[How To][Video Tut] Install/Run V6 Supercharger + Patching Services.jar [1/6/2013]

Was this worth?Did it help?

• Yes Ofcourse,make the next tut also

Votes: 19 76.0%
  • No!

Votes: 6 24.0%

• Total voters
Search This thread

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
Hi Geeks :cool:

Somehow many people wont understand how to insatll V6 Supercharger on their Devices
So Came up A Video tutorial,expecting it would help in some way

Rules:
1.Dont call yourself a Noob and do nothing,this is just an excuse! (Words of the OP :p)
2.Just because you got the OP link dont ask redundant questions there,read read and if you dont get,you may ask
providing proper required files,ill tell ya! Hold on :p
3.If you notice i got some things wrong,well please help me if you find something
I make it for Beginners so the simple language
4.If you dont like/Undersand it,unsupercharge and move on,SIMPLE!
5.Hacking Services.jar at Post#2

Notes:
1.This Script will work on ANY Rooted Android Device,so please dont ask if it will work on my 'Bla bla bla'
2.I get all this right from the original thread after reading...
A Few Explainations

*You may skip these (Coz the script tells you everything,a bit more precisely)
Yet for Beginners,lets read...

1.OOM groupings and priority fixes
v6 actually groups your apps according to the priorities they are used.Like the home Launcher should always
have the highest priority,followed by the soft keyboard and so on...(Sometimes your launcher gets killled
after playing a heavy game,so thats what wont happen after setting actual priorities)

2.Low memory killer values
Linux or android defines certain values the the system Ram should should always keep free for better
functioning of your device
This script will let you set the values,say high(For gamers) or low(MultiTasking) according to your requirement
and Tests/experience
256hp,512 hp,786+(In the script) are all LMK option values you can choose from
There's also a MKF calculator that calculates OPTIMUM minfree valuse based on your device RAM

3.Detailing
This will optimize all sqlite3 databases found on your device.

Resulting in faster database access and less ram usage for smoother performance.

4.Engine Flush-O-Matic
As you use your device,your cache keeps growing and your device becomes slow
In linux RAM never remains FREE,the free ram is always used to store device cache
Flush-o-matic Cleans this cache+Useless RAM usage and allows you to have a device,again with optimum RAM
You can set the time to what this script will run,so it starts automatically in the background & works for you! ;)

5.Fixalign
This fixes permissions of all the apps and then Zipalings them(Simulatneously!The only Script of its kind! )
This basically helps optimize all the apps and less ram consumption,thus a Faster device!

6.Wheelalignment and fix emissions
These zipaling and fix permissions,but separately

7.BulletProof Apps
There are few apps which your frequently use,so this will keep those in memory (Your choice apps)
so they are quickly accessible without them having to start each time!

-=Starter Kit=-(Recommended,not compulsory)
Always use the Latest busybox (Atleast 1.16.2 and above)
contains Recommeded busybox squite3 and zipalign binary

Watch the video in highest available quality

If the Video Thumbnail Dosent show up here's the link [How To][Video Tut] Install/Run V6 Supercharger + Patching Services.jar [1/6/2013]

This is A video tut,so DONT call it a clone of threads and updated
Will Keep Updated as well

Credits

1.Zeppelinrox(Thank him) For the SCript Of course!
2.gu5t3r (For helping me with things,when i needed a tut like this)

If this was helpful hit Thanx and motivate for making things simpler

Would appreciate feedback​

Last edited:

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
Hacking/Patching Services.jar

Need:
The problem with SuperCharging ICS is that ICS doesn't read ADJ values from build.prop or local.prop -
they are hardcoded into services.jar!(From the OP,you see the OP tells us everything!)

