[WIP] App/Bloat list for stock disabling

Search This thread

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
So, I had some success improving performance on the VZW S5 by disabling some of the apps that I dont use. Lets face it - TW is just too heavy , and taking it down a notch seems to help. I have seen a few lists in various places, but nothing really definitive so far. While we all calmly and patiently wait/hope for root/debloat tools, I wanted to put together some of those that were disabled manually without causing any issues in everyday use... as well as a list of other potentials. I've seen questions in various places, and thought it would help to consolidate suggestions on one thread.

**Since everyone uses their phones for different purposes, and therefore different apps - please keep in mind that disabling an app that pertains to a function you use (IE; Print service, Health, TTS, VZW Navigator [lol], etc) will cause it to cease to work until you turn it back on. Though you cannot turn off most critical apps, please be mindful of these suggestions.

Please throw in any suggestions that you were successful in disabling, and I will update (see second post for options). I started this to identify additional/successfully disabled apps for this purpose. Pretty conservative so far.

All apps listed are those accessible through the Application Manager (Settings-->Applications-->Application Manager-->All).

Bloat/Safe:
  • Accessories (VZW)
  • Amazon
  • Amazon App Suite
  • Amazon Kindle
  • Amazon MP3
  • Appstore (Amazon)
  • Audible
  • BlurbCheckout
  • Caller Name ID (VZW)
  • Cloud (VZW)
  • Family Base Companion (VZW)
  • Flipboard
  • Google Play Books
  • Google Play Games
  • Google Play Movies & TV
  • Google Play Newsstand
  • IMDb
  • Isis Mobile Wallet
  • Message+ (VZW)
  • My InfoZone (VZW)
  • My Magazine
  • NFL Mobile
  • My Verizon Mobile (VZW)
  • Polaris Office 5
  • Samsung Link Platform
  • Samsung Print Service Plugin
  • Slacker
  • Swype
  • Travel Wallpaper
  • Verizon Location Agent
  • Verizon Support and Protection
  • Verizon Tones
  • Voicemail (VZW)
  • VZ Navigator

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I also went through the application list, and checked all that COULD be disabled from this menu. If anyone knows if any of these are safe or effective to turn off, or what apps/services they pertain to (other than the obvious) that would be great to know. Many of them dont run for me under normal conditions, so I believe many of them should not help performance by disabling (if you dont use those services).

Can be disabled**:
  • ANT Radio Service [Bluetooth association]
  • ANT+ Plugins [Bluetooth association]
  • BadgeProvider [Provides badges for icons?]
  • Basic Daydreams [Daydream wall]
  • Bubbles [wallpaper]
  • Business card recognition [?]
  • CapabilityManagerService [Pops up when headphones connected]
  • Clock (digital easy) [Widget]
  • Clock (digital) [Widget]
  • com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks [Chrome Bookmarks]
  • Fonts (com.monotype.android.font.xxxxx, etc)
  • com.samsung.android.sdk.spenv10 [SNote function?]
  • com.sec.android.app.minimode.res [?]
  • com.sec.android.ofviewer [Multiwindow association?]
  • com.sec.msc.nts.android.proxy [Samsung link]
  • com.verizon.permissions.appdirectedsms [Verizon crap?]
  • com.verizon.permissions.securesettings [Verizon crap?]
  • com.verizon.permissions.vzwappapn [Verizon crap/hotspot killswitch?]
  • ConfigUpdater [Automatically updates certificates, firewall config, sms list, timezone info]
  • DCMProvider (this occasionally crashes on me on ART) [?]
  • DirectConnectManager [Unknown, others disabled without problems]
  • DirectShareManager [Unknown, others disabled without problems]
  • Download Manager
  • Dual Clock (digital) [widget]
  • EmergencyProvider [?]
  • EnterprisePermissions [?]
  • EpsonPrintService [print driver for Epson printers]
  • Google Partner Setup [Allows apps to run in conjunction with Google Products]
  • Group Play
  • HP Print Service Plugin [Enables printing to HP printers]
  • LogsProvider [?, Important]
  • Memo [Samsung Memo App]
  • MobilePrintSvc_CUPS [?, apparently unnecessary]
  • MobilePrintSvc_CUPS_Backend [?, apparently unnecessary]
  • One Time Init [?]
  • Phase Beam [wallpaper]
  • Photo Screensavers [Daydream, widget?]
  • Picasa Uploader [Picasa, post pics]
  • Print Spooler [Google cloud print service]
  • QoSSig [Verizon?]
  • SHealth
  • SVoice
  • Samsung Account
  • Samsung Billing
  • Samsung Galaxy
  • Samsung GALAXY Apps Widget
  • Samsung Push Service
  • Samsung Updates
  • SapaMonitor [Apparently safe to remove]
  • Search Applications Provider [Brings up external apps for Google Searches]
  • SecGeofenceLibrary [?]
  • SettingSearchProvider [?]
  • Smart Remote
  • SoundAlive [Samsung, music player association?]
  • Tags [NFC]
  • TalkBack [Google Service, hearing impaired]
  • Tasks provider [?]
  • Virtual Tour Viewer [?]
  • VPN Client
  • VZWAPNService [Mobile data, do not disable]
  • VZWAVSService [?]
  • WFDS Print Service Plugin [Print related, apparently safe to disable]

