[Q] Best Rom for the Shift?

Search This thread

ls3mach

Apr 4, 2006
I am just looking for a rom with that is close to stock, has sense, has Sprint hotspot enabled and the wifi works. Anyone suggest one for me?

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
I am just looking for a rom with that is close to stock, has sense, has Sprint hotspot enabled and the wifi works. Anyone suggest one for me?

If your looking for a close to factory, but not totally Factory Rom. Then I would suggest either MikShifted G v2.1, or newSENSE RC1 SENSE 2.1. Both excellent Roms. Both are WiFi Hotspot, and USB Tether capable. Both are stable, and fast. Just a matter of which one you prefer.

ls3mach

Apr 4, 2006
If your looking for a close to factory, but not totally Factory Rom. Then I would suggest either MikShifted G v2.1, or newSENSE RC1 SENSE 2.1. Both excellent Roms. Both are WiFi Hotspot, and USB Tether capable. Both are stable, and fast. Just a matter of which one you prefer.

I've tried them both. Each have this damn error with wifi. I need wifi. I'm trying everything, but haven't found a solution.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
Somethings got to be wrong on your end. Both of those Roms are stable as can be. In fact I'm tethering off SSv9.2.1 as I'm posting this. It's based off of MikShifted G. Try re-flashing your recovery.

ls3mach

Apr 4, 2006
Somethings got to be wrong on your end. Both of those Roms are stable as can be. In fact I'm tethering off SSv9.2.1 as I'm posting this. It's based off of MikShifted G. Try re-flashing your recovery.

The roms seem stable, they just won't start wifi. I have tried 3 or 4 different ones now with varying radios and versions of Android. Not sure what else to try. I am looking for a stock RUU, maybe that will help.

prboy1969

May 7, 2009
Michigan
It isn't physically the device, it is something that has been flashed and I can't figure out how to correct the issue.

Ok so I've seen you post up in like three different threads. Just a word of advice, it's going to be easier to help if you try to keep it all in one thread ;) . That being said, did you re-flash a Recovery as I suggested in the other thread? Then try reflashing a Rom. To see if everything works correctly. Did you RUU yet? If you RUU'd and the issue still exists there is something else going on. Reason being the RUU takes it back to fresh out of the box.

YoungCorruptionV2.0

Sep 27, 2011
^^^ Thank god I'm not the only one seeing that. I was beginning to think I was too ****ed up on 4/20

Sent from my PG06100 using xda premium

ls3mach

Apr 4, 2006
Here is Stock. If wifi doesn't work on this then something is up. Do you have s-on bootloader?

Thank you for the RUU. I am going to try this when I get home. This is my significant other's device, so I don't have it with me. If I can't get this sorted out, I will just give her my 3D and buy the new EVO when it comes out, this isn't worth my time.

ls3mach

Apr 4, 2006
Here is Stock. If wifi doesn't work on this then something is up. Do you have s-on bootloader?

This rom has corrected the wifi issue. Which rom is safe to flash with the Sprint Hotspot unlocked. Am I correct in assuming this because this rom is Gingerbread based?

EDIT

I have S-ON still.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well I just got a new phone and the EVO 3D but all your opinions were tried out. And to give my honest opinion, SupremeSense and UKE were the best out of all :p

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA
    If you try that many different Roms, and no WiFi on any. Something is up with your device.

TEAM MiK
    MikROMs Since 3/13/11
    Thank you for the RUU. I am going to try this when I get home. This is my significant other's device, so I don't have it with me. If I can't get this sorted out, I will just give her my 3D and buy the new EVO when it comes out, this isn't worth my time.

That is not the RUU . That is a Stock Rooted Rom. What RUU do you want?
    I don't really need S-Off, I just want to flash a rom with hotspot enabled. Le sigh.

No s-off = no unlocked hotspot... You caused all these headaches for yourself because you CAN'T FOLLOW DIRECTIONS!!!!!!!

just like here... Every device you have seems to be a struggle for you... Maybe rooting isnt for you???

Sent from my PG06100