[CLOSED]doubleshot kernel project OC/UV ( 03-17-2012 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
Would it be possible to get a TUN.ko module compatible with either of these kernels?

TYVM!

It is required for OpenVPN to work.
http://vpnblog.info/android-openvpn-strongvpn.html
"You need properly configured TUN driver, OpenVPN will connect to the VPN but you will not be able to actually use. Driver file tun.ko will vary depending on your phone and kernel. The correct tun.ko can only be provided by the person/group who provided you your Android kernel"

Things are going to get a bit chaotic real quick if we make a bunch of kernels with different features - it's a lot more to track and troubleshoot.

I'd like to get the CPU table set and stable, tested and working well before adding other things.

I think before I switch gears and start working on undervolt I could go ahead and enact these changes before moving on, as well as some others that have been mentioned and even more that i've wanted to change.

Given that i'll be making new versions but keeping the old versions available so people can switch back and forth to test things out it'll become too convoluted of a project for me to tackle the way i'm approaching it at this phase. Once CPU tables are set we can explore other options is the way I see it.

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
everytime i flash a kernel everything works ecept for wifi. im s-on unlocked using bulletproof

You have to install the modules too, so flash the flashable zip in addition to fastboot flashing the kernel and you will have wifi again.

S-OFF can just flash the flashable zip in recovery.

S-ON UNLOCKED needs to flash the flashable zip in recovery AND fastboot flash the kernel image.

That'll fix your wifi issues.

If you need the kernel modules for a stock kernel, go here:

Stock WiFi Modules

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
Ok thank you very much blue! I really really appreciate the effort you put into your very detailed responses. I can't thank you enough for those I've learned so much through your posts alone.

I flashed the UV6 kernel today morning when at 100% at around 6:15 am. It is now 1:09 am and I just put it to charge at 5%. The battery life is amazing! Not to mention I have it running oced at 1.5ghz till 50% where it drops to 1.35ghz and so on respectively using setcpu.

Up until now no random reboots. And previously with your 1.7ghz kernel I got 2 random reboots in about a weeks use. One was while charging, and the other was while in my pocket.
I really like the progress I'm seeing with the development on this device thanks to you blue, tbalden, wildchild, and the virtuous team now that tbaldens a part of them :D.

I was coming from tbaldens sense ics port and previously the desensed pyroice but, I couldn't stand the screen blackouts and battery pulls to fix the blackouts. They were happening way to frequently (at least once a day). For now, ill stick with blues ultra stable gb rom and will switch to ics (I love ics) when there's a more stable port or a cm9 build with everything working as is (wifi , gps, hotspot, mms, etc).

Sent from my Bulletproof_Doubleshot using Tapatalk

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
You have to install the modules too, so flash the flashable zip in addition to fastboot flashing the kernel and you will have wifi again.

S-OFF can just flash the flashable zip in recovery.

S-ON UNLOCKED needs to flash the flashable zip in recovery AND fastboot flash the kernel image.

That'll fix your wifi issues.

If you need the kernel modules for a stock kernel, go here:

Stock WiFi Modules

Thanks I'll give it a try now

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
When I first tried this ROM out I was very pleased with it's stability and how well EVERYthing works in it but I did move on to others to try. The battery life was better than stock but still was lacking. BUT NOW!!?? Holy Smokes Blue!! I did a fresh install of BulletProof and then flashed your "UV5" kernel to this bad-boy and after settling in for 3 days I am right now looking @ 82% battery life still left after almost 11 hours of medium use!! (Market...1 hour of phone calls....wifi calling on.....and tethering my GTab to it for about 45 mins.)

GEEEEZE! What a HUGE difference. I'm going to give "UV6" a try over the weekend and see if it remains as stable.

KUDOS BLUE!! NICE WORK!

Blue6IX

May 20, 2011
compatibility with 1.55.531.3 + is up to HTC right now - they are using kernel source ending in .13 and we only have ending in .10 available - so for the moment we can only promise compatibility with 1.28.531.9 or .10 software versions.

If HTC releases the .13 kernel source you can expect immediate forward compatibility.

Right now for me, i'm not interested in fighting out an upgrade version. I'm trying to learn Android, so I picked a playground where all the parts work before I mess with it - that's the 1.28.531.9 or .10 software version (bulletproof) with the 2.6.35.10 kernel source.

At the moment CPU tables are my only kernel dev interest (yes, there is a lot more, but one thing at a time).

I'm beating my head against the wall with tons of work and little to no progress on the S-OFF issue, i'm not gonna stall this project out with more of the same.

----

I have been running the old version of the 1.7 kernel with the CPU tables at the same number that were there to start, as I mentioned above, for the last 28 hours with no random reboots, so going out on a limb i'll say the extended CPU table was probably the issue.

I have to go do a systems upgrade/installation so i'll be out for most of the night, but when I get back i'll see about compiling those kernels with the scaled back number of entries.

I got lost in a hex editor yesterday into this morning, so that ate up my time there - lol

----

Just so everyone is on the same page, yogi2010 is the one who made those UV kernels in this thread, so you can thank him for all of your battery savings!

Once I get the CPU tables sorted out properly i'll start helping on the UV side, but meantime that's all him :D

Catch you guys later tonight.

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
My apologies to yogi2010 then for not catching that. Yogi2010....your optimizations to the kernel for battery savings seem to be phenominal. GREAT WORK!

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
My apologies to yogi2010 then for not catching that. Yogi2010....your optimizations to the kernel for battery savings seem to be phenominal. GREAT WORK!

no problem at all, i'm glad you're getting good use out of it. it's hard to take credit when i didn't do that much, simply edited the voltage table in one file. and i have Blue to thank for that, for showing me where to edit! he also filled me in with what i was missing as far as setting up the toolchain and building the source :) and i also think HTC did a good job on the kernel to begin with.

i have been meaning to upload the kernel i was running for a week or so, before i updated to 1.63.531.2.... perhaps tomorrow i can do that. i ended up looking at m-deejay's github(i believe he is a Virtuous Team member), and finding one or two other places to edit voltages. i also lowered the max frequency to 1242. one reason i held off on uploading was that we didn't know what effect those voltage edits would have... but i had no issues at all with it.

anyway, i'm glad people are getting good results. i honestly didn't know whether my edits were having any impact, although i was noticing good battery life. but i also find the battery life really decent on the stock kernel, especially on 1.63.531.2. i would love to be running a custom kernel on the latest stock ROM, and i've thought about it, but just haven't figured it out. i had a basically stock kernel boot pretty much all the way up, only to freeze up just as the lockscreen appeared. as Blue said, it would be ideal to have source for the newest kernel, and i have been thinking about emailing HTC to see what we should expect in that department.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue6IX

WeekendsR2Short

Nov 18, 2011
Cleveland, Tn
GREAT results from the kernel, as a matter of fact. I was running your UV6 kernel for about 5 days and was even squeezing a little more juice out of it. Unfortunately, about 4 days in I started getting reboots but ONLY during a phone call. Everything else seemed stable as a rock. I don't know if this makes any sense but since the UV6 kernel UV's across the board @ 100mV, do you think it would make it stable for people like me with this issue to reset the phone voltage back to
-50mV?

yogi2010

Dec 22, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
GREAT results from the kernel, as a matter of fact. I was running your UV6 kernel for about 5 days and was even squeezing a little more juice out of it. Unfortunately, about 4 days in I started getting reboots but ONLY during a phone call. Everything else seemed stable as a rock. I don't know if this makes any sense but since the UV6 kernel UV's across the board @ 100mV, do you think it would make it stable for people like me with this issue to reset the phone voltage back to
-50mV?

damn, those are the first reboots i've heard about with the UV kernels! sorry to hear that. out of curiosity, what are your cpu settings? i didn't change the frequencies really, except to enable the 1512 frequency. but the table does jump from 1188 to 1512, so i'm not sure if that wold cause problems. if you are running at 1512 max, perhaps you could try running at 1188 max, and see if that stablizes it? you may also wanna try making sure your minimum freq. is set to 384 rather than 192, since some phones don't like to dip too low either.

otherwise perhaps your phone doesn't like the UV6 kernel, during phone calls anyway. there is no specific voltage for the phone function- voltages are set for each frequency, so it depends what frequency the device tends to run at while on a call.... which i don't really know offhand.

for now i would say try running your cpu no higher than 1188 and no lower than 384(if you aren't already), and see if the reboots during calls persist. if they do persist, perhaps try the UV5 kernel? and if they don;t stop and if more people have reboots, then i might need to revise the kernel. i hope it will work out for you... please keep us posted!

Reactions: WeekendsR2Short

nemesis93

Mar 15, 2009
In contrast to weekendsr2short, the UV6 kernel has been working flawlessly for me! I've been running it for a bit over a week and its been perfect no reboots at all. Battery life is great with about 14 hrs getting me to 0%. I do have the phone running at 1512/384 ondemand till it hits 50% where it drops to 1188/384 ondemand. I also have the screen off set to 384/192 powersave with no problems at all.

Thanks for the wonderful kernel yogi!!

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I must have done something wrong, im using the uv6 kernel and battery life ISN'T all that good at all, i get about 6 hours or less before i need to recharge. Im using bulletproof 1.1 and a 1800mah battery. I have setcpu scale down when the screen is off for 192mhz to 864 conservative, when the screen is on its set to 192mhz to 972 interactive i think.

nlarge

Apr 20, 2007
So I installed uv6 and have no WiFi now....

Bullet proofed with clockwork recovery and SU

ac3theone

Jan 26, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I must have done something wrong, im using the uv6 kernel and battery life ISN'T all that good at all, i get about 6 hours or less before i need to recharge. Im using bulletproof 1.1 and a 1800mah battery. I have setcpu scale down when the screen is off for 192mhz to 864 conservative, when the screen is on its set to 192mhz to 972 interactive i think.

I disabled profiles in setcpu and noticed a big improvement in battery life. I'm confused though I thought setcpu would have helped battery life even more with the new kernel. Now I'm thinking if I should just uninstall setcpu all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    doubleshot Undervolt kernels

Gingerbread kernels:
    UV5 HTC 2.6.35.10 (Gingerbread) kernel
    • - 1.5GHz maximum CPU clock speed.
    • - Undervolting? Yes
    • - Insecure boot, see below:
    boot.img - Insecure (default.prop):
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    persist.service.adb.enable=1
    kernel Info:
    • - Hefty undervolting, especially at the lower frequencies.
    Compatible ROMs:
    • - Stock 1.28.531.9 or 1.28.531.10
    • - Bulletproof 1.1
    • - ?
    In-compatible ROMs:
    • - 1.55.531.3 software base
    • - ICS Roms
    • - ?
    File Details:

• MD5: a0b252d36bf39f788cdcb54e29717971
      Size: 3.57 MB

UV6 HTC 2.6.35.10 (Gingerbread) kernel
    • - Undervolting? Yes
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    kernel Info:
    • - Even more undervolting, lowered voltages from UV5 on some of the mid-range frequencies.
    Compatible ROMs:
    • - Bulletproof 1.1
    • - ?
    In-compatible ROMs:
    • - ICS Roms
    • - ?
    File Details:

• MD5: fd8055865b09a645d3c3030ecce4ef40

More Info:

• I made these UV kernels because i wanted to play with undervolting and see if i could extend the battery life on the device..... it seems to have worked out well for me so far, i have been using the stock battery since last night, and today am still at at least 85% battery left. I hope you too will experience improved battery life! I am surprised at how much I have been able to lower the voltages and still maintain stability..... i haven't had a single freeze-up or glitch yet! But if you do encounter anything like this, try the UV5 kernel above, which has slightly higher voltages than the UV6. And also I would keep a copy of the kernel with stock voltages handy :)

I have also been using SetCpu to set my min. frequency down to 192(default is 384 i believe), and i haven't had any lockups or problems with that either. So between that and the UV, my phone seems to be using little power while in sleep mode.

I will probably experiment with even more undervolting soon, and will notify of updates here in the thread. i can also post or provide the exact voltages for these kernels for anyone interested. enjoy!
    Team doubleshot kernel project.​

Unfortunately the developer is unable to post source for these kernels at this time. Because of this, I am closing this thread and removing the download links. If you have any questions about GPL compliance, feel free to read this post.

Updates listed here:
    -Added new version of 1.5 kernel in post 3.
    -Added 1.7 kernel in post 3.
    -Added CPU frequency table list in post 5.

Table of Contents:

Note:

A kernel takes at least a solid 24 hours to finish building caches and get itself fully installed and humming.

Even that depends upon usage to a degree, so make sure that you give your kernel ample time to settle in before you start to evaluate it's performance.

Stock kernels

Gingerbread
    Stock HTC 2.6.35.10 (Gingerbread) kernel
    • - 1.2GHz maximum CPU clock speed.
    • - Undervolting? No
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    kernel Info:
    • - Unmodified HTC 2.6.35.10 kernel source, compiled from the HTC Dev kernel source download.
    • - 1.2GHz maximum CPU clock speed.
    Compatible ROMs:
    • - Bulletproof 1.1
    • - ?
    In-compatible ROMs:
    • - ICS Roms
    • - ?
    File Details:

• MD5: b8aafcbc2447bae9839af4707bfcb38b
    Stock HTC 2.6.35.10 (Gingerbread) kernel Version 2
    • - Same as above stock kernel, except:
    • - Insecure boot with mock locations, see below:
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=1
    ro.debuggable=1
    File Details:

• MD5: a6c227bf60ff4a100760fef0ef9bc68d

Custom kernel management:
    Installing custom kernels:

• [1] - Download the kernel zip file to your sdcard.
      [2] - Flash through clockworkmod recovery just like a ROM.
    • - If you do not know how to do this, you should learn how to flash ROMs before moving on to kernels.
    SetCPU
    • - SetCPU is an app that lets you regulate the clock speed of your device. ( and more! )
    • - Check out the app in the XDA News page, and then check out the Dev thread.
    • - Consider donating and buying the market app to support the developer if you really use the app.

Custom kernel information:

WARNING:
    Flashing a kernel meant for 1.28.539.9 or 1.28.539.10 software on 1.55.531.3 software will most likely result in boot loops. The boot.img files are structured differently.

Make sure you are flashing the right kernel for your software version or ROM.​

Undervolt kernels

Post 02 - Undervolt kernels

The post on undervolt kernels will contain kernels focused on the battery savings that undervolt can bring. Some undervolt kernels may be overclocked.

Undervolt kernels will send less power to your CPU and save you battery power.

In extreme cases this can cause brownouts or maybe not being able to recover from sleep mode - but no actual damage to the device can result from undervolting.

Significant battery savings can be gained through undervolting depending on usage and implementation.​

WARNING:
    Installing an Overclock kernel on your device could have negative physical consequences (Read: broken hardware) if misused/abused.

Please educate yourself on what overclocking does and how you can melt your processor.

You proceed at your own risk and any damage that may result is the sole responsibility of the end user.​

Overclock kernels

Post 03 - Overclock kernels

The post on overclock kernels will be focused on pushing the limits of the clock speed for the device. Some overclock kernels may be undervolted.

Qualcomm, the manufacturer of the Snapdragon chip in the device rates them at 1.5GHz. Here is a Snapdragon Product Overview that may help you track down more information about the Series 3 Snapdragon processor in the doubleshot.

In extreme cases overclocking can melt your processor. Direct physical damage can result from increasing the CPU or GPU clock speeds above manufacturers recommended speeds.

Anyone intending to use an overclock kernel should first familiarize themselves with the device hardware and implement such things at their own risk.​

Further information:
    XDA Links:
    Off-Site Links:
    Overclock kernels

doubleshot Overclock kernels

WARNING:
    Installing an Overclock kernel on your device could have negative physical consequences (Read: broken hardware) if misused/abused.

Please educate yourself on what overclocking does and how you can melt your processor.

