[Q] 700 Mhz on T-Mobile?

Search This thread

danielhep

May 17, 2013
I'm looking at phones, and I'm wondering if the current LG G2 that's available from T-Mobile supports the new 700 Mhz block that T-Mobile bought from Verizon.
I want to get a new phone, and I like the G2, but 700 Mhz support is basically a requirement for a new phone. Do any phones on T-Mobile's lineup support 700 Mhz?

Thanks!

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I'm looking at phones, and I'm wondering if the current LG G2 that's available from T-Mobile supports the new 700 Mhz block that T-Mobile bought from Verizon.
I want to get a new phone, and I like the G2, but 700 Mhz support is basically a requirement for a new phone. Do any phones on T-Mobile's lineup support 700 Mhz?

Thanks!

Tmobile says that smartphones with the 700 MHz A block support won't be released until Q4 2014. My guess is that the Note 4, Nexus 6 phones will be one of the first Tmobile phones to have 700 MHz LTE support. You are jumping the gun here with the Verizon/Tmobile deal because it hasn't been officially approved by the FCC. Tmobile and Verizon themselves have agreed in principle on the deal but until its approved by the FCC, Tmobile can't start building out the 700 MHz network. Besides the 700 MHz rollout won't be complete until mid-late 2015.

bigcletus

Feb 13, 2008
If I search for networks I can see tmobile,at&t, and Verizon LTE. At least the hardware will support 700 already out of the box.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app