[ROM] Vibrant AOSPish FroYo 1.0 - JPM Based - *10/22/2010*

Search This thread

joshtheitguy

Nov 23, 2006
Cleveland
OK I didn't see this covered in the release notes or comments thereafter, what dialer/contacts are we looking at here in this ASOPish release? Samsung's abominations against Android and man or Google's implementations?

dnguyen1988

Jul 25, 2010
Dallas, TX
I am downloading and getting ready to flash now. Thanks so much Anderdroid i love all of your work! One question is JIT enabled on this rom?

Spidy2150

Feb 17, 2009
]OK I didn't see this covered in the release notes or comments thereafter, what dialer/contacts are we looking at here in this ASOPish release? Samsung's abominations against Android and man or Google's implementations?

It only makes you wonder how much more people would like the phones if carriers didn't implement their own software assuming it is an "improvement." Another great release, trying it out now

redwolf313k

Apr 10, 2010
If any one has questions about battery life is pretty awesome, I been using the phone for 2 hours nonstop and im only at 85%

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

ajrogers111

Jul 24, 2010
I know to back everything up regardless, but If I'm already running Eugene's updated version should this one still automatically wipe? I like eugene's just fine, but the battery life is the worst of all the roms I've tried so far...(more than I can count)

redwolf313k

Apr 10, 2010
I know to back everything up regardless, but If I'm already running Eugene's updated version should this one still automatically wipe? I like eugene's just fine, but the battery life is the worst of all the roms I've tried so far...(more than I can count)

It didn't wipe for me cuz I was able to run titanium

manekDC2_

Oct 19, 2010
Anderoid you're the man... im running your AOSP 1.2 update as my daily driver right now...

one thing i did have to install the JI2 GPS files to get the GPS to lock with the UV/OC/VODOO 1.1 kernal, but man! im excited for see your FROYO work... you have a nac for making great roms b/c you keep it simple and make everything flow

if you do add Sims 3 or Avatar please don't put them in system, make the able to be uninstalled... Keep your build simple and sleek no BS as always!

your roms so far are the best... everyone else should take a look at your design (they are putting too much junk and polish on theirs) - reminds me on winamp 1.x skins from 1998... lol

fiso010

Jul 5, 2010
is there any problem if I used a titanium back up to restore my apps ???????

apps back up from 2.1 stock kernel

Last edited:

daverod

Aug 6, 2009
Crap, I promised myself I was done flashing for awhile.

resist.....resist.....resist

Arrggh, I suck! Here we go again!

ajrogers111

Jul 24, 2010
It didn't wipe for me cuz I was able to run titanium

Thanks for the quick response, but what I was asking is, if it wipes data/apps at all... I'm guessing from your response that it does since you needed to use titanium... I have all of my stuff backed up with my backup pro, and have it copied to my pc, I was just hoping not to have to restore everything... Like Eugene's no wipe update...

ajrogers111

Jul 24, 2010
Anderoid you're the man... im running your AOSP 1.2 update as my daily driver right now...

one thing i did have to install the JI2 GPS files to get the GPS to lock with the UV/OC/VODOO 1.1 kernal, but man! im excited for see your FROYO work... you have a nac for making great roms b/c you keep it simple and make everything flow

if you do add Sims 3 or Avatar please don't put them in system, make the able to be uninstalled... Keep your build simple and sleek no BS as always!

your roms so far are the best... everyone else should take a look at your design (they are putting too much junk and polish on theirs) - reminds me on winamp 1.x skins from 1998... lol

So is everything working for you with voodoo? When I installed eugene's mapped 2.2 the first time I also flashed the voodoo beta kernel which ran really fast, but screwed up the key mapping... There was no working back button...it was another home, and search was search... The web really sucks without back...

borrusownage

Apr 1, 2010
yea so this rom works great but I noticed that double tap to zoom into text hardly works... its still way to small to read... anyone else having this problem

redwolf313k

Apr 10, 2010
Thanks for the quick response, but what I was asking is, if it wipes data/apps at all... I'm guessing from your response that it does since you needed to use titanium... I have all of my stuff backed up with my backup pro, and have it copied to my pc, I was just hoping not to have to restore everything... Like Eugene's no wipe update...

I doesn't wipe data cuz the titanium folder was still on the phone after I flashedbut it does wipe the apps

jonathanhuerta4

Aug 2, 2010
May i ask, does this incorporate all of eugene's fixes or must i have to install his fixes (the ones currently on his thread)

daleandla

May 6, 2008
May i ask, does this incorporate all of eugene's fixes or must i have to install his fixes (the ones currently on his thread)

Yes, I would like to know that as well. I installed his 1st one along with this:
Froyo JPM Key Mapped Update > JPM_Update.zip
*Change Log* This is a No Wipe Update!! You must have installed Froyo JPM Key Mapped Rom below \/ *
~ Auto-Rotation Fixed!!! ( My First Kernel Release ) Thanks to Barak & xcaliburinhand
~ Data Drop Fixed
~ MobileAP Fixed
~ Added MyFiles
~ Swype & Lib
~ MISc Fixes in App's
~ Gps still not working!
~ HTC_IME_MOD
~ Voice Mail Dual Notifications Bug!

Does this ROM come with all these fixes? Many thanks!

manekDC2_

Oct 19, 2010
So is everything working for you with voodoo? When I installed eugene's mapped 2.2 the first time I also flashed the voodoo beta kernel which ran really fast, but screwed up the key mapping... There was no working back button...it was another home, and search was search... The web really sucks without back...

dude are you serious? my post wasnt related at all to 2.2 i was talking about how great of a dev Anderoird is and how im running his 1.2 AOSP UV/OC/VODOO rom which is written off Eclair 2.1 JI6... ?

i dunno i didnt flash this rom yett... waiting for gps fix and some other goodies Anderoid has brewing... for now ASOP 1.2 OC/UV/VODOO rips - i may upgrade to 1.3 though, not sure if its worth it though...

geoffcorey

Apr 24, 2010
This Rom will wipe your /data meaning you'll have to reinstall apps.

Eugene had the 1st jpm group mod (which this is based off of) with a kernel that had messed up auto rotate. The no wipe update he posted requires the first jpm mod then flashes a fixed kernel with a few other apps.

This Rom will require you to reinstall your apps.

The voodoo5 pre6 is for I9000 right now only and if you flash it, you'll run into audio and button mapping issues.

Also, gps won't work until we get a vibrant froyo leak/release.

Also, just be warned that there is the possibility of this wiping your internal SD card.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

cwalker29

May 5, 2009
Chicago
yea so this rom works great but I noticed that double tap to zoom into text hardly works... its still way to small to read... anyone else having this problem

yeah i notice that too!! which kind of suck!!! but other then that its a pretty good rom. had to install launcher pro because of the no option that the pre install one has..