You proceed at your own risk and any damage that may result is the sole responsibility of the end user.​

Gingerbread kernels:
    OC 1.5-A HTC 2.6.35.10 (Gingerbread) kernel
    • - Undervolting? Slight
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    kernel Info:
    • - Modified CPU table to accomodate Qualcomm 1.5GHz S3 Snapdragon chip speed.
    • - HTC cuts it off at 1.2GHz on the stock kernel.
    • - Re-scaled CPU table and L2 cache.
    • - Max voltage 1.2 volts even at 1.5GHz (HTC was 1.25 volts @ 1.5GHz)

Voltage tables to be posted later - no voltages exceed what the stock kernel came pre-coded with, and we have undervolted the 1.5GHz frequency to 1.2 volts instead of the 1.25 volts HTC put it in for. Runs fine at 1.2 volts, has been for months for me.

(we used that 1.25volts at 1.7GHz instead...)

Otherwise all voltage tables are back to HTC stock, and new frequencies leading to 1.5GHz HTC did not put in had the voltage used from the lower frequency beneath it.

1.5 GHz is where the 'Two-Headed Snapdragon takes flight'.

(quote is the title of a Snapdragon white-paper)

The idea here is to give the superscaler dual-core processor the scaling options to choose from to take advantage of that ability...

Compatible ROMs:
    • - Bulletproof 1.1
    • - ?
    In-compatible ROMs:
    • - ICS Roms
    • - ?
    File Details:

• MD5: e866dc2eed625dfdbcc22fec4e7a0b8f
      March 17th, 2012
    OC 1.7-A HTC 2.6.35.10 (Gingerbread) kernel
    • - 1.7GHz maximum CPU clock speed.
    • - Undervolting? Slight
    Code:
    ro.secure=0
    ro.allow.mock.location=0
    ro.debuggable=1
    kernel Info:
    • - Modified CPU table to extend to 1.7GHz clock speed.
    • - Re-scaled CPU table and L2 cache.
    • - See post 5 for the list of CPU frequencies.
    • - Max voltage 1.25 volts at 1.7GHz (HTC had 1.25 volts @ 1.5GHz)

We used the 1.25 volts HTC laid out for the 1.5GHz frequency for our 1.7GHz frequency instead. Runs great! ...and we stay within a voltage level that was already recommended to us through the code by HTC, so we are probably not putting too much voltage through the chip yet.

(we'll even see if we can knock that down a bit too, soon)

If 1.5GHz is where the dragon takes flight, then 1.7Ghz is where it starts razing villages ~ !

1.7GHz is where this device is most comfortable (in my opinion).

NOTE: 1.7GHz is above ANY manufacturer recommendations - you are your own warranty now. (pay out of pocket for breakage - you've been warned)

...The idea here is to give the superscaler dual-core processor the scaling options to choose from to take advantage of that ability:

I said that in the 1.5 kernel, but it's moreso true in this 1.7 one. There are a lot of options for frequencies that the Scorpions can use to scale to exactly the right level of effort needed to get the job done.

I am not sure at what point the table becomes too bloated and we see a hit on performance. I doubt very highly we've hit it yet, especially given the testing i've been doing - this is more a worry for pushing higher then 1.7GHz then here, but something to put out there now.

Compatible ROMs:
    • - Bulletproof 1.1
    • - ?
    In-compatible ROMs:
    • - ICS Roms
    • - ?
    File Details:

• MD5: 8a55ea04d6f27bb142119b589fa7ea95
      March 17th, 2012
    CPU_Standard_Freq_Chart.png

CPU_OC_Freq_Chart.png

1188000 is considered the 1.2GHz rating by HTC/T-Mobile. (device manufacturer and carrier.)

Qualcom rates the chip at 1.2GHz recommended, 1.5GHz maximum. Every other device that has this chip runs at 1.5GHz.

...how is this fair to us?

Granted - they are trying to do a good thing - no doubt this is part of a solution to the battery issue after they got data back from the earlier Sensation launch.

In a lot of ways the doubleshot is singled out for being nerfed, Most of the people who would've gotten this device got the Sensation instead (basically the same device) because it launched a bit sooner. Then this gets nerfed on top CPU speed and turns away more potential buyers who go by the numbers in-store to compare.

So, now we fix - with HTC releasing the source code to the kernel a while ago, we can now do this ourselves and wake up the sleeping dragon at the heart of the doubleshot.

