[Q] Play store region issue.

Search This thread

JoeM5952

Jun 12, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Device: Note 8.0

I have a friend of mine that was asking me for some help. He is in the US Air Force and stationed in Okinawa and can't get the playstore to recognize his US address which is an APO address. We tried psiphon and clearing all the play store data but it still defaults to the Japan play store.

He just got the device and it isn't rooted, do we have to root to be able to make this work or did they just make it much harder to change regions? I think this is a justifiable reason to change region.

If it does have to be rooted anyone have a recommendation of a ROM that is easy to do for someone with little experience and can be done through a Mac as that is all he has over there.

gooberdude

Oct 27, 2010
Device: Note 8.0

I have a friend of mine that was asking me for some help. He is in the US Air Force and stationed in Okinawa and can't get the playstore to recognize his US address which is an APO address. We tried psiphon and clearing all the play store data but it still defaults to the Japan play store.

He just got the device and it isn't rooted, do we have to root to be able to make this work or did they just make it much harder to change regions? I think this is a justifiable reason to change region.

If it does have to be rooted anyone have a recommendation of a ROM that is easy to do for someone with little experience and can be done through a Mac as that is all he has over there.

Not sure but you can try Tunnel Bear... though my tablet is rooted.