[APP][1.6+]Crystal Downloader - speedup download for Android

Search This thread

xtr143

Mar 29, 2011
Make your download go in the speed that it should be.
App works in simple way: split file to download faster.
How-to-use:
-Use your browser to find file you want
-Long click on the link, choose copy link url or share link, then choose Crystal Downloader.
-Use 'Downloads' tab on app to start download file.

Features:
- Split file in maximum 32 parts.
- Pause and resume download, of course.
- Auto detect server allow multi-parts download or not, and how many connection can makes in a moment.

Note: We need 2x file size of free space to download in multi parts when merge parts.

Here some screen shots:
yGKkfDhI_aWGNdCju1pZd7NQfMTmF8FB34Rg4pCJ37pQGNcYZY9VdhCecMNVqvcEOO0
piwcdYKUZejWeSH5n_XyWEuJttw2JiFYMFZCAPZcbDl79sopGq8PQoie707pvOO424o

And Store link:https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.diadev.crystaldownload

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
Simply the best. Now I can download in FULL SPEED after using my phone for such a long time! Plus, the simple and no-nonsense interface is just what I'm looking for. Everything is working fine. Pausing and resuming works fine, though resuming can take sometime to resume the download again. Just one thing though, add an option to remove the temporary files too (for incomplete downloads is a must as I sometimes decided to not to download that file).

Great job on this one. Hopefully it can stay free forever!

YOSEFE

Sep 12, 2006
UK
Thanks, but how do you join up the different parts of a the same file so that one can use it as intended?

Cheers.

harshdoshi25

Apr 23, 2011
Kolkata
www.instagram.com
Thanks, but how do you join up the different parts of a the same file so that one can use it as intended?

Cheers.

I think it works like torrents work. Not actually splitting files. Even a single file, say a movie can be split on this way. That's how torrents with atleast, maybe even this. But there already are apps like this in the market, what's the difference?

Sent from my LG-P500 using XDA

Bloodflame

Jul 9, 2010
Brantford, ON
www.bloodflame.ca
I haven't tried this yet, but I think a major question is... does this work for file sharing sites like mediafire, rapidshare, hotfile, depositfiles, etc? If so, that would be incredible! Some of those sites are ridiculously slow, so this would be a great way to speed those up :D

brainard52

Aug 11, 2011
I was just downloading CM9 FXP with this, and I was getting 100-200 kb/s. Just thought I'd tell people who're wondering the kinds of DL speeds you'll get. I'm on 3G, btw.

Hzu

Nov 13, 2010
I haven't tried this yet, but I think a major question is... does this work for file sharing sites like mediafire, rapidshare, hotfile, depositfiles, etc? If so, that would be incredible! Some of those sites are ridiculously slow, so this would be a great way to speed those up :D

I've only tested with Mediafire since its the easiest website to try out the downloader and I can confirm that it works fine. And I get full speed like I always get from my PC (1000+KB/s).

scarmon25

Feb 18, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Wow. This is a really great app. I kind of had my doubts on this when I was installing. Well I don't have anymore. This things works great. Downloaded a 380MB file on WiFi in under two minutes. Normally would have taken me at least five. Great app.

andy905

Mar 26, 2010
Hanoi
can this be used to download from the play store, I really want to download windup knight on my HTC Desire

tausift0

Jun 9, 2011
Patna
App missing

I can't find the app on the play store...apk please...
Edit: Sorry..It was not showing on mobile...Installed it via pc..Works perfectly...Thanks.

Last edited:

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Why a Background Service that endlessly stays active and cant be exited even if app not in use anymore? bad bad..

Top Liked Posts