So long Sprint!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

iBustCh3rries

Jan 6, 2010
Well it's been fun everyone but I just got a letter from sprint letting me know they will be terminating my contract for excessive roaming. I find it funny though because Since I was laid off in late november I've used mostly WiFi at home... but my contract is up on march 13 after that I'm probably going back to T-Mobile. So long to everyone on sprint forums from the Nexus 4G the GS2 and right here on the GS3.

Reactions: ghostzyden

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Well it's been fun everyone but I just got a letter from sprint letting me know they will be terminating my contract for excessive roaming. I find it funny though because Since I was laid off in late november I've used mostly WiFi at home... but my contract is up on march 13 after that I'm probably going back to T-Mobile. So long to everyone on sprint forums from the Nexus 4G the GS2 and right here on the GS3.

What did you do? Run a prl or use roam control?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Ytsejamer1

Nov 25, 2012
Lmao!

---------- Post added at 09:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:13 PM ----------

Hi

I'm sorry...I found that funny as well.

On subject...it worries me when I read that people are getting the boot from Sprint. I don't abuse my connection at all, but I'm always curious why folks would be told to leave. It's not like Sprint is doing all that well these days.

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area
I'm sorry...I found that funny as well.

On subject...it worries me when I read that people are getting the boot from Sprint. I don't abuse my connection at all, but I'm always curious why folks would be told to leave. It's not like Sprint is doing all that well these days.

For excessive off-network roaming which isnt cheap for sprint.

I like to break stuff! :D

Reactions: flastnoles11

Ytsejamer1

Nov 25, 2012
For excessive off-network roaming which isnt cheap for sprint.

I know some folks like to force roam for whatever reason, but what if your phone is doing it on its own because Sprint's network is not as robust? I suppose Sprint could always say that person x isn't a good customer for them...but it is always surprising at least to me, to hear.

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
I know some folks like to force roam for whatever reason, but what if your phone is doing it on its own because Sprint's network is not as robust? I suppose Sprint could always say that person x isn't a good customer for them...but it is always surprising at least to me, to hear.

Sprint will offer the airwave for people in that situation. You usually get warned before they terminate your contract. That'd be the time to ask about the airwave.

People who force roam to get out of their contact w/o the etf need to grow a pair. You signed a contract you need to honor it or pay the etf if you want to leave.

Sent from a planet far far away.

LexLuger82

May 25, 2011
Sprint will offer the airwave for people in that situation. You usually get warned before they terminate your contract. That'd be the time to ask about the airwave.

People who force roam to get out of their contact w/o the etf need to grow a pair. You signed a contract you need to honor it or pay the etf if you want to leave.

Lmfao

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

Reactions: xcaliburpcs

-EViL-KoNCEPTz-

Nov 9, 2011
Tampa Bay area

Yeah it gets on my nerves when ppl force roam off cuz it makes the rest of us suffer price hikes and loss of perks, sprint has to recoup the money they lost 1. On the contract they just terminated and 2. On the roaming tab that customer left them with. Off network roaming costs sprint a small fortune they pay something like $1.50 for every 500MB you use off network so $3 a GB if you roamed 9 GB they now have to pay $27 to whoever you roamed on, usually VZW. And they let it go for 3-6 months so in the end they end up paying close to what your etf should be plus forfeit your etf so they lose out 2x what they should have broken even on.
And to put things in perspective for costs, it only costs sprint about 9/10ths of 1 cent per GB you use on their network. So 10GB costs them 9 cents versus ~$30 off network

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Super cool story, bro.
    This story was so amazing it made me poop a little
    I started reading but it seemed long...when is the movie coming out?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I am sorry. I should have closed this sooner
    It has gone wayyyy past the limit.
    FNM