AT&T One XL Prototype - Information

Search This thread

endiz

Dec 13, 2005
Toronto
I believe someone asked me this question before, I don't think there is a way to change the bands with phone is connecting on or to see what it supports without throwing a sim card from another carrier in there. For all I know, this phone is locked to AT&T.

Do you have a t-mobile SIM to test it out? I'm very curious to see if it supports 3G AWS.

FreddieP

Aug 6, 2010
Salt Lake City
I think anything (except maybe the Transformer Prime) is an improvement over the Captivate (original generation Galaxy S devices)...

Maybe true (i wouldn't know really as its been my only schmart phone). But thanks to active dev work GPS fix has really improved. Less than 10s to get 5-10m fix, even gets fix indoors now. However in moving car (unless on dashboard, under windshield) doesn't hold fix. Otherwise its a nice device. Anker 1800mAh also nice improvement.

jpinks

Nov 2, 2010
Hows the battery life doing on the phone now that you have had it awhile? Keep seeing lots of battery life complaints from the One X.

JoeM01

Nov 18, 2011
Hows the battery life doing on the phone now that you have had it awhile? Keep seeing lots of battery life complaints from the One X.

yeah, I'd second this Q. curious about the S4 units. We already know the battery life with the Tegra3 units.

*edit* i say the stats you've posted and was impressed. any changes to speak of?

Last edited:

jpinks

Nov 2, 2010
How are you doing on media storage?? Thats my last hurdle to get over to grabbing one of these. I keep some kids tv shows on my phone and I have audiobooks and generally have almost 7 to 10gb on my sdcard most of the time. Are you using the dropbox how is that working out? Have you tried the streaming option from dropbox?

chaosjh

Jan 20, 2009
Bentonville home of Wally world
How are you doing on media storage?? Thats my last hurdle to get over to grabbing one of these. I keep some kids tv shows on my phone and I have audiobooks and generally have almost 7 to 10gb on my sdcard most of the time. Are you using the dropbox how is that working out? Have you tried the streaming option from dropbox?

i have seen you post this a couple times, i was gonna just let you know, bropbox is free, why not try its services yourself?

voteccow

Oct 14, 2007
Northern Jersey
More Battery Stats

I've got more battery stats for you all.

Attachments

• 2012.04.23-22.10.20.jpg
    2012.04.23-22.10.20.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 182
  • 2012.04.23-22.10.02.jpg
    2012.04.23-22.10.02.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 181
  • 2012.04.23-22.09.55.jpg
    2012.04.23-22.09.55.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 180
  • 2012.04.23-22.09.48.jpg
    2012.04.23-22.09.48.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 2012.04.23-22.09.38.jpg
    2012.04.23-22.09.38.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 164

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
I've got more battery stats for you all.

That's not terribly impressive and looks more like an international phone than an XL. A Rogers phone did 5 hours screen on and 16 hours total. The international phone is running 3ish screen on with 12-14 hours total. What s/w version are you running? Someone with a shipped AT&T phone should post theirs so you can compare.

Reactions: lemonyellowblack

chaosjh

Jan 20, 2009
That's not terribly impressive and looks more like an international phone than an XL. A Rogers phone did 5 hours screen on and 16 hours total. The international phone is running 3ish screen on with 12-14 hours total. What s/w version are you running? Someone with a shipped AT&T phone should post theirs so you can compare.

yes but phone calls take more battery right? that's a lot of talk time matched with that screen time.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
yes but phone calls take more battery right? that's a lot of talk time matched with that screen time.

If the display was off when you were on calls and you were in decent signal range I'd expect the display would kill the battery a lot faster than voice calls. But you're right, no one's posted results (X or XL) with that much talk time so it's hard to do a direct comparison.

chaosjh

Jan 20, 2009
If the display was off when you were on calls and you were in decent signal range I'd expect the display would kill the battery a lot faster than voice calls. But you're right, no one's posted results (X or XL) with that much talk time so it's hard to do a direct comparison.

what would i google to compare energy usage? i can't seem to find anything. but i do see what your saying, i was thinking like an older phone in which the screen doesn't pull much, but talk time is bad. but with the ips, the screen will probably pull similar power as talking. combine the two above and we have about 3 hours, which is ok but not outstanding like i was thinking.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since I acquired this device, I believe this is the appropriate section to post all the benchmarks I've collected so far. As well as answer any questions. Feel free to post any questions and I'll answer them as soon as I can.

Pics:
    http://imgur.com/a/HkJ8O

Some bootloader images.
    http://imgur.com/a/bomFa
    Alright, I've gotten a few requests for these apps off of my phone, so I've uploaded them here
    Looks like it has the field test menu, here's some screenshots of that.
    Battery stats so far tonight
    Sent from my HTC EVA_UL using xda premium
    Wow, Fantastic Questions! I'll answer what I can at the moment.

Notification LED: Yes it's there, so no worries about that.

Data Connection: Haven't had my data drop yet and I've been in both New York and New Jersey. Seems very very stable and I've been getting great speeds on "4G"

NFC: NFC is there, Google Wallet is downloadable from the Google Play store, However, I think Google still has it locked to certain carriers, so I get a message saying it's not certified for my device/carrier.

Camera: Just as fast as the One X as far as I can tell. It's very very quick. I've compared it to the recorded times for the One X and it's almost dead on as far as how fast the camera boots and takes pictures.

Battery: I'll update the thread later tonight with some Battery stats. Overall, I feel like the device lasts through the day with no issues going about 2 days or so. However, I'm not in an area that has 4G LTE deployed yet. This is all on "4G"