HTC Developer Edition order status

Search This thread

darkodin14

Feb 21, 2008
New York City, NY
Post your order status from HTC here.

I got lucky with my order when they put it up by mistake.
Order date 03/25/14

At first it said Ships the 25th, delivers the 26th.

Today this updated to Ships the 27th, Delivers the 28th

Hoping it would ship out early!

Current Status: Picking

kirdroid

Feb 21, 2011
Seattle
Post your order status from HTC here.

I got lucky with my order when they put it up by mistake.
Order date 03/25/14

At first it said Ships the 25th, delivers the 26th.

Today this updated to Ships the 27th, Delivers the 28th

Hoping it would ship out early!

Current Status: Picking

That's how it was last year, everyday it changes. Tomorrow it will say ships 28th, delivers 29th. So don't get your hopes too high :)

surge27

Apr 8, 2012
Moto Z3 Play
OnePlus 11
Same here but when I talked to customer service....available to ship 4/3

BUT a buddy of kine called and the rep he talked to said shipments will start delivering today...fingers crossed

wangtang2k

Nov 18, 2008
Ronkonkoma
I ordered it yesterday, Status: picking. Ships today, delivery for tomorrow.

Tracking status will tell you that it will ship tomorrow and arrive the next business day and so on until April 3rd rolls out. I just got off the phone with a rep and he told me (and other xda users apparently) that the phone will ship no earlier than the 3rd of April. I placed my order for the M8 Dev on the second call block since the first one was apparently sold out right after the M8's official announcement and the website temporarily disabled purchases of the phone. So who knows? lol Some people maybe get the phone earlier. As for me? I'm doing some homework on what case and glass screen to buy. The Dot View case looks neat but I wish it had a clear back cover. Anyways, good luck with the orders, guys :D

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
I see that Amazon have dev editions so I guess they will ship on the 3rd also

Sent from my HTC Butterfly S using Tapatalk

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
I've tried to order from HTC (under 2 emails so far but haven't tried different cards), and immediately after I've placed the order it has said "Cancellation Requested". I have no idea what's going on, and really don't want to call them :
Has anyone else experienced this?

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
I've tried to order from HTC (under 2 emails so far but haven't tried different cards), and immediately after I've placed the order it has said "Cancellation Requested". I have no idea what's going on, and really don't want to call them :
Has anyone else experienced this?

They hv done it to me that's why I ordered from Amazon

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
HTC needs to get their s*** together. They don't even have the specs right on their own product page! Also, LetsTalk is trash and they oughtta come up with their own system. You know it's bad if you can't even give them your money -_-

Are u using a US card and a US address and USA shipping address and US ip address

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR
Are u using a US card and a US address and USA shipping address and US ip address

Yep. I'm on hold with them (LetsTalk) right now. Apparently it was because they'd had an order at the same address with a different card (my M7 order last year), and it was marking as fraudulent in their system. I just had to go through a series of security questions from my bank, and I'm in the process of getting it resolved. You may be in the same seat with the order from a different card, and it was on my 3rd representative that they actually noticed this and helped me. It may be trouble, but hopefully it all works out.

EDIT: Just got it all sorted out. Apparently, every order through LetsTalk that is for a phone has to be called in and verified. Glad it's finally over!

Last edited:

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
Yep. I'm on hold with them (LetsTalk) right now. Apparently it was because they'd had an order at the same address with a different card (my M7 order last year), and it was marking as fraudulent in their system. I just had to go through a series of security questions from my bank, and I'm in the process of getting it resolved. You may be in the same seat with the order from a different card, and it was on my 3rd representative that they actually noticed this and helped me. It may be trouble, but hopefully it all works out.

I have a visa issued in the Bahamas I can't order but I hv a US address and a billing

darkodin14

Feb 21, 2008
New York City, NY
I had the same experience. After I ordered the dev edition at 1pm before it was taken down, My order was cancelled. I had to call back in to verify my order. They did a security check by asking me security questions, much like those from a credit report. And after that it was verified and confirmed. I guess they are just covering their bases but still I wish that they would of called me instead of canceling the order initially and me having to call back.

