htc diag wont show up in device manager AT ALL

Search This thread

soad690

Feb 25, 2014
Hi,
I'm trying to flash my htc one v to page plus and i got stop dead in my tracks from a seemingly easy step in the process. I dialed ##3242# (diag) and put in my msl and turned on the dm manager. according to everyone i should get "htc diag" in "other devices" on device manager. but not for me! I've tried uninstalling htc sync, changed usb chord turn the computer and cell phone and dm command service off and on. and nothing! i hear the windows chimes when i turn the DM command on and off but nothing else happens.

rooted htc one v phone

windows 7 32 bit OS

I'm stumped, and very frustrated and pissed offed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps i do have it on usb debugging mode so its not that

Last edited:

bratusm

Nov 19, 2012
Ljubljana
Hi,
I'm trying to flash my htc one v to page plus and i got stop dead in my tracks from a seemingly easy step in the process. I dialed ##3242# (diag) and put in my msl and turned on the dm manager. according to everyone i should get "htc diag" in "other devices" on device manager. but not for me! I've tried uninstalling htc sync, changed usb chord turn the computer and cell phone and dm command service off and on. and nothing! i hear the windows chimes when i turn the DM command on and off but nothing else happens.

rooted htc one v phone

windows 7 32 bit OS

I'm stumped, and very frustrated and pissed offed. any help would be greatly appreciated.

ps i do have it on usb debugging mode so its not that

Might be very stupid, so sorry about that, but:
- do you connect on USB2 or USB3? There are many threads and posts on xda saying that USB3 is making problems...

soad690

Feb 25, 2014
Might be very stupid, so sorry about that, but:
- do you connect on USB2 or USB3? There are many threads and posts on xda saying that USB3 is making problems...

no i dont have usb 3

I heard that xp is a better os for this so i'm trying it now, problem is i cant install my regular htc drivers. htc sync manager drivers arnt working.

hellfroze

Nov 30, 2010
Hi,
I'm trying to flash my htc one v to page plus and i got stop dead in my tracks from a seemingly easy step in the process. I dialed ##3242# (diag) and put in my msl and turned on the dm manager. according to everyone i should get "htc diag" in "other devices" on device manager. but not for me!

I just flashed mine to PagePlus over the weekend and I also did not see "HTC Diag" once I got to that indicated step. I think it's because I already installed HTC drivers from previous bootloader unlocking? In any case, I saw that the device was listed as something else ("HTC USBMODEM" or something like that) and I just proceeded with the guide and it worked fine. This is on Window 7 (64bit).