Factory Reset with root and R/W off on 4.4

Search This thread

andino

May 13, 2010
Socal
I'm giving my phone to my brother and I want to keep the root and R/W off but I need to clear all the personal data off the phone before handing it over to him. I used jcase's beta method before WPNOMORE was out and then ran WPNOMORE when it was released. I'm pretty sure this means I don't have a recovery since the beta method for 4.4 kept the R/W off "recovery" exploit. So how would I go about doing a factory reset now? Will I have to RSDlite back to 4.2.2 and then redo the root/WP method?

dray_jr

Jul 3, 2009
Fort Myers,FL
I'm giving my phone to my brother and I want to keep the root and R/W off but I need to clear all the personal data off the phone before handing it over to him. I used jcase's beta method before WPNOMORE was out and then ran WPNOMORE when it was released. I'm pretty sure this means I don't have a recovery since the beta method for 4.4 kept the R/W off "recovery" exploit. So how would I go about doing a factory reset now? Will I have to RSDlite back to 4.2.2 and then redo the root/WP method?

no just go into settings/security i think and click on factory reset it will still be rooted and WP off but all your data will be removed but you might have to reinstall SuperSU by chainfire from the market.

good luck

Reactions: andino

bigv5150

Jan 8, 2011

Download the fxz then remove the recovery file open command window and type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and you will have stock image back. This is assuming youhhave adb and fastboot set up on your PC. I'm not sure you need recovery for FDR but i would install it just to be safe. and it will not wipe out your root. All a factory data reset does is wipeout user data so all the apps passwords photos music etc. will be wiped out.

Reactions: andino

andino

May 13, 2010
Socal
Awesome thanks guys. Gonna fastboot the recovery to be safe so I don't have to deal with bootlooping.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

no just go into settings/security i think and click on factory reset it will still be rooted and WP off but all your data will be removed but you might have to reinstall SuperSU by chainfire from the market.

good luck

Download the fxz then remove the recovery file open command window and type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img and you will have stock image back. This is assuming youhhave adb and fastboot set up on your PC. I'm not sure you need recovery for FDR but i would install it just to be safe. and it will not wipe out your root. All a factory data reset does is wipeout user data so all the apps passwords photos music etc. will be wiped out.