Frequent force close of system applications

Search This thread

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Hello

Android version: 2.3.3
Running stock ROM with XWKF3 with default Samsung launcher. (let me know if further info is required)

From few days GS2 has been starting to force close the system applications out of blue. Not had this issue since 3 months. Basically I would get a force close of Google services initially (pic attached) which would throw that pop up in a contionus loop. When I later check out others apps the following applications also gave me the force close error:

1. Internet (doesn't even let me see the force close error. The box appears for less than a milliseconds and closes off)
2. Email
3. Gmail
4. Messaging
5. Social Hub
6. Gtalk
7. Tasks
8. YouTube
9. Wireless will not connect and it tries to scan and later switches off automatically.
10. TW launcher (not all the time, the home screen will restart itself on a contionus loop - effect similar to when we clear through RAM from task manager.

As u can see the above apps are mostly the system apps. Specifically android apps rather than touchwiz.

Here is what I have tried:

1. Try exiting all apps and clearing the RAM through task manager. But still the above mentioned applications force close.

2. so the only way was for me to switch off and the on the device. However this does not look like a permanent solution since the problem appears again like two or three times a day.

I would also like to point out that may be the issue issue is only when the wireless and is turned on. I can't be sure here completely.

Also after I restart the device oddly everytime the device temp shows as 39° C and then cools down.

I have not rooted my device at all and also have not installed any application which does a system wide changes (oh except Samsung app update and Samsung mobile security from the Samsung app store)

Just not able to know wot is causing the problem :(

So could anyone please help me out to as to solve this issue? Is some kind of virus/malware being attacked? Is the device suffering from faulty hardware?

Gald to provide any further info if required.

Thanx.

Attachments

• SC20111016-161124.jpeg
    SC20111016-161124.jpeg
    156 KB · Views: 1,108
Last edited:

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Have you tried fixing permissions a lot of time that solves FC's, if not id recommend doing a full wipe.
Thanx for the reply. What does fixing permission actually mean? also would I have a risk of killing my device when doing a full wipe? would I void my warranty? is it same as doing an hard reset on Nokia phones?

sorry for so many questions, this my first android device and got to get used to troubleshooting stuff :-/

Thanx!

jonny68

Mar 27, 2010
Dublin
Thanx for the reply. What does fixing permission actually mean? also would I have a risk of killing my device when doing a full wipe? would I void my warranty? is it same as doing an hard reset on Nokia phones?

sorry for so many questions, this my first android device and got to get used to troubleshooting stuff :-/

Thanx!

Fixing permissions fixes problems often associated with Force Close errors.

boot into recovery > advanced > fix permissions > reboot system now.

if fixing permissions doesn't work you should do a full wipe and you should be ok then.

I would definitely root your device if i were you most people do you can so much more, you can always "unroot" if you do need to send it for repairs and are worried about warranty.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harsha Raj

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011

if fixing permissions doesn't work you should do a full wipe and you should be ok then.

I would definitely root your device if i were you most people do you can so much more, you can always "unroot" if you do need to send it for repairs and are worried about warranty.
Hello

I tried to use the fix permission options. I went to recovery mode by switching off the device and holding down the volume up key + home key + power button and releases them once the Samsung logo appeared. I got the following screen. Link:

samsung-galaxy-s2-recovery-mode.jpg

(there was an error attaching the pic

However I cannot see the "advanced" option though :-/ help?

And now after reading your post I'm actually thinking of rooting my device. Once I have time for it. Thanx for the advice on that.

Last edited:

Harsha Raj

Jun 30, 2011
Well it looks like issue is solved. I dint get option of "fix permissions" but by accident choose the fourth option "wipe cache partition" out of curiosity. And from that day on dint have any force close issues.

Seanambers

Dec 3, 2008
Just wanted to add that i too experienced this. Fixed it with a factory reset as i didn't think of wiping cache. I was not rooted, running KI1 2.3.4.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried fixing permissions a lot of time that solves FC's, if not id recommend doing a full wipe.

Thanx!