Korean 2000 MAh Battery NFC wont work (?) Anyone have one?

Search This thread

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
I just got this battery from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260899780576?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

NFC doesn't work. I found a picture of the Korean S2 and it seems the better contacts on the Korean model is on the opposite side as the i777. So it seem the NFC side of the battery is facing inward instead of outward when used with the i777 and I'm guessing that is why it doesn't work.

Anyone with a Korean 2000mah battery that can confirm that NFC does not work?

Very disappointing as the battery was not cheap.

Reactions: Zuikan

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
I can't be the only one that bought the Korean battery for NFC and extended life.

Just need need to know if I'm correct and NFC doesn't work.

Anyone?

Nizda1

Nov 12, 2011
If you can I would try and get your money back. It sounds like it could be a knock off, as the only extended NFC battery that actually worked had the contacts as normal. Also what have you tried to do, read a tag, beam?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
Thanks for the reply...

I have tried both reading tags ans beaming to my other phone. It all works with. My original battery but not the new one.

Seeing pictures of the Korean S II I noticed the contacts are on the other side thus the batter would have to be flipped to be inserted. This is why I think the NFC side faces the wrong way when incerted in the i777. Both batteries have the small rise on one side where the NFC circuits (not sure what to call them), but when you insert the new "Korean" battery that side faces in instead of out as the battery has to be flipped.

Do you have a Korean battery?

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
How's your phone now

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

I've gone back to the stock battery for the NFC functionality. I guess I'm going to look for and buy another stock battery, if I want NFC.

I asked the seller about it and he said:

Hello. Sorry for the inconvenience.
No problem, This is a Original extended back cover and 2000mAh battery.
The EB-K1A2EBSG is the Korean version of the Export Privé, and was supposed to be compatible with all Galaxy S 2 versions.
However, in each country, depending on the carrier that does not support NFC.
Samsung Electronics has confirmed this part.
Please contact the carrier on your smartphone.
For example, AT & T, AT & T, T-Mobile, Sprint and so.
Once again, Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks.

When I replied that my stock battery worked fine with NFC and I don't understand how contacting my carrier (AT&T) would help. THen he replied:

Hello. Thank you for response.
Because each country, depending on the version of the NFC-compatible problem occurs.
We do not sell International Version and can not solve this part.
We did guide in the product description. Please refer.
Thanks.

So he's pretty useless.

I have read that others have bought the Korean battery, but never mention NFC functionality. So as far as I can tell if you want NFC stick to the stock battery.

bearwards

Sep 13, 2012

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260899780576?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

NFC doesn't work. I found a picture of the Korean S2 and it seems the better contacts on the Korean model is on the opposite side as the i777. So it seem the NFC side of the battery is facing inward instead of outward when used with the i777 and I'm guessing that is why it doesn't work.

the nfc wire of the Korean battery is said to be on the other side, opposite to that of the att version. Thus nfc cannot work with a korean battery inside.

Reactions: stone_ship

RojasTKD

Sep 6, 2007
S. Florida
the nfc wire of the Korean battery is said to be on the other side, opposite to that of the att version. Thus nfc cannot work with a korean battery inside.

Yes, seems so. Unfortunately, it was posted many times that you needed the Korean batttery if you wanted NFC. There where even several people that had ordered the Korean battery and talk of having to modify the back cover, but no one cought on to the NFC being on the other side of the batttery. At least I saw no mention until I posted it. :(

I'm back to using the standard battery.

stone_ship

Jul 17, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Yes, seems so. Unfortunately, it was posted many times that you needed the Korean batttery if you wanted NFC. There where even several people that had ordered the Korean battery and talk of having to modify the back cover, but no one cought on to the NFC being on the other side of the batttery. At least I saw no mention until I posted it. :(

I'm back to using the standard battery.
I have just caught on to this thread because I just picked up some NFC tags to play around with (until now, have had no other devices/cards with NFC). I also have the Korean NFC battery, and it's not working. I'll test the stock 1650mah battery in a few days when I return home from a trip. It sucks that NFC won't work--this phone with the 2000mah battery is pretty great.

EDIT: stock 1650mah battery works with my tags. So Korean extended battery definitely does NOT do NFC.

Last edited:

Dimatchka

Dec 18, 2011
Brooklyn
Can you remove the front thin layer of the battery and flip the nfc wire to the back? Since its inverted can the nfc work through the front of the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7

RatusNatus

May 24, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Guys, what is the best battery that won't need to change the cover?
Is there any 1900 or something like that?

ZARuslan

Feb 12, 2013
Poing
I saw only Mugen Power 1800mah for standart back cover. Iam looking for some 2k battery just like for i9100, but nothing :(

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Reactions: RatusNatus

ARPwizard

Oct 22, 2012
So the official 2000mah battery works. Any that have NFC?

stas333

Feb 2, 2008
can anyone help me out finding this kit for my gfs att s2?
the ebay listing doesnt work, and the seller doesnt have any items in his store.
Thanx

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Can you remove the front thin layer of the battery and flip the nfc wire to the back? Since its inverted can the nfc work through the front of the phone?

Sent from my Nexus 7
    Thought about doing that. It's an interesting idea. And no, NFC doesn't work from the front.
    I saw only Mugen Power 1800mah for standart back cover. Iam looking for some 2k battery just like for i9100, but nothing :(

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium