Android L Port Disscussion

Search This thread

developer209

Nov 16, 2013
Ballico
As you most likely all know, Android L has been pushed into AOSP. This means creating a ROM will be significantly easier than building it from the Nexus 5 preview image.

Are any devs currently working on a port? I hope someone is at least making some attempts to bring Android L to Hercules.
Feel free to leave questions & comments!

Here's a thread dedicated to trying to help you mimic the Android L experience.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2799529

?Long Live Hercules ?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:
D

Darth

As far as I have read, they only released part of the source... So may not be possible.

Maybe I'm wrong tho. ;)

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

The N5 only has a few "ROMs" even, based on L...and they are just stock with a few changes.

Emmanuel U

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
As you most likely all know, Android L has been pushed into AOSP. This means creating a ROM will be significantly easier than building it from the Nexus 5 preview image.

Are any devs currently working on a port? I hope someone is at least making some attempts to bring Android L to Hercules.

?Long Live Hercules ?

Once it gets merged into CM(12?) source I'll take a look at it.

Emmanuel U

Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs
I was bored

I was poking at the L dev release today and made it flashable for the hercules. I was able to get a very rudimentary logcat from it
Code:
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
So I'm gonna take a look at the ramdisk, there must be something new with mounts. Some progress but nothing worthy of an upload, mainly just a heads up that hey someone's upto it. I'll keep working on it...

Emmanuel U

Jul 29, 2011
Chi-Town Suburbs

developer209

Nov 16, 2013
Ballico
D

Darth

When is the source code expected to be out?

It's out basically... But only for Nexus.

Nothing will happen on the X until first it's released officially, and then shortly after, they release source.

Fall is their general eta... Not sure when non nexus devices will see it tho... Somewhere between a little after Nexus... To months after for some devices.

Last edited:
May not be L related...but it can be in the future

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-09-22-23-28-48.png
    Screenshot_2014-09-22-23-28-48.png
    82.4 KB · Views: 247

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Android L for Hercules is now open source. If anyone would like to take a look at my progress, I'm currently building a device tree with all the changes I make (currently just ramdisk). Also if interested keep an eye out on my kernel as I may make a L specific branch.

https://github.com/EmmanuelU/android_device_samsung_hercules/tree/cm-12.0
    I was bored

I was poking at the L dev release today and made it flashable for the hercules. I was able to get a very rudimentary logcat from it
    Code:
    - exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -
    So I'm gonna take a look at the ramdisk, there must be something new with mounts. Some progress but nothing worthy of an upload, mainly just a heads up that hey someone's upto it. I'll keep working on it...
    Has any progress been made?

Past SELinux? Nope I haven't been working on it. I realized spending time on a Dev kit is sorta futile as there are gonna be changes which will just require a restart of my progress....I'll be on it when source code is out

?Long Live Hercules ?

Once it gets merged into CM(12?) source I'll take a look at it.
    you are the man! hoping for the best!

Is this going to be worked on any more? Just wondering.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2