[ROM][4.2.2]SlimBean -mako- [STABLE] [Build 8] [8-5-13]

Search This thread

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
is the email app included with this rom ? i have having a hard time getting the email app ( not gmail ) to work on my nexus 4 and nexus 7 where it is not included in the rom

co.ag.2005

Apr 26, 2010
Fort Worth
Google Pixel 5
is the email app included with this rom ? i have having a hard time getting the email app ( not gmail ) to work on my nexus 4 and nexus 7 where it is not included in the rom

I just flashed this morning and I don't see it. I would like a flash able zip for it, BC I need my work email.

Great ROM op, nice and smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

golfinggino

Nov 23, 2011
burlington, on
Try thishttp://db.tt/n6KmhT9H.

Sent from my slimmed Nexus4

i keep getting the exchange services has ended - so i frooze this in tb and set up my live and gmail accounts on the email app and i will just check my work emails through the internet microsoft exchange website for now, now i just need to get a sim cutter this afternoon and see if i can get the lte working ( rogers ) thanks for all the help !

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
i keep getting the exchange services has ended - so i frooze this in tb and set up my live and gmail accounts on the email app and i will just check my work emails through the internet microsoft exchange website for now, now i just need to get a sim cutter this afternoon and see if i can get the lte working ( rogers ) thanks for all the help !

N4 doesn't support lte, only hspa+

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Op updated on how to report bugs. Let's see what we find. Looks like many are yet to receive the device, eventually this section of the forum will get busy :)

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
Think I found a bug
Brigthness control stopped working.
I mean it got stuck at certain level and cant be modified
This behaviour is also present in other ROMs
Someone else ?

krarvind

Jun 15, 2011
Saint John, NB
Think I found a bug
Brigthness control stopped working.
I mean it got stuck at certain level and cant be modified
This behaviour is also present in other ROMs
Someone else ?

What do you mean stopped working? It doesn't move past certain slider level? No issues here so far

pvillasuso

Apr 16, 2007
What do you mean stopped working? It doesn't move past certain slider level? No issues here so far

Yes correct , slider level had no response, tried some brightness apps from market and same behavior
I did wipe caches , reboot and it got fixed , but it has happened twice. I got very few normal apps installed [ don't want to fully load until I'm comfortable with a build , hehe ]

Gonna logcat if it happens again .
Tks

peoples_flip

Apr 24, 2011
Toronto
Google now tells me that I need to turn location services on but they're already on but Google now tells me they are off.

Can somebody please tell me how to fix this because this is the only issue I'm having with this ROM

Even the maps application is telling me to enable GPS BUT maps works fine as it is able to pinpoint my location

Have I done something wrong?

Please note that this is a clean install from a stock ROM and installation was completed using the steps provided by the op

tedady6u.jpg

pa4aruzy.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hey guys,

as some of you may know, we have been working on 4.3 Slim pretty much ever since 4.3 AOSP code was released.... currently, these early Slim 4.3 builds are labeled as "alpha" but overall are pretty stable... im here to share with you one of our 4.3 builds so that you guys can do some testing for us and to enjoy ;)

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -theme manager fcs (disable themes provider)
    -few QS tiles have bad format

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/LCxI
    temporary 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/1nFO
    (4.3 libs with non-updated 4.2.2 apk's -
    the new apk's will be released with last 4.2.2 build)

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every litle bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),
    Yes the source is released and we're working on it.
    We'll release it when we feel it's ready to be released.

We'll ignore any further questions about 4.3 until then.
    ALPHA 2:

bugs:
    -swipe on keyboard causes fc
    -few QS tiles have bad format

fixes:
    -themes

downloads:
    rom: http://tinyw.in/3o2y
    new 4.3 slim gapps: http://tinyw.in/jIUg

some tips/hints:

SU - works well for the most part, just in developer options change the root access from "apps" to "apps & adb"
    contacts/phone - Slim features are missing (though TRDS is still there)

let us know how it works for you guys just dont complain over every little bug! remember, it is still an alpha even if it may not seem like it :),

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1. you do not get the magical hint: without proper log we cannot do anything

2. a lot roms just left either half of the 4.3 merge or dropp many features. Both not the way slim is doing. And I think alpha3.1 is quiet stable

3. you know this is an alpha version?

4. whatever......we do not need to support that framework.....but we would look into it....no proper log...no solution

I do not know if you have in any kind an idea how much work it was to merge in 4.3 into Slim......complete AOSP changes were about 5 million line changes....alone frameworks_base over 2 million.....me and gmillz did it about 1 week night and day.....2 persons....sleeping 2 hours a day just to bring it bugfree up.

CM has the advantage to have power off a lot developers...other roms just drop features to get it fast up

and surprise surprise.....SlimBean has still all features and working and fully 4.3 merged in...and you do not believe it we did it that clean that a lot non nexus devices will get as well very fast 4.3. And that is the next point....we do not provide only nexus devices...would make our life a lot easier and we would have way less conflicts with the nexus devices

maybe you should think about it

and that after 11 days aosp released the source...unbelievable
    Halo is not coming, not the current way at least. What's in gerrit is not for public view, betas refrain from posting it. If we decide to include ( far from a decision ) you will see it in github our version of it. Let's stay away from the halo discussion. I don't want to read anymore about it.
    Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2