LG SU660 ICS Source Drop

Search This thread

Naberus

Apr 14, 2012
For those interested, LG has posted source for ICS on the P999's older sibling, the SU660.

Available from LG's open source page - but I can't post a link apparently.

[Edit: Link is 2 posts down. Thanks dw9906.]

Last edited:
Reactions: jnhsd0319

n30wav3

Dec 24, 2010
London
Reactions: Nightmare_24_7

TiGuy82

Jun 11, 2008
The source code was released today. We need to be patient ;)

Sent from my XT885 using Tapatalk 2

n30wav3

Dec 24, 2010
London
Is there a rom using this source? becouse i think that CM10 hackfest is not using it at all...

Ofcourse not. Hackfest was based on a modified cm9 kernel that's why all those cm9 bugs in that. The only rom using this kernel now is v30c and also the cm10 acree has on his p990 ;) ... just wait two more days ... u will start to see the roms arrive magically by the weekend ;)

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DankoFGL

phitch

Jan 29, 2012
Did LG just ***** slap T-Mobile or what! This entire time T-mobile's reps have been trying to blame LG for the lack of ICS on the G2x when LG has said they were working on it and that T-mobile didn't want the update. So LG releases to source code and look at that seems like LG was actually doing what they said.

DankoFGL

Jan 13, 2012
Caracas
Did LG just ***** slap T-Mobile or what! This entire time T-mobile's reps have been trying to blame LG for the lack of ICS on the G2x when LG has said they were working on it and that T-mobile didn't want the update. So LG releases to source code and look at that seems like LG was actually doing what they said.

This combined with the comeback of the G2X on the Web Store of T-mobile...

lotherius

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 12, 2009
Houston, TX
Google Pixel 6
We need to keep in mind a couple things.

1) LG Kernel source drops are rarely 100% ready to compile. The kernel experts will need time to fix all the loose ends that LG left when they ripped out things they don't want the outside world to see (it happens!) Also there may be bits and pieces that the kernel depends on to compile that are themselves proprietary and not included. Again, not a show stopper for the pros, but takes time to fix up and make into a compilable and working kernel.

2) Just because there are defines for p999 in the kernel doesn't mean that it contains full p999 support. It may or it may not. I'd be shocked if it does.

But it looks like we're golden for ICS .... Silver for JB? Hopefully if there are issues on JB with this then some of the better devs will at least give cm9 ICS a second look.

And hopefully this kernel dump will be better than previous for those of us unfortunate enough to have SOD/Reboots on anything but stock LG.

nizmoboy98

Jun 18, 2012
ewa beach
Can't wait for cm10 hopefully we get it before the weekend. I've had galaxy s2 and HTC amaze and I like my g2x better its just the right size :D

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http://changelog.bbqdroid.org/#p999/cm10/next

Bite the pillow, arcee is going in dry.

Watch there for nightlies.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
    Honestly until something shows up on http://get.cm, nothing is going to happen. Arcee/CyanogenMod are the only people that can do anything for this phone. Even Eaglesblood/whoever just bases their work on CM.

So just keep an eye on http://get.cm, anything that appears before CyanogenMod is just going to be crap. Then afterwards people are going to modify the build.prop, release a new ROM, and call it their own.....

Someone like you always seems to hop in these threads and spread their ignorant nonsense.

RC is a brilliant pioneer without question, but certainly not the only person to provide meaningful contributions to the G2x community. Will he have the first or most stable release? I'd say probably so, but that doesn't mean that no one will have anything meaningful to add to it, or have solid releases of their own.

I'm not sure if you realize how insulting you're being to our devs, but I think you do and just don't care. I think I speak for a great number of individuals in the community when I say that it's ok for you to say something like "RC's a great dev, so I'm sure he'll have something for us relatively soon", but you can keep that dev bashing crap to yourself.
    I'm on Ricardo for the heads up on the story. He understands I'm a journalist prick.

mustangtim49@Xda-developers.com
    From Ricardo, P990, it's so close!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2012+-+2
    We need to keep in mind a couple things.

1) LG Kernel source drops are rarely 100% ready to compile. The kernel experts will need time to fix all the loose ends that LG left when they ripped out things they don't want the outside world to see (it happens!) Also there may be bits and pieces that the kernel depends on to compile that are themselves proprietary and not included. Again, not a show stopper for the pros, but takes time to fix up and make into a compilable and working kernel.

2) Just because there are defines for p999 in the kernel doesn't mean that it contains full p999 support. It may or it may not. I'd be shocked if it does.

But it looks like we're golden for ICS .... Silver for JB? Hopefully if there are issues on JB with this then some of the better devs will at least give cm9 ICS a second look.

And hopefully this kernel dump will be better than previous for those of us unfortunate enough to have SOD/Reboots on anything but stock LG.