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
I had the same experience. After I ordered the dev edition at 1pm before it was taken down, My order was cancelled. I had to call back in to verify my order. They did a security check by asking me security questions, much like those from a credit report. And after that it was verified and confirmed. I guess they are just covering their bases but still I wish that they would of called me instead of canceling the order initially and me having to call back.

Wa questions exactly do they ask

darkodin14

Feb 21, 2008
New York City, NY
Wa questions exactly do they ask

For me basic questions to verify identity.. In what county do you live, what address have you been associated with in the past 5 years, Questions like if you apply for credit they would ask based on the info they can get from your credit report but in this case your bank provides them.

daorderdillon

Jul 27, 2012
nassau
For me basic questions to verify identity.. In what county do you live, what address have you been associated with in the past 5 years, Questions like if you apply for credit they would ask based on the info they can get from your credit report but in this case your bank provides them.

Told me they don't accept international credit cards

SolarTrans

Feb 7, 2014
Portland, OR

Yep. Same things for me. The (actually quite helpful) rep told me that this was standard procedure with all phone purchases from HTC for security and fraud prevention (especially during periods with promotions like the free shipping one now).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Charlie.
    After calling them and getting your order back online for shipping.
    Could you also ask these guys that," people who will be placing the order today will be able to get the unlock or dev phone by next week, Do they have that much stock to deliver it on time. "
    I am not in US and can't do that .It will be very helpful. :)

Orders placed today are a 1-2 weeks. Who ever ordered yesterday when they first came back in stock will be shipped this week.

Waiting for their "order verification team" (4 callers ahead of me now), then I should be able to get dates on the unlocked version. If it's really 1-2 weeks, I may as well hold out for the developer edition order I have with Amazon *shrugs*

Gunmetal Unlocked versions are shipping today. I asked if I switch my order would one ship for me I was told that would put me at the bottom of the list. Was told my Gold dev will ship tomorrow.

To be fair, the recording says "the expected wait time is greater than 15 seconds". I do like the number of callers message, though. I only wish it would update while you were on hold.

I know just me being impatient lol.

Mine is all set. Unlocked gunmetal gray, should receive it tomorrow or Friday. She confirmed its in stock.

Yes sir that is what I was told as well.

Anyone call in and verify when the developer gunmetal gray's are shipping? Monday I was told it would ship tomorrow but I'm wondering if that date may have changed...

Developer editions start shipping tomorrow. Shipping labels should be up today and tracking #s will be given today/tonight....

:good::highfive::highfive::highfive:
    I ordered mine from HTC on the 2nd of April for 649.00, Gold Developers Edition, and it arrived on the 3rd of April. Sweet. :)

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 07:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

+1 Totally agree. Classic look and unique colour.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Hi,

Here is the unboxing video of M8 Developer Edition (Gold)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=16DnKwXuVdM

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    1.12/.15 is dev/carrier models
    1.54 is uk model.

That isn't quite right. The second segment of the software version indicates a development iteration. All the M8s shipped at launch came with software version 1.12.xxx.x

It's the third segment that indicates the model. 1.xx.1540.x is the developer edition, 1.xx.631.x is Rogers, 1.xx.401.x is World Wide English edition, etc

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Premium HD app
    Just got off the phone with Let's Talk. The price starting midnight will be $699
    My Gun Metal Dev. Edition order says :

Picking & Packing
    We are currently picking your product(s).

Estimated Shipping Date: Thursday, April 03, 2014
    Estimated Delivery Date: Friday, April 04, 2014

Thanks,
    Mahesh
    Wow..Now UPS says :

Scheduled Delivery:
    Friday, 04/04/2014, by 3:00 P.M.(by end of day for residential deliveries)