[RECOVERY] ClockworkMod TOUCH 5.5.0.4 v4.3 - (7/9/12)

Search This thread

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
thats weird. i just flashed the touch version through rom manager 5 minutes ago and the up/down swipe gestures do not work. only the left/right.

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
is anyone else having this issue? or is it just me? i even tried flashing back to the original recovery and re-downloading the touch recovery through rom manager again and it still has the same problem.

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
in on att based rom. nexusmod. i guess it works if i just press on an option instead of scrolling. i was under the impression that it was gona be like the previous touch recoveries where you move your finger up/down to scroll but i actually like this better. now i can just press on the option i want instead of having to slide my finger.

in on att based rom. nexusmod. i guess it works if i just press on an option instead of scrolling. i was under the impression that it was gona be like the previous touch recoveries where you move your finger up/down to scroll but i actually like this better. now i can just press on the option i want instead of having to slide my finger.

WOW I am on the same rom. thats strange it works fine for me. I would say you should try flashing to stock 2.3.5 then back to nexusmod and touch recovery

sk8erwitskil

Apr 11, 2010
San Jose
i think i actually prefer this way. its more like each option is its own button instead of having to slide all over the screen.

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
Just flashed T-Mobile new CWM touch. Looks pretty sweet guys. Running sky ICS

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
Flashed it on mine now too. Anyone test if its doing a better job of clearing cache?

Gr8Danes

Aug 6, 2010
That sucks. I was really hoping for that to be fixed.

jaquez4

May 2, 2011
San Antonio
Ok so I need to download rom manager and install the tmobile version to get it to work (all can be done from phone...correct)? The cwm recovery I have now was flashed through odin.

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Ok so I need to download rom manager and install the tmobile version to get it to work (all can be done from phone...correct)? The cwm recovery I have now was flashed through odin.

Well yeah... get the T-Mobile version from from manager it doesn't matter if you have from manager installed flash it again then flash the touch recovery from the option all the way down if you scroll you'll see it and that's all, if it ask you to purchase it do it! Is worth it, everything works.

Reactions: jaquez4

cdshepherd

May 16, 2011
so i just found out that this version of clockworkmod is NOT going to be open-sourced. I will still be working on getting the open-sourced version of CWM to a stable state, that way changes can be made to it depending on what everyone wants

Excellent idea. The first T-Mobile CWM wasn't perfect for us so there is no reason why this new one would be either.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is gweedo767's touch recovery ported to the skyrocket/hercules. Because many people have been asking me what the difference between this one and the version that koush put out here is the difference:
    1. This one is open source.
    2. This one has swipe gestures (up,down,left,right)
    3. This one has different UI settings
    4. This one has soft keys on the bottom of the screen
    5. This one has 2 different options of font
    Here is a youtube video I made of how it works: ------> VIDEO

4 ways to use recovery:
    1. volume rockers
    2. soft keys on bottom of screen
    3. capacitive buttons
    4. swipe gestures (up/down = scroll && left = back && right = select)

HOW TO INSTALL:
    CWMR5504_INSTALL-4.3.zip (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> BLUE-FONT
    CWMR5504_INSTALL-4.3.zip (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> ROBOTO-FONT
    - Just flash in CWM

TERMINAL INSTALL:
    recovery.img: (NEW ICS BACKGROUND) ----------------> BLUE-FONT
    recovery.img: (NEW ICS BACKGROUND) ----------------> ROBOTO-FONT
    - download to sdcard
    - open terminal emulator (or adb) type:
    Code:
    $ su 
    # dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p22 bs=4096

Odin Install
    recovery.tar.md5 (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> BLUE-FONT
    recovery.tar.md5 (NEW ICS BACKGROUND): ---------> ROBOTO-FONT

Test Drive:
    CWMRT5504_TEST-4.3.zip(NEW ICS BACKGROUND): -------------------> BLUE-FONT
    CWMRT5504_TEST-4.3.zip(NEW ICS BACKGROUND): -------------------> ROBOTO-FONT
    (This will not alter ANY files on your phone. It is just a test drive basically. You flash it through ClockworkMod that you have already installed and it runs over it showing you how it would be if you did install it. Once you reboot you will still have the same recovery that you had.)

v1:
    Code:
    - Initial release

v2:
    Code:
    - fixed "back button disabled/enabled" when scrolling past top to bottom
    - 2 different font versions (roboto and normal)
        -- roboto font is a little bigger
    - complete fix of adb and usb mounting

v2.5:
    Code:
    - added a cool new ICS background! (thanks CyanmodICS for the idea)
    - added green/red font versions
    - cleaned up the code a bit

v3:
    Code:
    - in process of fixing hanging backup issue (need extensive list of apps people have installed when having issue)
    - fixed ALOT of bugs
    - added many more options for internal/external sdcard
    - more....(i cant remember)
    - i will add the other color options back in a few days

v3.5
    Code:
    - fixed recovery.fstab to mount internal sdcard as /sdcard to recognize .hidenandroidprogress file
    - ascii art???

v4.0
    Code:
    - fixed the fix_permissions not working (thanks minotauri)
    - fixed sd-ext and .android_secure errors in backup

v4.1
    Code:
    - re-arranged order of "install from internal/external sdcard" to put internal first
    - added "Reboot Recovery" option to the bottom of the advanced menu
    - a few code cleanups

v4.2
    Code:
    - fixed bug where background would reset to blank black after installing a zip/backing up/restoring
    - added option to reboot into download mode in advanced>>reboot download mode

v4.3
    Code:
    - hopefully fixed the hanging backup bug once and for all
    - merged all of CWM's latest code changes

Thanks to:
    Code:
    gweedo767
    plastikman
    utkanos
    romracer
    created a github repo with the device tree im using and the bootable_recovery files im using if anyone wants to take a look.

https://github.com/sk8erwitskil

Thanks for all the work you've put into this. I've had quite a bit of experience with CWM (check my Atrix/Photon recoveries), so I took a crack at this. I figured it was a good base to start a device tree as well (see my github for my sources) that I could use for CM7/9.

Anyway, I didn't get a chance to build your touch CWM yet because I wanted to make sure my build environment worked properly for the SGS2SR. But I did build the ICS recovery from CM (5.5.0.4 no touch) successfully.

It can be grabbed here and flashed with Odin.

Inexperienced users, please do not trust your life to this or complain to me if it kills your dog. This is intended as a proof of concept for building a bootable recovery image (instead of fakeflash) that can be used going forward.

My next trick will be to determine the changes in your code over the base CWM 5.5.0.4 and cherry-pick those into my recovery sources. If you have any of this already done, it'd save me that extra work :)

Edit: I do intend to provide instructions on how I did this, but I want to get back on track first (building a touch recovery which this thread is for).
    Just uploaded version 1.3.3 of the Installer to the Market. AT&T Skyrocket support is a go!
    updated links to new v4.0
    yah i know its such a freaking hassle to have to have files in certain places and mount things just to make a backup. hopefully koush will update his cwm source to 5.8.1.3 soon so i can use it to make a good touch version