid vodaphone,o2,3,orange.
Those providers are quite expensive even local calls are too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hunhool

Does anyone know of a good cheap solution for a pre-paid SIM card that allows calls to the U.S. from both countries?

Thank you.

I using the app called "tesco calling card" from playstore.
Really cheap(USA mobile&landline are 2penny/minute)
Easy to use and easy to top up...and of course you don't need to use another sim card.

Last edited:

sbi1

Oct 7, 2011
Southeast
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Try libara mobile or lyca mobile sim.
It should work from both countries.
Try to avoid vodaphone,o2,3,orange.
Those providers are quite expensive even local calls are too

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I used Lebara before and they will work in Ireland, the problem is that it is a UK company and using it outside UK (even Ireland) is roaming, so a 0.06p per minute call from UK to US will cost £1.99 from Ireland which is crazy (and £0.07 for incoming calls).

I using the app called "tesco calling card" from playstore.
Really cheap(USA mobile&landline are 2penny/minute)
Easy to use and easy to top up...and of course you don't need to use another sim card.

I'll have to check this, but if this is a calling card, you still need to dial to an access number while in Ireland, don't you? Which SIM will you use for that?

hunhool

I used Lebara before and they will work in Ireland, the problem is that it is a UK company and using it outside UK (even Ireland) is roaming, so a 0.06p per minute call from UK to US will cost £1.99 from Ireland which is crazy (and £0.07 for incoming calls).

I'll have to check this, but if this is a calling card, you still need to dial to an access number while in Ireland, don't you? Which SIM will you use for that?

Its not a calling card,it is an application and you can download it from playstore.
Here is the link for the app.
You'll find all the info how to use it,etc.
I use it with my EE pay monthly sim(it comes with unlimited calls to 01,02,03 and mobile numbers)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tesco.callingcard

REKOGNÍZED KONYHABÚTOR :D

sbi1

Oct 7, 2011
Southeast
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Its not a calling card,it is an application and you can download it from playstore.
Here is the link for the app.
You'll find all the info how to use it,etc.
I use it with my EE pay monthly sim(it comes with unlimited calls to 01,02,03 and mobile numbers)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tesco.callingcard

REKOGNÍZED KONYHABÚTOR :D

Thanks hunhool. I am still not following this. If I visit UK/Ireland with a U.S. phone, I still need some kind of a cell service or data access in order to use this, am I not?
I am looking for a solution for non-UK/non-Ireland resident visiting from abroad, to call back to the U.S. How could I possibly call any access number if I don't have a local sim/service, or internet connection?

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc

Thank you.

i use a truphone prepaid sim, ireland, the UK & US are part of their network, rates are.. competitive.. ~attachment~

http://www.truphone.com/uk/lp/Rate-checker/

the only stump while using it in the states, is it doesn't pick up lte /4g; the highest data you'll get is hspa+, on ither tmobile or att, i know on the east coast (wash dc) it picks up tmobile's hspa+ at 7mb and up, **in the suburbs**

Last edited:

j'vai

Apr 23, 2014
wash dc
Thanks hunhool. I am still not following this. If I visit UK/Ireland with a U.S. phone, I still need some kind of a cell service or data access in order to use this, am I not?
I am looking for a solution for non-UK/non-Ireland resident visiting from abroad, to call back to the U.S. How could I possibly call any access number if I don't have a local sim/service, or internet connection?

~attachment~

sweet ..right?