Requirements:
1.Java Installed on your PC
2.Your device drivers installed on the pc
3.USB debugging mode enabled on your Device
4.Latest Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools

For ROM Cooks

The files needed are in:
init.d folder
/data/*.sh
/data/V6* folder
build.prop and local.prop (if applicable).
*.rc files (init.rc, etc) are optional.
patched services.jar

Dont just watch and move on
Hit Thanx and motivate if things got simpler :good:

Last edited:

stevae

Apr 29, 2013
here there and everywhere
ok. 2 questions: 1. i am following along with you in the video, but i never see you activate the starter kit? should i assume you already did this? if so, how can i activate the starter kit?
i am using i9300XXEMB6, OMEGA 43.3 XXEMC3

i already put the starter kit on my INTERNAL SD CARD, and tried to run it from recovery. two times i tried to run the starter kit, it said, "installation failed". so i guess i have not activated the starter kit yet. however, i did down load smanager, and was following you along until you chose the script, and i haven't run the starter kit.
so question 2. can i run the script along with you, or do i need to wait until i run the starter kit?

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
ok. 2 questions: 1. i am following along with you in the video, but i never see you activate the starter kit? should i assume you already did this? if so, how can i activate the starter kit?
i am using i9300XXEMB6, OMEGA 43.3 XXEMC3

i already put the starter kit on my INTERNAL SD CARD, and tried to run it from recovery. two times i tried to run the starter kit, it said, "installation failed". so i guess i have not activated the starter kit yet. however, i did down load smanager, and was following you along until you chose the script, and i haven't run the starter kit.
so question 2. can i run the script along with you, or do i need to wait until i run the starter kit?

You are suppose to install the starter kit exactly the same way you ran the script!
It is not flashable in cwm
Unzip the starter kit,then throught script manager run the script when it again asks you to install
1.busybox(as i said it is not compulsory to install the starter kit)
If your busyboz is 1.16 or greater..you are fine without the kit

If you get errors (segmentation fault) while running fixaling and detailing u need the kit..or start with the scripts

^Coz We dont just Root phones for Fun ;)

stevae

Apr 29, 2013
ok, so i figured out the starter kit, and tried to run my installation right along with your installation on the video. but mine kept getting faster or slower than yours, and so i would get off of where you were. sometimes my installation went much faster than yours, and while i was waiting for yours to catch up, it chose not to allow the choice i was waiting to find out about, so it was not installed. how can i go back and change those choices?

also, how can you tell if you are fully (100%) supercharged?

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
ok, so i figured out the starter kit, and tried to run my installation right along with your installation on the video. but mine kept getting faster or slower than yours, and so i would get off of where you were. sometimes my installation went much faster than yours, and while i was waiting for yours to catch up, it chose not to allow the choice i was waiting to find out about, so it was not installed. how can i go back and change those choices?

The script itself tell u how much supercharged u are..
Hit option 30...for changing shoices

Might wanna hit thanx :p

Reactions: stevae

stevae

Apr 29, 2013
yes of course i hit thanks for you doing this video. but i don't understand where do i hit option 30?
i didn't see what the script said about my supercharge, because it went too fast a lot of the time.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

i am only 50% because i didn't run ultimate jar patcher tool. but i don't understand how to run it. it says on the op to run through supercharger, but when i run supercharger it just says i haven't run it yet, and sends me back to xda page. i have it down loaded, and on my phone in both the external sdcard, and the 0sdcard (internal) so why isn't supercharger running it?

or how do i run it?

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
yes of course i hit thanks for you doing this video. but i don't understand where do i hit option 30?
i didn't see what the script said about my supercharge, because it went too fast a lot of the time.

---------- Post added at 03:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

i am only 50% because i didn't run ultimate jar patcher tool. but i don't understand how to run it. it says on the op to run through supercharger, but when i run supercharger it just says i haven't run it yet, and sends me back to xda page. i have it down loaded, and on my phone in both the external sdcard, and the 0sdcard (internal) so why isn't supercharger running it?

or how do i run it?
To run ultimatic patcher tool,you need a
1.java installed pc
2.Latest utimatic patcher tools from the download page
3.Device connect with usb debugging enabled
then 'Extract' the tools and run the .bat file

Note*-Hacking services.jar (by ultimatic jar patcher tools is for More for multitasking and not for Gamers!)
Read the comments while you run the .bat file,it will tell ya everything

for changing options,
Do as i did in the video..
Run the script
Then you see anything like driver options?
Enter (1-34)
There u enter 30..and select scrolling speed as slow...

