RAZR m desktop dock mod

Search This thread

Coronado is dead

Dec 24, 2010
Just did a mod on my Droid X dock. Hd to open it, remove the HDMI connection, and move the USB plug farther to the left. Unfortunately I can't fond a Droid 3 dock, but had 2 of these around :)

dock.jpg

Attachments

• dock.jpg
    dock.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 607
Reactions: CycleDoc

CycleDoc

Mar 24, 2013
Awesome, thanks for posting this info! :D Ordered a D3 dock, did the mod in no time, and it works great. In fact, the audio out via USB seems to sound better than the other options I was trying (through headphone jack or bluetooth to receiver). Exactly what I needed for a stereo dock solution.

Last edited:

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
Check the USB charger and cable and that you didn't dislodge anything in the dock, should just work. I also found that the D3 car dock works well too, only issue is pause audio on disconnect doesn't seem seem to work with docks.

Sent from my XT907 using xda premium

audiomixman

Feb 2, 2007
Maryland
Great idea. I purchased and modded one. However, the dock doesn't seem to be charging my phone, even though it recognizes 'dock mode'. Is there some OS setting I must enable/disable to get the dock to charge my phone?

It's not a setting that needs changing. Out of the 4 docks I modified, 2 give me a little trouble and I have to gently rock the phone back and forth a little bit to get charging to start. You may not have the USB connector quite "high" enough in the dock to seat correctly into the phone. Depending on the dock you modified, if it has an insert to compensate for extended batteries (like the Bionic docks did), try removing it.

furia94

Apr 18, 2013
would the atrix 4g dock be compatible with razr m?
just ad a "w".
ww.ebay.com/itm/Motorola-ATRIX-4G-Standard-Desktop-Sync-Charging-Charger-Pod-Dock-Cradle-Stand-/310437063081?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item48477da9a9
Thanks

TheAddler

Dec 25, 2011
Thanks bunches for the post. Just curious, I see a Droid 3 HD dock on amazon. Is that the right one? Just haven't seen anyone mention HD...

Thanks again!

Addler

bitz_dv

Jul 21, 2010
That would be the dock. It's HD because of the HDMI out on the dock

drizzzzzz

Jun 5, 2013
great

this is amazing, i had this same dock stored away (for what i thought was going to be forever). Thanks

etal2

Sep 25, 2012
Will any of these mods work with a TPU case?

I have a modded Droid 3 HD and the phone won't fit with the Diztronic tpu case on, there is no room for the additional lip on the bottom of the phone. I'm thinking of trying the Incipio Feather, looks like it might fit but so far I've been reluctant to throw 30$ just to try it.

Last edited:
Reactions: styndall

perkinscl

Jan 6, 2007
I have a modded Droid 3 HD and the phone won't fit with the Diztronic tpu case on, there is no room for the additional lip on the bottom of the phone. I'm thinking of trying the Incipio Feather, looks like it might fit but so far I've been reluctant to throw 30$ just to try it.

I concur! I tried a Cimo TPU case and it doesn't fit the Droid 3 modded dock. (works great w/o the case) I was a little bummed, the case isn't too hard to take off, but I'm not up for everyday.

styndall

Mar 20, 2008

Wah! So sad. :(

Thanks for the reply!

phlyphish

Aug 10, 2010
I have the Incipio Feather case and it works with the case on if you take out the dock insert (Droid 3 dock).

It's a bit of tight fit where the case meets the dock on the left side. But I just used a dremel and ground out a bit of the plastic where the case and dock meet (on the inside left corner of the dock inset - vertically).

I also added a small plastic tab/pad to the bottom of the dock area on the left - horizontally (to make up for the height of the casing that surrounds micro usb plug when you remove the insert).

Thanks to all for a great thread!

Brendan McCoy

Dec 6, 2012
stavswo purchased

Hey, thanks for this little "mod" idea. I've been enjoying it quite a bit. Unfortunately, the supplied power cable is very thin, and mine already has a short in it. Anyone else who wants to do this should be especially conscious about the storage and tension of the cable. I can't seem to get other stock Razr M cables to power through the dock, either. Some scotch tape to secure my cable in a working position will be my fix :p.

ZeldaWW

May 9, 2012
can anyone tell me if the motorola droid 3 dock
is the same as the motorola milestone dock or the motorola atrix dock?

would the other 2 docks work for this mod?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    uploadfromtaptalk1352685992519.jpg
    Found out that my DROID 3 dock works great with the RAZR M. Only issue was that HDMI connector that our phone doesn't have. Easy to pop out the HDMI part, just had to find the 4 screws under the rubber feet, and once inside 2 more screws on the retaining clip. Then just pull out the cable, put everything together and the RAZR M fits almost perfectly, just a little close on the left side. The audio jack on the dock works, and the phone recognizes that it is docked as well.

Do you have it in any case? It looks like you do. How well does it fit without any case on it? I am looking for a dock, hate to buy one and find out it doesn't fit later....this might be my best choice, but I am rolling naked right now, so need something that fits with no case....
    No case, just a skin. I like to go naked but want to give it a little protection so I went with a skinomi techskin.
    It fits quite well, slides in to the dock way easier than my droid 3 ever did, the M I can dock in the dark even. That would have been a feat with the D3

Here's my M in a modified Bionic cradle.

I believe that was the stock ICS dock. I've been using double twist alarm, just shows the clock, all I need.

Just did a mod on my Droid X dock. Hd to open it, remove the HDMI connection, and move the USB plug farther to the left. Unfortunately I can't fond a Droid 3 dock, but had 2 of these around :)

dock.jpg