[Q] How do i install apps on sd card on Samsung Galaxy S duos 2 gt-s7582

Search This thread

riteshsaxena

Recognized Developer
Feb 3, 2014
Greater Noida
riteshsaxena.github.io
Hello,
i am new to android world and this is my first android. But i am not able to install apps on external sd card.
So, i am not able to install high end games like modern combat 4 , asphalt 8 , NFS Most Want , etc.

please give an beginner guide to do this.

Last edited:

thunder.ravi7

May 9, 2014
simdega
You can transfer all your games to ext sd card...
Go to settings>more>application manager>select the game> move to sd card...

Sent from my GT-S7582 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

aditya.kamble

May 18, 2013
India
Use Link2SD App ( Root Needed )

Hello,
i am new to android world and this is my first android. But i am not able to install apps on external sd card.
So, i am not able to install high end games like modern combat 4 , asphalt 8 , NFS Most Want , etc.

please give an beginner guide to do this.

All applications are not able to install on sd card
They consume lot amount of internal storage , you can use link2sd app to force them to move on sd card so you can install more apps on your device

Link2SD - Google Play : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.buak.Link2SD

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
With 768 MB RAM and a dual core processor, you might not be enjoying a lot of high end games whether they fit on your phone or not. Another option if you root though is Folder Mount:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.devasque.fmount

Which will allow you to move the game data itself to external which would save way more room than the app themselves. You do have to pay a few $s for the paid version if you have a lot of folders to move.

Other options include changing the mount points of the storages and have the external SD be the internal and vice versa or to create a partition on your SD card and link that to your /data with one of the CronMod scripts: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1716124

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I'm a newbie to android. How do I add apps to the homescreen?

Oh my. I understand being new, but what was the thought that crossed the mind that it seemed like a good idea to ask your unrelated question on this thread?

Anyway, on almost every home screen app, you have to go into the app drawer and long press on the icon you want and it should move you to the home screen while you are holding it and then just drop it where ever you want. If you want to move it from where you dropped it, just long press on it again and you will be able to continue to move it. Some home screen apps have the ability to add apps and widgets from either long pressing on an empty part of the home screen and hitting Add+ or from using the Menu key on the home screen if you have one. Those features can be more specific to the launcher you are using though.