[Q] Updating HBOOT

Search This thread

z3xi0n

May 17, 2011
Flashed it again and now everything works fine. Thank you SOOO much for your help, you're my personal hero :D You deserve a medal ^^

And now for everyone having the same problem, thats how i did it.. (for the search index and so^^)
  • My old hboot was 1.12, CID is H3G__106.
  • Download firmware.zip from here
  • Follow the steps also from here to flash the new firmware (updates hboot from 1.12 to 1.39)
  • Don't forget to re-flash your recovery (cwm, etc.)
  • Go into fastboot, flash new boot.img, then type "fastboot erase cache".
  • Reboot into recovery, wipe data, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, flash your ROM
  • Then everything should work.

cheers :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mh, okay. Then I'll try it with a firmware update. But I am a little bit confused because when I deleted the part with assert(check_cid(...)) etc. I saw my CID, H3G__106, in this part.

Hmm okey, well i can't shine a light on that im afraid, but if the nandroid fails (who said that the nandroid is 100% stock anyway, we believe the uploader on that ;)) your best chance is with the direct firmware flash :)
    Yes thats correct. No neef to flash the stock recovery. Directly the firmware is enough. But reflash the rom with boot.img right after that....

---------- Post added at 12:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

Any succes ? :D
    Uhm well......does that rom needs a modified boot.img for the higher hboots maybe ? Just like the CM10. I would try it first with a full sense JB rom to make sure that everything works as it should, or try CM10.1 ?

Did you checked that the hboot is actually upgraded ?

Or could this have something to do that you unlocked it from the carrier ?
    Nice one mate ! :thumbup:

CASE CLOSED ! :D