You might wanna hit thanx :p

Last edited:
Reactions: androizers

stevae

Apr 29, 2013
i have run it several times. each time it says that everything is going great. but when i finish, i am still only at 50% sc. so i posted my logs on the v6 thread, as it asked me to do. but there is no comments throughout that execution that says why my launcher is not sc, only that it isn't.

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
I had replied but it would be good to also note here that if, while patching, the before and after ADJs are the same, nothing is changed.

So in cases of it not working, be sure to only patch a previously unmodified services.jar.

Reactions: Madaditya

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
I had replied but it would be good to also note here that if, while patching, the before and after ADJs are the same, nothing is changed.

So in cases of it not working, be sure to only patch a previously unmodified services.jar.
Right said!

i didnt get the reply,
Ahh!the messagin service sometimes behaves that way

MOst Rom makers used your Style services.jar and so the result
So,next ill make a tut for hacking services.jar and also tell people to check if everything was succesful =)
checking adjs and all

Thanx

Last edited:

stevae

Apr 29, 2013

ok. so here would then be my next question. since it obviously did it successfully at some point for the first time, why didn't it supercharge my launcher at that point? then i would not have patched it again.

i have searched this entire site, and there is nothing on how to find or check adj's. also, how do i choose which services.jar to patch?

ok madaditya, time for another video!!! lol!

Last edited:

zeppelinrox

Dec 21, 2010
IN THE FREAKIN' OP
Well I think the only tools to check ADJs for groupings are by me :p
Ultimatic shows them just before applying settings.

You can grab services.jar from your roms flashable zip and put it where ultimatic tells you to.

Problems happen when a rom half asses the patch to services.jar and values are not consistent in both ProcessList.smali and ActivityManagerService.smali

Anyway, I'm working on a workaround/fix so that ultimatic uses the values in PL.smali as a last resort and instead will try and get the values from AMS.smali first.

This lessens the likelihood of it not patching due to different values in the 2 smali files.

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
i have searched this entire site, and there is nothing on how to find or check adj's. also, how do i choose which services.jar to patch?

ok madaditya, time for another video!!! lol!

Ill need some time,got exams :-/

Well I think the only tools to check ADJs for groupings are by me :p
Ultimatic shows them just before applying settings.

You can grab services.jar from your roms flashable zip and put it where ultimatic tells you to.

Problems happen when a rom half asses the patch to services.jar and values are not consistent in both ProcessList.smali and ActivityManagerService.smali

Anyway, I'm working on a workaround/fix so that ultimatic uses the values in PL.smali as a last resort and instead will try and get the values from AMS.smali first.

This lessens the likelihood of it not patching due to different values in the 2 smali files.

Uummm,yup!
Coz i never came across any script that tells you the ADJ values..
Actully i gotta know everything,it be the ram lesson,sqlite optimization,how scripts work,what init.d does etc only after i Started reading for 'supdercharger' :p

Ha! Zep's at work!
So eagerly waiting for next update and whatever you have on your minds
With image #7! :D :thumbup:

Last edited:

Mr Prize

Jun 27, 2013
stuck on bootloop.. help..

cant even restore the nanddroid backup.. says MD5 mismatch..

Last edited:

Madaditya

Jul 30, 2012
Pune
referany.com
stuck on bootloop.. help..

cant even restore the nanddroid backup.. says MD5 mismatch..

Strange!
Get Aroma FIle manager from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1646108

1.flash it via cwm and browse to system/etc/init.d and delete all scripts there!
reboot and it should boot..
2.Try supercharging again
3.If the problem continues post the logs from data/ on to the original Supercharger thread(links in OP) thread

Note-Always make sure you use the latest scripts

Hope this helps

arenaboy007

Oct 27, 2010
I can't connect my phone to charge only. It always connects as a mass storage. Get stuck at "daemon started successfully..."
It's an Xperia GO with CM10.1

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi Geeks :cool:

Somehow many people wont understand how to insatll V6 Supercharger on their Devices
    So Came up A Video tutorial,expecting it would help in some way

Rules:
    1.Dont call yourself a Noob and do nothing,this is just an excuse! (Words of the OP :p)
    2.Just because you got the OP link dont ask redundant questions there,read read and if you dont get,you may ask
    providing proper required files,ill tell ya! Hold on :p
    3.If you notice i got some things wrong,well please help me if you find something
    I make it for Beginners so the simple language
    4.If you dont like/Undersand it,unsupercharge and move on,SIMPLE!
    5.Hacking Services.jar at Post#2

Notes:
    1.This Script will work on ANY Rooted Android Device,so please dont ask if it will work on my 'Bla bla bla'
    2.I get all this right from the original thread after reading...
    A Few Explainations

*You may skip these (Coz the script tells you everything,a bit more precisely)
    Yet for Beginners,lets read...