There are more that can be disabled, but these were known to pertain to more important/popular functions (IE; Camera, contacts, Google, etc)

Hope that helps.

Last edited:

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
I am not given an option to turn off Voicemail. I use Google Voice for voicemail anyway, and hide the stock voicemail app with Nova.

Interesting - I was definitely able to - perhaps because it was never setup from the get-go? I use Google Voice as well.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-50-50.png
    Screenshot_2014-04-22-13-50-50.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 1,218
Reactions: dvsdave214

jpmcnown

Jan 13, 2011
Topeka, Kansas
I am not given an option to turn off Voicemail. I use Google Voice for voicemail anyway, and hide the stock voicemail app with Nova.

Interesting - I was definitely able to - perhaps because it was never setup from the get-go? I use Google Voice as well.

I actually hadn't set it up either. Then not having the option to turn-off, I set up the 30 "trial", still no option to turn-off. weird. Though, I DID set up Google Voice as my voicemail carrier before all this. I switched back to Verizon, and still nothing. Oh well, now I get to see how much of a pain it's going to be to cancel this $3/mo service.

Reactions: Demiurge7

SB50

Jul 24, 2012
I actually hadn't set it up either. Then not having the option to turn-off, I set up the 30 "trial", still no option to turn-off. weird. Though, I DID set up Google Voice as my voicemail carrier before all this. I switched back to Verizon, and still nothing. Oh well, now I get to see how much of a pain it's going to be to cancel this $3/mo service.

I wasn't able to disable it from the Application Manager, but I was able to by going to the app drawer and "Uninstall/Disable apps."

bdorr1105

Sep 6, 2008
How exactly do we turn off Verizon Support and Protection....The option to turn it off is greyed out...How exactly is that done?

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
How exactly do we turn off Verizon Support and Protection....The option to turn it off is greyed out...How exactly is that done?

Not sure. I have noticed there were differences in what individual devices were allowed to turn off. Try stopping it first, clearing cache/data, as well as turning off other vzw apps that may possibly be tied to it. Some had success disabling from drawer, so you could try that.

I was definitely able to turn it off, as you can see from the above pic. Let me know if any of those options work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

lfd1351

Aug 12, 2012
Kalamazoo

You have to disable their admin access settings>security>device administrators

after you do that you can disable them

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So, I had some success improving performance on the VZW S5 by disabling some of the apps that I dont use. Lets face it - TW is just too heavy , and taking it down a notch seems to help. I have seen a few lists in various places, but nothing really definitive so far. While we all calmly and patiently wait/hope for root/debloat tools, I wanted to put together some of those that were disabled manually without causing any issues in everyday use... as well as a list of other potentials. I've seen questions in various places, and thought it would help to consolidate suggestions on one thread.

**Since everyone uses their phones for different purposes, and therefore different apps - please keep in mind that disabling an app that pertains to a function you use (IE; Print service, Health, TTS, VZW Navigator [lol], etc) will cause it to cease to work until you turn it back on. Though you cannot turn off most critical apps, please be mindful of these suggestions.

Please throw in any suggestions that you were successful in disabling, and I will update (see second post for options). I started this to identify additional/successfully disabled apps for this purpose. Pretty conservative so far.

All apps listed are those accessible through the Application Manager (Settings-->Applications-->Application Manager-->All).

