[Q] kindle fire hd 7 red screen and stuck in fastboot

Search This thread

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
I have my nephews kindle fire hd 7 was using kffaide on it flashed it now when it boots up I get a red screen wipe across then it goes straight to fastboot and stays there is this a brick how can I fix this tried a few methods yes I have fastboot cable running windows 7 anyone how can I fix this to get kindle going again also I forgot to mention I have tried srt tool as well but still get red wipe then stuck in fboot mode nothing seems to work ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Last edited:

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
You tried reflashing the bootloader? If you haven't then try that, but please remember to verify the bootloaders md5sum before flashing it or your kindle could end up worse off(it wouldn't power on).

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire HD using Tapatalk

Reactions: turtel2k1

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
You tried reflashing the bootloader? If you haven't then try that, but please remember to verify the bootloaders md5sum before flashing it or your kindle could end up worse off(it wouldn't power on).

thanks for answering im not a noob but can you explain more on what your saying as I don't want to be worse of than I am now thanks

kindle product soho-pvt-prod-07

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
I'm going to throw my kindle.... I just typed a very lengthy description and then a stupid tapatalk notification came up right next to the post button as I was hitting it and cleared my entire post... Anyways i thought at first that was a signature but if this kindle is indeed a 2013 model then your first problem was attempting to isntall 2nd bootloader and a custom rom, becuase thats not possible on the 2013 model, also would explain why srt and kffa wouldnt work, their images are incompatible, so before i post any further instructions, please tell me whether i am correct because if its a 2013 model i think i can help you fix it thanks to someone posting the images recently but you are going to have to manually fix this, not too difficult.

Last edited:

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
my nephew got it for Christmas put a pin in it and locked him self out of it gave to me sort for him now I realise I have gone abut getting into it all wrong and now have this problem if you can help me that would be awesome I don't know how I can find out if it is a 2013 model????all I know is it was brought for xmas I will do some looking on the net honestly thanks for your time

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
I'm going to throw my kindle.... I just typed a very lengthy description and then a stupid tapatalk notification came up right next to the post button as I was hitting it and cleared my entire post... Anyways i thought at first that was a signature but if this kindle is indeed a 2013 model then your first problem was attempting to isntall 2nd bootloader and a custom rom, becuase thats not possible on the 2013 model, also would explain why srt and kffa wouldnt work, their images are incompatible, so before i post any further instructions, please tell me whether i am correct because if its a 2013 model i think i can help you fix it thanks to someone posting the images recently but you are going to have to manually fix this, not too difficult.

my nephew got it for Christmas put a pin in it and locked him self out of it gave to me sort for him now I realise I have gone abut getting into it all wrong and now have this problem if you can help me that would be awesome I don't know how I can find out if it is a 2013 model????all I know is it was brought for xmas I will do some looking on the net honestly thanks for your time

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013

im being told in another thread in xda it is indeed a 2013 model they our also saying to me about finding the images http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2096888&page=325

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Someone just posted the images today if I remember correctly, think he was going to verify their md5sum or something first so I might wait. This is the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650596

I would wait till they confirm they are all good before using them but I doubt it would make the device any worse since it isn't flashing the bootloader or anything, just the boot and system partitions mainly. I might modify the SRT script to use the new images and post my own SRT to help out. I'm in the midsts of debugging a ROM I'm working in so I'll only do it if I have some time free( like when I have questions to ask and there's no devs available to question). Might even tweak his script a bit, not sure how it works but I may add a md5sum checker to double check that the images didn't corrupt if it doesn't have one in it, I know nothing is more annoying than flashing your device back and getting a error from fastboot about size mismatch or something.

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
Someone just posted the images today if I remember correctly, think he was going to verify their md5sum or something first so I might wait. This is the thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2650596

I would wait till they confirm they are all good before using them but I doubt it would make the device any worse since it isn't flashing the bootloader or anything, just the boot and system partitions mainly. I might modify the SRT script to use the new images and post my own SRT to help out. I'm in the midsts of debugging a ROM I'm working in so I'll only do it if I have some time free( like when I have questions to ask and there's no devs available to question). Might even tweak his script a bit, not sure how it works but I may add a md5sum checker to double check that the images didn't corrupt if it doesn't have one in it, I know nothing is more annoying than flashing your device back and getting a error from fastboot about size mismatch or something.

thanks for getting back to me and thanks for the time you have spent trying to help me I will look into this honestly thanks for the help m8 with this problem I have hopefully when I have a proper look a bit later on I may be able to get this brand new kindle up and running hope you don't mind if I get lost or stuck at any point I can send ya a message and you may be able to help if I get stuck as your knowledge seems far more than I know once again thankyou

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
i have the images how would I now apply them to the kindle I take it it will be with fast boot but how to apply them to get this kindle running again

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Something like putting it in fastboot and open a command prompt, now here's to hoping you have basic command line experience. I would recommend putting the images you downloaded into for instance the same folded as the fastboot command in SRT, or if you have another fastboot command that is fine as well. Idk if SRT defaultly put its images in the same folder as fastboot, but if it did feel free to deleted them to avoid confusion. Anyways for the commands, CD into the directory containing the fastboot commands that you placed your images in. Now I believe this is what you want to run:
Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 flash boot stock-boot.IMG
Fastboot -i 0x1949 flash system stock-system.IMG
Fastboot -i 0x1949 flash recovery stock-recovery.IMG
Note that I am not positive on the file names but if it was incorrect just change the name in the command of the IMG file as it needs be. Wouldn't recommend flashing the bootloader unless you have to, bad bootloader flashes result in hard bricks so I avoid flashing it unless absolutely necessary, and also note boot is not bootloader, boot is the kernel+intramfs. Also don't flash the boot0block image at all. That contains that persons serial number, Mac address and other info, idk why he put it in there, its kinda personal.

Last edited:

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
thanks

Something like putting it in fastboot and open a command prompt, now here's to hoping you have basic command line experience. I would recommend putting the images you downloaded into for instance the same folded as the fastboot command in SRT, or if you have another fastboot command that is fine as well. Idme if SRT defaultly put its images in the same folder as fastboot, but if it did feel free to deleted them to avoid confusion. Anyways for the commands, CD into the directory containing the fastboot commands that you placed your images in. Now I believe this is what you want to run:
Code:
Note that I am not positive on the file names but if it was incorrect just change the name in the command of the IMG file as it needs be. Wouldn't recommend flashing the bootloader unless you have to, bad bootloader flashes a hard bricks so I avoid flashing it unless absolutely necessary, and also note boot is not bootloader, boot is the kernel+intramfs. Also don't flash the boot0block image at all. That contains that persons serial number, Mac address and other info, idk why he put it in there, its kinda personal.

thanks for the info m8 and yeah I got a bit of knowledge with command prompt,thanks for the advice ill see what happens thanks again

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
you online now???question.

Something like putting it in fastboot and open a command prompt, now here's to hoping you have basic command line experience. I would recommend putting the images you downloaded into for instance the same folded as the fastboot command in SRT, or if you have another fastboot command that is fine as well. Idk if SRT defaultly put its images in the same folder as fastboot, but if it did feel free to deleted them to avoid confusion. Anyways for the commands, CD into the directory containing the fastboot commands that you placed your images in. Now I believe this is what you want to run:
Code:
Note that I am not positive on the file names but if it was incorrect just change the name in the command of the IMG file as it needs be. Wouldn't recommend flashing the bootloader unless you have to, bad bootloader flashes result in hard bricks so I avoid flashing it unless absolutely necessary, and also note boot is not bootloader, boot is the kernel+intramfs. Also don't flash the boot0block image at all. That contains that persons serial number, Mac address and other info, idk why he put it in there, its kinda personal.

im running cmd with fastboot now to flash the images my question is if you can help flashed stockboot image okay next stocksystem that has come back as failed fastboot is now flashing stock recovery but it just seems to be sitting there any ideas on how long the process should take not sure if something is up and not sure this gonna work if stock recovery failed any ideas worried about unplugging or turning it off.

stunts513

Feb 8, 2013
New Braunfels, TX
Weird, recovery is rather small compared to the system image, I wonder why it was hanging. I normally don't advise on pulling during a fastboot flash, but what else can you do if its hanging... I would just attempt again. If all the images are in a zip check the CRC listed, and I don't know exactly how to do that offhand, think it depends on the program you use, think some list it in a column, I use Linux a lot and I haven't ever checked crc's, I usually go by md5sums. Sorry I can't be of much help other then say try again, this is kinda the only images we have as if yet and the kfhd2 is kinda new territory sorta so we have to see if we can get it working like we did on the previous one, really shouldn't be any learning to it since it is just a modified version of the kfhd7".

turtel2k1

Jan 7, 2013
Weird, recovery is rather small compared to the system image, I wonder why it was hanging. I normally don't advise on pulling during a fastboot flash, but what else can you do if its hanging... I would just attempt again. If all the images are in a zip check the CRC listed, and I don't know exactly how to do that offhand, think it depends on the program you use, think some list it in a column, I use Linux a lot and I haven't ever checked crc's, I usually go by md5sums. Sorry I can't be of much help other then say try again, this is kinda the only images we have as if yet and the kfhd2 is kinda new territory sorta so we have to see if we can get it working like we did on the previous one, really shouldn't be any learning to it since it is just a modified version of the kfhd7".

thanks for the advice ill see what happens ill keep going with it gotta suss in the end rooted a few tabs in the past got there with them in the end tanks for all you help so far

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code: