What is Knox and do i need it?

Search This thread

Streykatorato

Mar 9, 2012
Hi there! I recently got my Note 3 and i want to root it! I'm always been rooting my devices. But i've never had a Samsung before.. and i read about Triangle Flasher, Odin and the new thing Knox? I want to root my Note 3, what disadvantages do i get by that? It's a European SM-N9005! How can i root it in a safe way? Do i need Knox? And what happens if i trigger the knox limit and the triangle flasher limit?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Rallerbabz

May 13, 2011
Hi there! I recently got my Note 3 and i want to root it! I'm always been rooting my devices. But i've never had a Samsung before.. and i read about Triangle Flasher, Odin and the new thing Knox? I want to root my Note 3, what disadvantages do i get by that? It's a European SM-N9005! How can i root it in a safe way? Do i need Knox? And what happens if i trigger the knox limit and the triangle flasher limit?

If you trigger knox, your warranty is void. Nothing else happens. The warranty can't be recovered by unrooting your device again. Therefore it is important to keep Knox untriggered, if you want to be able to use ur warranty in the future. You can root without triggering knox, but you have to be VERY careful when you root. You have to pick a root method that doesn't trigger Knox. And even then you can't install a custom rom, otherwise knox will get triggered. There is a possibility that knox will get figured out and we can do everything without worrying but no one knows for now.

I haven't heard about the triangle flasher limit yet. What is it and what does it do?

Sent from my Note 3

Streykatorato

Mar 9, 2012
If you trigger knox, your warranty is void. Nothing else happens. The warranty can't be recovered by unrooting your device again. Therefore it is important to keep Knox untriggered, if you want to be able to use ur warranty in the future. You can root without triggering knox, but you have to be VERY careful when you root. You have to pick a root method that doesn't trigger Knox. And even then you can't install a custom rom, otherwise knox will get triggered. There is a possibility that knox will get figured out and we can do everything without worrying but no one knows for now.

I haven't heard about the triangle flasher limit yet. What is it and what does it do?

Sent from my Note 3
What about software updates?

irokgalaxy

Jul 3, 2013
Hello,I have a note 3 AT&T and I don't see Knox anywhere on my device. Where would I look for it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app

Streykatorato

Mar 9, 2012
Chainfire said something about that samsung knox firmware will be unavalable to update.. but knox is in every update?

Streykatorato

Mar 9, 2012
And warranty depends on carrier and retailer?;) like hardware damage! And then knox won't be a problem

Streykatorato

Mar 9, 2012
Yeah....

Attachments

• 1383600685103.jpg
    1383600685103.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 399

Top Liked Posts