All Apps Crash on Boot. Phone Unusable

Search This thread

screecwe

Jul 31, 2009
I'm not really sure what's going on. Out of the blue (haven't installed anything new) my Razr Maxx HD started showing an endless loop of app crashes. Many are google related apps or processes, and the rest are apps that shouldn't even be started yet. Just random ones from my app drawer. The dialogue boxes appear as fast as I can press them.

I tried going to settings and deleting the app settings. I tried doing a factory reboot(the button basically doesn't respond to touch). Tried doing a factory install from the boot menu and only got the red ! on the triangle.

Any suggestions?

bweN diorD

Jun 12, 2011
I'm not really sure what's going on. Out of the blue (haven't installed anything new) my Razr Maxx HD started showing an endless loop of app crashes. Many are google related apps or processes, and the rest are apps that shouldn't even be started yet. Just random ones from my app drawer. The dialogue boxes appear as fast as I can press them.

I tried going to settings and deleting the app settings. I tried doing a factory reboot(the button basically doesn't respond to touch). Tried doing a factory install from the boot menu and only got the red ! on the triangle.

Any suggestions?

if you have a 926, i would grab the utility from the dev forum that matches your system version and re-flash the phone. something went off on a tangent and there is no other magical fix that im aware of.

screecwe

Jul 31, 2009
if you have a 926, i would grab the utility from the dev forum that matches your system version and re-flash the phone. something went off on a tangent and there is no other magical fix that im aware of.

Will this run if I only have access to fastboot? I can't install anything through the gui.

screecwe

Jul 31, 2009
OK to update. I finally fixed it. I was trying to unlock the phone using motopocolypse, but installing any app was impossible. Even while I was able to take 10 minutes to navigate to the right spot by utilizing the miliseconds before app crashes, the phone would reboot when i went to accept the app was asking for superuser. Nothing else was working.

Tried running RSD Lite and using a stock copy of 4.1.2 and it gives me an error about Unknown Fastboot Command "var" or somethiing like that. Finally found out that if you edit the xml file inside the rom's zip, and delete ALL single lines containing "var", then save, and it worked.