Samsung Galaxy S3 not recognized (with drivers)

Search This thread

Rankiz

Jan 1, 2012
I have installed Samsung USB Drivers manually and also tried Kies to install the newest drivers, but my Samsung Galaxy S3 still isn't recognized by my computer. What can I do?

EDIT: It only works sometimes, so when I plug it out and in like 10 times, maybe I'm lucky and it will connect once.

Last edited:

Copyright5

Aug 20, 2009
I have the same problem. My VSGS3 works with my W8 laptop but not my W7 desktop (at all). The only thing I can assume that it would be is MTP issues with Truecrypt (my desktop is encrypted). I cannot get it to work at all.

gregn

Aug 9, 2012
Really???? S3 Not Recognized?

Maybe I missed something in this thread but is this really the case??? The S3 cannot be recognized as a USB storage device by Windows? I accidentally left my SD card out and now have videos I need to transfer to PC, but cannot via email or any other means I can find. Anybody have a solution? I have installed the Samsung drivers but still not recognized . . . HELP!!!

Arsaw

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe I missed something in this thread but is this really the case??? The S3 cannot be recognized as a USB storage device by Windows? I accidentally left my SD card out and now have videos I need to transfer to PC, but cannot via email or any other means I can find. Anybody have a solution? I have installed the Samsung drivers but still not recognized . . . HELP!!!

No USB storage for GS3 internal memory.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

d4fseeker

Oct 16, 2010
You can use MTP mode to copy the files to the computer.
The device will appear with a phone-logo in 'My Computer'

JJEgan

Oct 24, 2010
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Just plug Samsung USB cable into USB port on a PC with the Samsung USB drivers installed and cut and paste as many GB as you want .SD Phone or EXT SD card via Windows Explorer as normal .

jje

Reactions: Ju Bo

life_hacker

Aug 7, 2012
I use mac OSX and after searching for a month or so, I couldnt find a solution to connect via USB. So now I use 'Air Droid' app from Play Store. Its pretty good and simple!! Plus, you can do alot more stuff like send or read SMS from PC.. Dont need to connect via USB anymore :D

Kamlesh.KS

Oct 4, 2008
Mumbai
I am having the same problem.

My Galaxy S3 charges when connected to computer via USB.
But is not detected in USB Debugging or regular mode.

imranb_001

Nov 16, 2010
Which windows version are u using. Try installing pdanet.exe on ur pc

duskdevilza

Jul 9, 2012
If you are using x64 Windows 7 this will EXE file can be found here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Samsung\Kies\USB Driver\SAMSUNG_USB_Driver_for_Mobile_Phones.exe

back this up and then you can remove KIES. This is all you need to have your phone connected without ever really needing KIES.
Or you can use the driver provided by the TOOLKIT that MSKIP has designed (thanks - love it).

Cheers,

koala8819

Nov 20, 2011
experienced the same on my win7 64 bit. I removed it on the faulty usb port to another one and then luckily the driver installation went fine. Weird but worked. :)

Top Liked Posts