Bloat/Safe:
    • Accessories (VZW)
    • Amazon
    • Amazon App Suite
    • Amazon Kindle
    • Amazon MP3
    • Appstore (Amazon)
    • Audible
    • BlurbCheckout
    • Caller Name ID (VZW)
    • Cloud (VZW)
    • Family Base Companion (VZW)
    • Flipboard
    • Google Play Books
    • Google Play Games
    • Google Play Movies & TV
    • Google Play Newsstand
    • IMDb
    • Isis Mobile Wallet
    • Message+ (VZW)
    • My InfoZone (VZW)
    • My Magazine
    • NFL Mobile
    • My Verizon Mobile (VZW)
    • Polaris Office 5
    • Samsung Link Platform
    • Samsung Print Service Plugin
    • Slacker
    • Swype
    • Travel Wallpaper
    • Verizon Location Agent
    • Verizon Support and Protection
    • Verizon Tones
    • Voicemail (VZW)
    • VZ Navigator
    I also went through the application list, and checked all that COULD be disabled from this menu. If anyone knows if any of these are safe or effective to turn off, or what apps/services they pertain to (other than the obvious) that would be great to know. Many of them dont run for me under normal conditions, so I believe many of them should not help performance by disabling (if you dont use those services).

Can be disabled**:
    • ANT Radio Service [Bluetooth association]
    • ANT+ Plugins [Bluetooth association]
    • BadgeProvider [Provides badges for icons?]
    • Basic Daydreams [Daydream wall]
    • Bubbles [wallpaper]
    • Business card recognition [?]
    • CapabilityManagerService [Pops up when headphones connected]
    • Clock (digital easy) [Widget]
    • Clock (digital) [Widget]
    • com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks [Chrome Bookmarks]
    • Fonts (com.monotype.android.font.xxxxx, etc)
    • com.samsung.android.sdk.spenv10 [SNote function?]
    • com.sec.android.app.minimode.res [?]
    • com.sec.android.ofviewer [Multiwindow association?]
    • com.sec.msc.nts.android.proxy [Samsung link]
    • com.verizon.permissions.appdirectedsms [Verizon crap?]
    • com.verizon.permissions.securesettings [Verizon crap?]
    • com.verizon.permissions.vzwappapn [Verizon crap/hotspot killswitch?]
    • ConfigUpdater [Automatically updates certificates, firewall config, sms list, timezone info]
    • DCMProvider (this occasionally crashes on me on ART) [?]
    • DirectConnectManager [Unknown, others disabled without problems]
    • DirectShareManager [Unknown, others disabled without problems]
    • Download Manager
    • Dual Clock (digital) [widget]
    • EmergencyProvider [?]
    • EnterprisePermissions [?]
    • EpsonPrintService [print driver for Epson printers]
    • Google Partner Setup [Allows apps to run in conjunction with Google Products]
    • Group Play
    • HP Print Service Plugin [Enables printing to HP printers]
    • LogsProvider [?, Important]
    • Memo [Samsung Memo App]
    • MobilePrintSvc_CUPS [?, apparently unnecessary]
    • MobilePrintSvc_CUPS_Backend [?, apparently unnecessary]
    • One Time Init [?]
    • Phase Beam [wallpaper]
    • Photo Screensavers [Daydream, widget?]
    • Picasa Uploader [Picasa, post pics]
    • Print Spooler [Google cloud print service]
    • QoSSig [Verizon?]
    • SHealth
    • SVoice
    • Samsung Account
    • Samsung Billing
    • Samsung Galaxy
    • Samsung GALAXY Apps Widget
    • Samsung Push Service
    • Samsung Updates
    • SapaMonitor [Apparently safe to remove]
    • Search Applications Provider [Brings up external apps for Google Searches]
    • SecGeofenceLibrary [?]
    • SettingSearchProvider [?]
    • Smart Remote
    • SoundAlive [Samsung, music player association?]
    • Tags [NFC]
    • TalkBack [Google Service, hearing impaired]
    • Tasks provider [?]
    • Virtual Tour Viewer [?]
    • VPN Client
    • VZWAPNService [Mobile data, do not disable]
    • VZWAVSService [?]
    • WFDS Print Service Plugin [Print related, apparently safe to disable]

There are more that can be disabled, but these were known to pertain to more important/popular functions (IE; Camera, contacts, Google, etc)

Hope that helps.

You have to disable their admin access settings>security>device administrators

after you do that you can disable them

I wasn't able to disable it from the Application Manager, but I was able to by going to the app drawer and "Uninstall/Disable apps."