[UVJFD]Heimdall One-Click

Search This thread

pro1st

Oct 6, 2009
Can you try flash my Odin image of KB5 with Odin v1.7 - LINK

It at the bottom of the post. Make sure "Re-Partition" is checked.

It will drop you into Voodoo recovery after... do a factory wipe and then reboot.

thanks! I will give it a try trw and report back here!

EDIT:

after getting stuck like a million times - patience prevailed and it went through eventually. I have no clue what cause the hold up or made it work in the end, but the most important part is it did. THANKS!

Last edited:
Reactions: serendipityguy

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
I was wondering if you could write up a tutorial in baby steps for "silly nelly's typ

thanks! I will give it a try trw and report back here!

EDIT:

after getting stuck like a million times - patience prevailed and it went through eventually. I have no clue what cause the hold up or made it work in the end, but the most important part is it did. THANKS!

I have tried & to no avail was able to get this puppy to work for me..... Such a personal disappointment for me because I was thinking I could finally rid my self of this PC, but looks I have to keep this "Occupying" box around longer. (maybe move into another room).

But anyway, I was wondering if you could write up a tutorial in baby steps for "silly nelly's types like me" so that I too, can reap the benefits of Fishmans work and get this Heimdall working (finally).

I would love to get this flashed before my SG3 gets ordered.

Thanks,

fishman0919

Sep 18, 2009
Providence, RI
I have tried & to no avail was able to get this puppy to work for me..... Such a personal disappointment for me because I was thinking I could finally rid my self of this PC, but looks I have to keep this "Occupying" box around longer. (maybe move into another room).

But anyway, I was wondering if you could write up a tutorial in baby steps for "silly nelly's types like me" so that I too, can reap the benefits of Fishmans work and get this Heimdall working (finally).

I would love to get this flashed before my SG3 gets ordered.

Thanks,

Did you try the steps I sent you? Check to see if those file are present on your Mac and then try using the command line option?

mervant

Dec 25, 2010
Hey guys, I used this to get back to stock then flashed cm7. It went back into a soft brick and now when I try it get back to stock it fails when trying to install the modem. Anyone else have this problem or know why it keeps failing?

Here is what happens with the Heimdall process:

Uploading kernel...
Kernel upload successful
uploading Modem... <(this makes it no farther than 15%)
Modem upload failed!
Ending session...

Thanks guys!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This package includes:
    Repartitioning: Repartition to stock JFD
    Reloading: IBL/PBL, PARAM, SBL, SBL2, Kernel, Recovery, FactoryFS and modem
    formatting:Cache, DBdata, Data
    You may use this code to reformat the SDCard *2767*3855# There is no way to do this from Download Mode. The code will leave the EFS untouched.

This package does not wipe:
    SDCard (where your pictures are stored)
    EFS(Where your serial number and carrier information is stored)

Instructions:
    1. Get the latest version of java here: http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
    2. Put your phone into "Download Mode"
    3. Run the program once, and if it does not work, then check the "Flash Bootloaders" checkbox and flash again
    mmpxmv.png

Your device will end up as it came from the factory with UVJFD

Download:
    Download UVJFD Heimdall One-Click
    http://teamkomin.com/Vibrant/T959-UVJFD-Stock-One-Click.jar

Credits:
    Thanks to gregc2009 for pointing me at the firmware
    This package contains bootloaders from this link: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1117990
    This package contains UVJFD firmware from this link: http://rootzwiki.com/showthread.php...pps-*-everything&p=11409&viewfull=1#post11409

This package is intended for:
    Linux 32
    Linux 64
    OS-X Leopard
    OS-X Snow Leopard
    OS-X Lion
    Windows XP
    Windows Vista
    Windows 7

REPARTITIONING ISSUE WITH HEIMDALL 1.3.0
    Heimdall currently has an issue with repartitioning. 99% of the time you will not need to repartition. Failure to follow these directions can possibly lead to bricking:

Do not flash bootloaders if you see this message:
    Code:
    Local and device PIT files don't match and repartition wasn't specified!
    This message means your partition tables do not match the firmware.

You will need to use Linux to repartition with this firmware package. Install Ubuntu. In Linux, you can copy-pasta this into the terminal to correct the repartitioning problem and then flash bootloaders. http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=17485056&postcount=23
    Correcting typo... locking thread, requesting comments to be removed. Thank you for pointing it out. I was told otherwise.

Old download removed, new download uploaded. Picture uploaded to reflect new version.
    What's the difference between this and Odin?

Sent from my Vibrant on Ultimate 2.2.1 :D

Odin is closed source, works only on Windows, and you can't get the firmware back out once it's made one-click. This is a fully open source stack. It works on Linux, Mac and Windows. Also, you can inspect inside the Jar to verify contents whereas that's impossible on Odin One-Click.
    Good work ,tested on ubuntu no problem at all.It surprised me that a semi bricked phone it is detected by Heimdall and flashed without any issues.
    I think Linux is more friendly than Windows with Android phones

I was able to do this because of an excellent set of open source tools. This was the idea behind Heimdall one-click... Linux is inherrently easier then windows. Its just under developed. The framework is all there though.

Try ModeDetect and UnBrickable Mod. They're also Linux tools I designed to make things simple.
    so i attempted this method but now i actually need odin to flash a 2.2 rom but odin wont even recognize phone in d/l mode
    can anyone help?

Heimdall relies upon Open-Source libusb drivers. It's a fully Open-Source stack of software. Odin relies upon closed source Samsung drivers. You need to install the Samsung drivers again to use Odin.