[Q] Tried to go back to stock 4.3 from 4.4.2 update. Now no IMEI & SIM works

Search This thread

dirkdiggler66

Nov 9, 2011
I originally rooted 4.3 & was working great. When 4.4 update came out, I re loaded stock 4.3 & then OTA update. Long story short, want to go back to rooted 4.3 so I re loaded stock 4.3 & now S3 has no IMEI & SIM is not recognizable. Tried other ROM but get errors installing. I'm really hurting here so any help will be greatly appreciated. :eek: This is what my phone looks like - (1 pic is in Development Mode).

Attachments

• IMG00022-20140701-1121.jpg
    IMG00022-20140701-1121.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG00020-20140701-1119.jpg
    IMG00020-20140701-1119.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG00019-20140701-1119.jpg
    IMG00019-20140701-1119.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG00017-20140701-1048.jpg
    IMG00017-20140701-1048.jpg
    244.6 KB · Views: 69

dirkdiggler66

Nov 9, 2011
Looks like you need to reflash the ne4 modem, since the ota gave you ne4 bootloader and downgrading to 4.3 rom probably trashed the modem...

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=53627484

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using XDA Free mobile app

Quick question - The link here says a warning about not flashing ne4 on 4.3 firmware, just want to know if this is correct because I'm on 4.3 JB? Also, could I just load a modded 4.4.4 ( http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2728553 ) on before I flash the n4 or after I flash the n4?

Thanks

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Yes it is correct. Several bricks have already occurred due to ending up with the 4.4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware. Looks like the rom you are using is 4.3, but this may not also be your base firmware build. Install and open terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

It will tell you what firmware you have. If it is not NE4, do not flash that modem. Instead flash whatever modem matches the version the above command said you have. So if it said you have MJB firmware, flash the MJB modem.
If that doesn't help, the next thing to try is flashing the full 4.3 firmware package via Odin and factory reset. (Make sure you backup everything prior to this! Including your internal sd).

Note: if getprop ro.bootloader says you are on NE4 firmware, do not try to flash the 4.3 firmware over it. If already on NE4, then flash the modem linked previously.

Reactions: _LEM_

dirkdiggler66

Nov 9, 2011
Yes it is correct. Several bricks have already occurred due to ending up with the 4.4.2 modem on 4.3 firmware. Looks like the rom you are using is 4.3, but this may not also be your base firmware build. Install and open terminal emulator and enter this:

getprop ro.bootloader

It will tell you what firmware you have. If it is not NE4, do not flash that modem. Instead flash whatever modem matches the version the above command said you have. So if it said you have MJB firmware, flash the MJB modem.
If that doesn't help, the next thing to try is flashing the full 4.3 firmware package via Odin and factory reset. (Make sure you backup everything prior to this! Including your internal sd).

Note: if getprop ro.bootloader says you are on NE4 firmware, do not try to flash the 4.3 firmware over it. If already on NE4, then flash the modem linked previously.

Terminal showed I747UCUFNE4 so I went ahead & flashed the NE4 & it worked! My phone still looks like this (pic) Can I flash a custom 4.4 now that the modem is fixed?

DocHoliday77

May 10, 2011
HuntsVegas!!!
Glad I could help! In case that box with yellow text comes back up, this is what to do. (Its called Factory Mode btw)

Open Terminal Emulator and enter this:

su
echo -n ON > /EFS/FactoryApp/factorymode

Thats it! Glad you got everything sorted out!

_LEM_

Mar 17, 2006
luisespinosa.com

getprop ro.bootloader

You saved my phone! A whole week trying TONS of things and I just found your post by chance and that was the problem.
Thanks a million.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

getprop ro.bootloader