MicroSD card or Micro SDHC card?

Search This thread

KapWorldDevp2

May 13, 2012
Meerut
It just stands for High Capacity, which means is over 2gb. Otherwise there is no difference. When they were under 2gb some equipment wouldn't work with cards that held more room so they started designating sizes over that as SDHC so you could tell if your equipment could be compatible with the higher capacity format. Most everything now adays is compatible, though. So you can choose anyone both are same.

wizard-S

May 18, 2012
Mirto Crosia
Micro sdhc are new cards over 2gb... if you want more informations:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital

Inviato dal mio GT-I9100 con Tapatalk 2

Sebastian_lx

Jul 22, 2010
Lisboa
SDHC Vx SD

I think the SDHC it's just needed on Reflex Cameras where we need more speed to storage the photos. In our case I think the regular sdcards can handle a good performance and change for one sdhc could not bring anything new...

Sebastian,

sashank

Dec 31, 2010
Bangalore, KA, India
Any card >2GB in size is a microSDHC, and >32GB is microSDXC. Most likely you'll be getting an 8GB card at least, so it'll be MicroSDHC anyway. Sometimes it happens that old microSD card adapters/phones won't function with new SDHC cards. That's explained here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDHC

But that's nothing to be bothered about with any phone made in the past 3 years or so. Try to get a class 6 card if possible. I have a Samsung 16GB class 6 card in my HTC Desire HD and it's performance is great. Class 10 may be overkill for normal usage and class 2 is crappy (read: the cards they supply along with the phone in the box). Class 4 or class 6 is good for normal usage, especially if you want to transfer large files to and fro.

Reactions: gogyly

bacoksai

Jun 4, 2012
Yogyakarta
wow, I don't even know that it has the same function :confused:
I thought that SDHC is better than a normal SD card, so I bought a 16GB micro SDHC for my tablet

dvdvrhs

May 31, 2012
Saint Louis
Is anybody running apps2SD?

I am considering a 20 dollar 32gb class 4 and was wondering if the performance will be fast enough to run my apps off of it.

apurvaas

Nov 17, 2007
I would say get UHS-1

Your card will give you best performance when you upgrade your phone..

search sandisk UHS-1 (can't post link yet)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Any card >2GB in size is a microSDHC, and >32GB is microSDXC. Most likely you'll be getting an 8GB card at least, so it'll be MicroSDHC anyway. Sometimes it happens that old microSD card adapters/phones won't function with new SDHC cards. That's explained here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Digital#SDHC

But that's nothing to be bothered about with any phone made in the past 3 years or so. Try to get a class 6 card if possible. I have a Samsung 16GB class 6 card in my HTC Desire HD and it's performance is great. Class 10 may be overkill for normal usage and class 2 is crappy (read: the cards they supply along with the phone in the box). Class 4 or class 6 is good for normal usage, especially if you want to transfer large files to and fro.