[Q] Nexus 5 horizontal lines on display.

Search This thread

dcosmopolitan

Jan 16, 2011
Bangalore
OnePlus 5T
OnePlus 8T
I recently bought a Nexus 5 32 GB Black from Google Play Store India. I find an issue with the display. I can see horizontal lines on the display on looking closer to the screen. Anyone else facing similar issue? Just wanted to be sure that the issue is with my device only before requesting for RMA. It really can't be captured on a camera, but if anyone has seen it already, they should be able to know what I am talking about.

Reactions: gautham_y

bradellis51

Nov 24, 2013
I recently bought a Nexus 5 32 GB Black from Google Play Store India. I find an issue with the display. I can see horizontal lines on the display on looking closer to the screen. Anyone else facing similar issue? Just wanted to be sure that the issue is with my device only before requesting for RMA. It really can't be captured on a camera, but if anyone has seen it already, they should be able to know what I am talking about.

Thats just the LCD panel behind the glass. My HTC One had that, as well as my nexus 4.

bradellis51

Nov 24, 2013
well its not a problem when the screen is on.. The only time you can notice it is if your looking at it in a certain angle in a certain light lol.

hakim1125

Jun 30, 2012
Windsor
I've got them too. You can see them very prominently in the orange part of the wallpaper. Sorry about the orientation/Quality. Taken with my Nexus 7. x)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1385427953512.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1385427953512.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 5,015
Last edited:

gautham_y

Thank you for making this topic! I have the same issue and I was wondering if it's just me. I can see the horizontal lines without even looking at the screen up close. I haven't had a chance to compare it with anything else though... I'm sending in my device for RMA due to the power button, I can report back in about 10 days if the new device has the same issue (if you want).

Endoran

Dec 14, 2010
Yeah I don't think that's normal. I don't have those lines either.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

sharpehenry

Oct 2, 2012
Yeah... I don't see like that on my nexus 5. I think your screen is defected.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using xda app-developers app

Technowhiteboi

Dec 21, 2013
Eastcoast
I only have this problem when i am viewing a video on facebook or in my snapchat.. besides that it doesnt happen or i dont see anything at all.:confused::confused::confused:

Byclouds

Jul 1, 2014

I know this post is old, but I purchased a N5 a few days ago, and I found the same issue as you describe. It´s not like the image hakim1125 posted, is something more subtle, like grey horizontal lines all across the dislplay, right? In my case the lines are even visible at normal usage distance. So, is this supposed to be normal? Have you exchanged yours for a new one?

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I know this post is old, but I purchased a N5 a few days ago, and I found the same issue as you describe. It´s not like the image hakim1125 posted, is something more subtle, like grey horizontal lines all across the dislplay, right? In my case the lines are even visible at normal usage distance. So, is this supposed to be normal? Have you exchanged yours for a new one?

Sorry for my english.

Nope. It's not normal. It's RMA time!

- Sent from an IceCold Hammerhead!

Reactions: Byclouds

Byclouds

Jul 1, 2014

I would do RMA, the problem is I bought the device in the US, and I live in Argentina. So I guess I´ll have to live with it.

I made an image with photoshop that illustrates the issue some of us are talking about. (See image below)
Specially on white or light backgrounds...It is barely noticable when viewing the screen at normal distance (you have to look for it), but is visible with the phone at a closer distance (about 6 inches)

Thanks for your help.

lines%202.jpg

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
I would do RMA, the problem is I bought the device in the US, and I live in Argentina. So I guess I´ll have to live with it.

I made an image with photoshop that illustrates the issue some of us are talking about. (See image below)
Specially on white or light backgrounds...It is barely noticable when viewing the screen at normal distance (you have to look for it), but is visible with the phone at a closer distance (about 6 inches)

Thanks for your help.

Oh mann. That's terrible. I guess you will need to live with it. However, I would still recommend showing it to a LG service center. It could also be a faulty/loose cable and if that's the case, you need not cough up much money to fix it.

Reactions: Byclouds

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Sorry for my english.

Thanks for your help.

Oh mann. That's terrible. I guess you will need to live with it. However, I would still recommend showing it to a LG service center. It could also be a faulty/loose cable and if that's the case, you need not cough up much money to fix it.