Sonys DK25 charging dock for the Xperia V is available in January.

Search This thread

buljo

Dec 14, 2008
Norway
www.dsolutions.no
Just hada chat with support at Sony, they said the charging dock would be available early January. Looking forward to not fiddle with the port covers.

Sent from my LT25i using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1355918726007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1355918726007.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,435
Reactions: cire1980

olipheus

Aug 13, 2009
Anderstorp
I ordered my dock today and payed about 50 USD for it. I hope I'll get it next week :) No more opening of tiny hatches every night!

olipheus

Aug 13, 2009
Anderstorp
Where did you order it?

I ordered from Sony mobile site.

I just recieved it, 10 mins ago, and the disapointment is HUGE.

This is NOT a wireless charger. In fact the charging goes via the two metal surfaces on the side. I've been wondering what they are for, but I guess this is the answer. It's nice to be able to charge without opening the flap, but still, this isn't the solution I was picturing when I read "wireless charging".

To sum it up: I payed ~50 dollars (360 swedish kronor) for a plastic piece with two pins that charges my phone through the side instead of USB. I've could've made a charger that works just as good myself, damn it!

Last edited:

buljo

Dec 14, 2008
Norway
www.dsolutions.no

This is NOT a wireless charger. In fact the charging goes via the two metal surfaces on the side. I've been wondering what they are for, but I guess this is the answer. It's nice to be able to charge without opening the flap, but still, this isn't the solution I was picturing when I read "wireless charging".

To sum it up: I payed ~50 dollars (360 swedish kronor) for a plastic piece with two pins that charges my phone through the side instead of USB. I've could've made a charger that works just as good myself, damn it!

Well, ofcourse..... Did you expect anything else? Xperia v dosent support qi charging. How else would you transfer electricity to the phone if not for the two metal contact points?! Neither Sony or anyone else have stated qi standard om the v.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Last edited:

batmanschool

Dec 31, 2012

and as i think, it's not transfering any data, am i right?

ful babu

Oct 31, 2006

Do you know the polarity of the charging pins ? Is it ac powered or you just simply connect your USB charger ?

They Cost 88 Singapore Dollars here in Singapore .

Regards

soncarl

Jul 18, 2012
Lol do reading first before you react like that :p
It is not mention in any site wireless charging

VarnPyre

Apr 25, 2011
Xperia V DIY charging dock

does anybody has plans on making a DIY charging dock? since i bought a nillkin case for mine, my phone will not fit in the regular charging dock. i'm thinking of something that uses elastic bands to hold it while charging. needs to be pretty compact so you can still take it anywhere.

cire1980

Dec 28, 2008
I bought a dock.

Have been using it for a couple of weeks now.

It seem to only charge if the dock is connected to the wall socket. I connected it to a PC for recharge when I first got it. It didn't start to charge. I thought I bought a lemon.

xperia v dock

so no hdmi or usb or anything else in the dock just charge ?? i was thinking in buying it but if it is just for that never mind. But i wonder why they didn't make a dock like the ion lt28i smart dock, i almost buy that phone because of the smart dock

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I too made my own DIY charging dock.
    Since DK25 dock is too expensive ( about 55 $ in Ebay ) i thought to build one on my own

So i bought these two from Ebay

the DK26 replacement dock ( about 8 $ )

2302449-1.jpg

And plastic hard case cover ( about 2 $ )

Untitled.png

I dissembled the Dk26 replacement dock and took out the circuit and attached that to the hard case using super glue.

So here's the out come

DSC_0359.jpg

DSC_0358.jpg

And it does charge the phone :laugh::laugh::good::good:
    And here is a screenshot

Screenshot_2013_10_18_19_38_32.png

I would like to thank all the members who have posted guides on making DIY charging dock in this thread. It's you that inspired me to build mine,
    This whole process must have costed me about 11 $ ( i have saved 40+ $ ) But the most important thing is the fun i had during the process and the satisfaction after seeing it work is priceless
    A nice way to make a dock for Xperia V

I found it for 8$ but how do u modify the dock for xperia v?

sent from xda pro
    Sony Xperia™ V (White)
    make.believe!

I am happy that I found this thread because I wanted to share my easy solution.
    Personally I find the price of the original dock DK25 unreasonably high!

So I found the same cheap dock for Xperia Z (couldn't post the link here since it's my first post)
    It has a removable plastic plate for allowing docking a Xperia Z with a case.
    Removing this plate makes the thickness proper for the Xperia V.
    Moreover the side position of the phone matches exactly the pin positions on the dock (and with the correct polarity).

So basically the only necessary modification takes less than a minute.
    it's the removal of two small plastic pieces which are designed for a tighter fit in the case of Z but push the V out of the dock.
    These can be removed easily by pushing them down/inside the dock using a screwdriver.

BTW I already have two of them - one for home and the other attached to the cup holder in my car allowing me to use it for navigation.
    You can use the dock for the xperia Z, which has a detachable spacer so the Z can fit with a bumper case around.
    If you remove the spacer the V fits in if you align it to the right side.
    You have to buy the dock with the spacer, otherwise the V does not fit in.
    anyone here from malaysia? im searching for this charging dock also.
    Look at this Guys!
    DOCK STATION / OTG AND CHARGING

Just Buy a Female Micro USB port
    Attach Two Cable to the 1 and 4 Line of the USB Port (+5V and Ground)