1.OOM groupings and priority fixes
    v6 actually groups your apps according to the priorities they are used.Like the home Launcher should always
    have the highest priority,followed by the soft keyboard and so on...(Sometimes your launcher gets killled
    after playing a heavy game,so thats what wont happen after setting actual priorities)

2.Low memory killer values
    Linux or android defines certain values the the system Ram should should always keep free for better
    functioning of your device
    This script will let you set the values,say high(For gamers) or low(MultiTasking) according to your requirement
    and Tests/experience
    256hp,512 hp,786+(In the script) are all LMK option values you can choose from
    There's also a MKF calculator that calculates OPTIMUM minfree valuse based on your device RAM

3.Detailing
    This will optimize all sqlite3 databases found on your device.

Resulting in faster database access and less ram usage for smoother performance.

4.Engine Flush-O-Matic
    As you use your device,your cache keeps growing and your device becomes slow
    In linux RAM never remains FREE,the free ram is always used to store device cache
    Flush-o-matic Cleans this cache+Useless RAM usage and allows you to have a device,again with optimum RAM
    You can set the time to what this script will run,so it starts automatically in the background & works for you! ;)

5.Fixalign
    This fixes permissions of all the apps and then Zipalings them(Simulatneously!The only Script of its kind! )
    This basically helps optimize all the apps and less ram consumption,thus a Faster device!

6.Wheelalignment and fix emissions
    These zipaling and fix permissions,but separately

7.BulletProof Apps
    There are few apps which your frequently use,so this will keep those in memory (Your choice apps)
    so they are quickly accessible without them having to start each time!

-=Starter Kit=-(Recommended,not compulsory)
    Always use the Latest busybox (Atleast 1.16.2 and above)
    contains Recommeded busybox squite3 and zipalign binary

Watch the video in highest available quality

If the Video Thumbnail Dosent show up here's the link [How To][Video Tut] Install/Run V6 Supercharger + Patching Services.jar [1/6/2013]

This is A video tut,so DONT call it a clone of threads and updated
    Will Keep Updated as well

Credits

1.Zeppelinrox(Thank him) For the SCript Of course!
    2.gu5t3r (For helping me with things,when i needed a tut like this)

If this was helpful hit Thanx and motivate for making things simpler

Would appreciate feedback​
    Hacking/Patching Services.jar

Need:
    The problem with SuperCharging ICS is that ICS doesn't read ADJ values from build.prop or local.prop -
    they are hardcoded into services.jar!(From the OP,you see the OP tells us everything!)

Requirements:
    1.Java Installed on your PC
    2.Your device drivers installed on the pc
    3.USB debugging mode enabled on your Device
    4.Latest Ultimatic Jar Patcher Tools

For ROM Cooks

The files needed are in:
    init.d folder
    /data/*.sh
    /data/V6* folder
    build.prop and local.prop (if applicable).
    *.rc files (init.rc, etc) are optional.
    patched services.jar

Dont just watch and move on
    Hit Thanx and motivate if things got simpler :good:

The script itself tell u how much supercharged u are..
    Hit option 30...for changing shoices

Might wanna hit thanx :p

or how do i run it?
    To run ultimatic patcher tool,you need a
    1.java installed pc
    2.Latest utimatic patcher tools from the download page
    3.Device connect with usb debugging enabled
    then 'Extract' the tools and run the .bat file

Note*-Hacking services.jar (by ultimatic jar patcher tools is for More for multitasking and not for Gamers!)
    Read the comments while you run the .bat file,it will tell ya everything

for changing options,
    Do as i did in the video..
    Run the script
    Then you see anything like driver options?
    Enter (1-34)
    There u enter 30..and select scrolling speed as slow...

You might wanna hit thanx :p