(flashable zip released) Set device screen resolution via build.prop

Search This thread

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
If anyone is interested. I made a mod for cm11 that allows you to set the x and y DPI and set your device screen resolution via build.prop. I initially did this mod on the galaxy player. I can port it over to the tab 2 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk

update: flashable zip release.

please let me know if the flashable zip fails. I used a guide to help me make the zip.

this zip should work on any cm11 device including the galaxy tab 2 10.1.

just flash it via recovery like anyother zip.

I am not responsible if anything gets broken.

this mod only works with cm11. this has been built on may 15 but may work on later nightlies.

to set screen resolution. you can set ro.sf.widthpixels and ro.sf.heightpixels to whatever you want. to set custom x and y dpi you can set ro.sf.lcd_density.xdpi and ro.sf.lcd_denstiy.ydpi to what ever you want.

for resolution use only numbers ot you will soft brick. I recommend using a terminal emulator and testing various settings using the qemu equivalent properties (replace ro with qemu) untill you find settings you like.

the settings I currently use are
Code:
ro.sf.widthpixels=800
ro.sf.heightpixels=1365
ro.sf.lcd_denstiy.xdpi=153
ro.sf.lcd_denstiy.ydpi=153

those settings will make the tab 2 7.0 think it has a 10 inch screen and will use xlarge layouts.

Attachments

• resmod.zip
    263.1 KB · Views: 681
Last edited:

topzias

Feb 12, 2014
If anyone is interested. I made a mod for cm11 that allows you to set the x and y DPI and set your device screen resolution via build.prop. I initially did this mod on the galaxy player. I can port it over to the tab 2 if anyone is interested.

interested here. Tab2 P5110

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
I ported the mod over and waiting for it to compile. Only services.jar and surfaceflinger are modded . I will see if copying over those 2 files will work.

If copying the 2 files works then this mod should work on the other tab 2 models running cm11.

update:

installing just the modded services.jar and srufaceflinger worked.

I am going to mod services.jar so you can select the ui layout you want by changing the dpw and dph via build prop. This would allow you to have xlarge framework resources without changing DPI or resolution, but could also be used if you want phone layout.

I will upload a zip containing the mod tomorrow

Last edited:

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
I will be uploading a flashable zip tonight.

update: flashable zip can be found in the OP along with instructions.

Last edited:

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
I am now attempting to mode frameworks core so custom values for smallest width dp can be used, allowing you to select what layout you want. You could set your device to phone mode without changing DPI or resolution.

dorfd1

Jan 13, 2012
I successfully modified services.jar so the smallest dp can be set via build.prop. the number can be changed so you choose what layout you want.