DPI

Search This thread

Spaniard85

Jul 16, 2010
Just wondering what everyone has tried to use for their DPI now that we have root. What are you set at and are you seeing any issues? I'm currently at 600, and the only thing I see is the weather animations don't fit right, which is to be expected.

dakoellis

Jan 6, 2009
I've tried changing it a few times and got boot looped. I'm just gonna wait for recovery before trying again.

orbitalcomp

Sep 11, 2006
San Antonio
I've got mine set at 530 dpi, which is the lowest the phone can handle before it starts acting up. No issues at all with any stock apps or the stock launcher, it's perfect for this screen size and resolution. Now, one thing I don't know for sure is how the stock LG keyboard likes 530 dpi, because I've been using Swiftkey since day one. The LG keyboard is horrible, IMHO.

I used texdroider to change the dpi setting, it was very simple to do. It's definitely the safest way to do this, and I've never had a problem using it on any phone I've had over the last few years.

After changing the dpi to what it should have been out of the box, I used G3 Tweaksbox to set my navigation bar height down to 36 pixels. Now I really have maximized the screen without sacrificing any usability.

If I couldn't root the G3 and make all these various tweaks and changes, I honestly wouldn't even want to use the phone in its stock format, I'd have to choose something else.

RandomPooka

Oct 14, 2010
Kent, OH
OnePlus 8
I'm no fan of stock, but the phone itself is good enough to make up for the crazy stock settings. Shouldn't be long before we have either an unlocked bootloader from LG or the private sector, or we have a recovery similar to Loki based stuff. Patience is a virtue

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

Also, I'm using the Xposed module "app settings" to manually select a DPI on a per app basis, so I can leave the stock apps at the standard 640 nightmare and not get any trouble from them. It also works wonderfully for testing DPI on those same stock apps without making a system wide change resulting in a force close loop on boot. If it doesn't work, you just set it back to default 640 and no harm done. I use action launcher, so I test on the default launcher or the phone.apk

freightTeamster

Sep 17, 2014
Harrisburg
dpi

I also used textdroid dpi with success. Before I changed it I cleared play store data as suggested by another great app I use "pimp my rom". I ended up going back to 640.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've got mine set at 530 dpi, which is the lowest the phone can handle before it starts acting up. No issues at all with any stock apps or the stock launcher, it's perfect for this screen size and resolution. Now, one thing I don't know for sure is how the stock LG keyboard likes 530 dpi, because I've been using Swiftkey since day one. The LG keyboard is horrible, IMHO.

I used texdroider to change the dpi setting, it was very simple to do. It's definitely the safest way to do this, and I've never had a problem using it on any phone I've had over the last few years.

After changing the dpi to what it should have been out of the box, I used G3 Tweaksbox to set my navigation bar height down to 36 pixels. Now I really have maximized the screen without sacrificing any usability.

If I couldn't root the G3 and make all these various tweaks and changes, I honestly wouldn't even want to use the phone in its stock format, I'd have to choose something else.
    I changed my DPI down to 560 and it seems pretty good, I guess I got lucky idk. I used texdroider to change it.