Suddenly, it's all okay - :D - the manufacturers decisions based on how they wanted to market the hardware are no longer something we have to just deal with and grumble about, now we can just go ahead and tailor the device to suit our needs.

I spent a significant amount of time crawling through the kernel source surrounding the specific hardware being used in the doubleshot, and ran around tracking down any scrap of information I could about the components and how they work. I bought the doubleshot based on it's hardware and what it was capable of.

Between all the device documentation found and the countless hours wide-eyed in wonder drifting through the kernel source for the device, I was able to employ everything I learned about overclocking desktops and graphics cards over the years.

I sat down with my calculator and ran all the numbers to make a nice, mathematically balanced table based on the various multipliers that make up the device's internal speeds across the hardware inside.

This project was, and is, a goal of mine since before buying the device, and thanks to yogi2010's help it's becoming a reality.

Please forgive me for not having my source set up for download yet, I will get to that as soon as I can - meantime i've kept very detailed records and will get it all together and available.

Thanks for your patience on this!

Look forward to a nice and re-scaled 1.7GHz kernel soon...

Then I can spend some time on experimenting above 1.7GHz...

Mathematically there should be a bunch of frequencies available, but they are not as harmonious to the various multipliers involved and theoretically some of them should be unstable.

I don't recommend anyone run over 1.7GHz as the risk of permanent damage to the device becomes pretty severe after that.

Increases in the system speed like this, beyond manufacturers ratings, can be very dangerous in a permanently damaging way. I continue on for curiosities sake, and I have a doubleshot that I purchased privately, out of manufacturers warranty and with no insurance plan.

In short, I have a device I can melt and there isn't a person I can cast blame on beyond myself, for surely no one else is at fault when I eventually break it doing this.

Even if no immediate damage results from pushing the device far past it's design limits, the long-term lifespan of the device is dramatically reduced. The types of stresses I intend to put the machine through are not anything near normal or what it was designed for.
    That all being said -

I'm curious. I'm driven to know, and so I want to see for myself first-hand what it can do.

The rule to overclocking is to find your boundaries and then work out the maximum stable settings you can use in both directions.

...Finding the low end of the spectrum is no biggie, can't hurt undervolting or underclocking anything on it...

...Finding the top end of the operating range, though, is a destructive art by nature.

I wouldn't want to put something I wanted to rely on and last me a while through this - a desktop, maybe ... a small electronics device, especially one like this?

I will likely get a lot of use out of the second device because it shouldn't kill it in just finding the boundaries, but it will likely be replaced with another doubleshot when it starts to die and retire into salvageable parts for repairs.​

In short: I bought a device to use for development and curiosities sake - it's not even attached to a plan. Be aware of the stresses overclocking can have on your device and think carefully before overclocking your device.

Once again, I do NOT recommend running above 1.7GHz - I do see a noticeable level of improvement in FPSE playing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, and the benefit of reasonable overclock is real. Above 1.7GHz is not reasonable but possible.

If we had more RAM, we could hold a higher stable speed, but the device performs admirably and is something I am proud to own. HTC and Qualcomm did a damn fine job on the hardware this thread is about.

Just about any gripes I have about the device are limitations of software, be it apps, the OS or the kernel itself. Since we have the 2.6.35.10 source we can work on fixing things like this and more.

kernels take time to develop, but having control over how the device physically operates enables you to streamline it's processes and do it's job more efficiently.

I look forward to the HTC release of the kernel source for the 2.6.35.13 kernel from the OTA!

Projects like this would not exist without the open source community and places like XDA.

Thank you all.
    here is a screenshot of my battery usage with the UV6 kernel, on the stock 1.28.531.10 ROM, rooted and debloated of course, and using the stock battery. granted, i slept 7 of those hours, and i wasn't on the phone constantly, but i put in at least moderate data and texting use, and a quick call or two. i'm decently happy with it so far.

there hasn't been a ton of support for what HTC has done, software-wise, with our device, but i tend to think it runs pretty well, and that kudos are deserved. the 1.55.531.3 ROM especially seems nice and balanced, with steady battery drain, and few bugs. we would like to develop for the that new update, but for now are basically learning and working with what kernel source we have.