[ROM]Stock 2.2.1 MT4G with ROOT [LINK UPDATED 3-6-2012]v.3

Search This thread

irrelephant

Jan 17, 2010
Houston
yall are very welcome, and i am sorry it took so long to get it up, let me know if it is all good, i am in town for the next 2 days but if nothing is wrong then this will be the last time i should have to look at this thread, as my glacier is soon to be passed down to my little brother whom still has a flip phone...

jjbadd385

Jul 10, 2011
Laurens S.C.
I tried thankin ya thru this phone app , but I will thank ya properly when I get on my pc!

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THERE WILL BE NO FURTHER SUPPORT OF THIS OTHER THAN IF THE LINK GOES DOWN OR THERE IS SOMETHING DRASTICALLY WRONG WITH IT, BUT SINCE IT IS COMPLETELY STOCK AND NO COMPLAINTS HAVE COME, IT IS DONE... TY FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!

First i would like to thank football for posting the Stock ROM this is based off of!!!

This is nothing but the Stock 2.2.1 MyTouch4G MySense ROM with ROOT and slightly debloated!!!

The only reason i did this is as a request by a person on the site and i, on occasion like to go back to stock while retaining root.

Warning!!! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device!!!

I repeat, this is nothing but the stock rom that came shipped with your phone, but has root permissions added, no tweaks, mods, nothing added and SLIGHTLY DEBLOATED!!!

I have only tried this on the newest recovery, 3.0.2.4, and with that said, dont try this on any other recovery!!! JUST SAYIN!!!

Flashing Instructions

- Download the ROM and put it on the root (main folder) of your SD card not in a folder that you have to hunt down

- Boot into recovery

- Wipe data/factory reset

- Wipe cache partition

- Wipe dalvik cache (under advanced)

- Format system (under Mounts and Storage)

***Optional, but i do it every time, just cause it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside*** Format /sdcard, then of course you have to mountUSB storage and copy the .zip over to your phone

- Install from zip / choose zip from SD card / flash it!!

- Let it finish booting .. it will take you to the setup wizard screen .. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING! Wait 2 - 5 minutes and then hold down the power button and reboot.

<< do not turn on wi-fi until it says so in a couple of steps >>

- Once it boots up again, it will bring you back to the setup wizard. DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING again!! Wait another 2 - 5 minutes .. then log in to Google

- You may now turn on WIFI

HAPPY FLASHING

HOW TO REPORT A PROBLEM TO ME
    IF YOU DONT REPORT THE PROBLEM IN THIS FORMAT THEN I WILL IGNORE YOUR POST DUE TO THE FACT THAT YOU CANT EVEN FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTION

Recovery image:
    Bootloader:
    ROM before flashing:
    KERNEL before flashing:
    Did you flasch it through CWM or Recovery?
    EXACT steps taken to flash(to the T)
    OPTIONAL, BUT I RECOMMEND IT
    A LOGCAT linked to PASTEBIN if you have adb set up, it will tell me EVERYTHING I need to know

I dont see why I have to outline a format for the info I need, but there it is!!!

Downloads and Change Logs any changes will be minor and posted directly after the download link

Stock 2.2.1 MyTouch4G w/ROOT Permissions v.DEBLOATED just what the link says, Its DeBloated a bit!!! the list of things removed is in this post HERE
    MD5sum-6d8166ad3f35ea89542df83f032e5393

also available via rom manager
    is tmo bloat ware removed?

I am going to be nice and say go back to the top of this page and read the OP from top to bottom and see if you can get your answer...

i will even give you a hint... the answer is between the disclaimer and the note, at the very top of the page

BUT just for you, i am going to edit the OP so that is states the answer VERY CLEARLY
    debloaded v.3 uploading 242.16 mb

this is all i removed, and could have removed a lot more, but it is down to 242.16 MB...
    Monopoly
    qik
    rockband
    app pack
    tmo tv
    twonky
    all yahoo
    quick office
    self help
    amazon
    demo vid

there are other things i could get rid of, like tmo vvm and walpapers, and gmail, since you can dl it if you want, but that is the basic stuff, if you want qik it is on the market, but i didnt see that as a big thing that ev1 uses since most use tango from what i can tell...

it is uploading now and should be in the v.3 in about an hr or so
    yall are very welcome, and i am sorry it took so long to get it up, let me know if it is all good, i am in town for the next 2 days but if nothing is wrong then this will be the last time i should have to look at this thread, as my glacier is soon to be passed down to my little brother whom still has a flip phone...
    Nice! Thank you

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App

np, i really didnt do anything special, just threw it in the kitchen and added root permission... like i said, i did it as a favor for someone on here, but if it helps you feel free to hit the thanks button.