[MOD] WebCM10 - WebOS-like app switcher [03/10/13] [PA/CM10/CM9/AOKP]

Search This thread

tbob18

Jul 24, 2007
Chicago
www.flickr.com
Did you change anything in the SystemUI or framework-res? Or am I the only one having trouble?

Nothing. I flashed the files I uploaded earlier. You might have another mod installed that is conflicting.

Edit: Maybe try downloading the files through a different device. If you are using your Touchpad to download, use your computer and transfer the files over, or if you are using your computer try using your Touchpad.

Last edited:
Reactions: cdzo72

cdzo72

Nothing. I flashed the files I uploaded earlier. You might have another mod installed that is conflicting.

Edit: Maybe try downloading the files through a different device. If you are using your Touchpad to download, use your computer and transfer the files over, or if you are using your computer try using your Touchpad.

OK, figured it out. I use an app called TaskXP that enables you to press the home button twice from within an app and it brings up all running apps and switch to them... so it was conflicting with your app.

Uninstalled it and all it good. Thanks alot tbob18! Sorry for the hassle

Reactions: tbob18
what tha !?!

tbob 18,

thank you kind Sir for this magical miracle. This is the coolest most awesome mod ive seen for the tp e v e r !! .. my finger just started hitting the thanks button over and over like it was having a seizure!! .. but sinceriously, thank you again brother, much appreciated. :D

Reactions: tbob18

AMRivlin

Jun 19, 2011
I installed this on TP 4/4 nightly, and then installed Task Changer Pro.

Task changer pro doesn't let me touch any thing on screen. ARGH.

DO NOT INSTALL Task Changer PRO
Go here to remove, if it is causing you lockup/crashes.

Last edited:

x000x

Apr 6, 2012
looks great. now if someone could just figure out how to move the task bar to the top of the screen instead of the bottom :)

sstar

Apr 6, 2012
Brighton
I installed this on TP 4/4 nightly, and then installed Task Changer Pro.

Task changer pro doesn't let me touch any thing on screen. ARGH.

DO NOT INSTALL Task Changer PRO
Go here to remove, if it is causing you lockup/crashes.

Absolutely correct Task changer pro messes everything up obviously the updates have eliminated the need for this app .
Love the app switcher.
Thank you very much.

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
Since the cornerstone cm9 build was based on the 4/18 nightly, will this work on that? If not, could you maybe do a mod for it specifically? That'd be awesome lol. Cornerstone multitasking. webOS multitasking, bit at the same time lol

In case you don't know what cornerstone is and why I have doubts this'll work in its current state on the rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501637

~ E.R.A.

tbob18

Jul 24, 2007
Chicago
www.flickr.com
Since the cornerstone cm9 build was based on the 4/18 nightly, will this work on that? If not, could you maybe do a mod for it specifically? That'd be awesome lol. Cornerstone multitasking. webOS multitasking, bit at the same time lol

In case you don't know what cornerstone is and why I have doubts this'll work in its current state on the rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1501637

~ E.R.A.

Yeah, it probably won't work, but you are free to try (after backing up of course ;)).

I'm hoping to release a new version when I get some free time, maybe I'll include a build for Cornerstone as well. :)

mk3

Aug 1, 2008
GMT -8
Does this only work on Touchpad CM9 or other CM9 builds? I'd love to get the cards on my CM9 Photon! Now if I just get the same non-intrusive notifications I'd be in heaven.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here is my release of WebCM9/10 - a WebOS like App Switcher.

Supported roms:
    • CM10 03/04/13-?
    • Schizoid 03/06/13
    • CM9 Nightly 03/03/13-?
      Files for older roms can be found in the archive
    WebCM9/10 will probably not work on any other roms (including the uninstallers).
    Only 120dpi, 132dpi, and 160dpi are supported. Other DPI's will not look right.

WebCM10 in Action - thanks to RolandDeschain79 for creating the video

Make sure to create a backup in CWM or TWRP before flashing this.

Downloads:Flash with Clockworkmod or TWRP
    If you'd like more detailed instructions check out ncinerate's write up.

Instructions for WebCM10 for Schizoid:

1. Flash zip in TWRP or Clockworkmod
    2. Change these settings in Settings > Paranoid Settings > Apps > System UI:
    • Phablet mode (only 160 dpi is supported in this mode, make sure Force Tablet UI is unchecked in Settings > Rom Control > General UI):
    • Size: 160 dpi
    • Layout/UI: 600px
    • 160 dpi Tablet mode:
    • Size: 160 dpi
    • Layout/UI: 721px
    • 132 dpi Tablet mode:
    • Size: 132 dpi
    • Layout/UI: 900px
    • 120 dpi Tablet mode:
    • Size: 120 dpi
    • Layout/UI: 960px
    3. Reboot after changing these settings
    4. When you change from Tablet to Phablet or vice-versa you may get stuck on the boot animation.You'll have to force a reboot with the power + home button if this happens.

Known issues in WebCM10 for Schizoid:
    Right side of thumbnails get cut off in Phablet mode due to the extra notification bar
    Bottom of portrait thumbnails get cut off

Changes in WebCM10 for Schizoid:
    Tablet mode rebuilt to support Schizoid (mainly overriding the AOKP bits)
    Portrait is spaced correctly (as in PA)

Changes in WebCM10 for Paranoid Android 2.99:
    Rebuilt from the ground up (again) to support PA (may also work in 4.2)
    Portrait is now spaced correctly

Known issues in WebCM10:
    Portrait is not spaced correctly
    Bottom of portrait thumbnails get cut off

Changes in WebCM10 12/11
    Added clear recents button

Changes in WebCM10
    Rebuilt to support CM10

Changes in WebCM9 0.4
    Switched back to dip from px, should increase performance and things scale better with dpi changes
    Created separate layouts for 120, 132, and 160dpi (any other dpi may not look right)
    Fixed stretched dismiss button at 120 and 132 dpi
    Built this version in such a way where no original xml files are modified - new files are used (makes for much simpler porting)
    Some layout fixes
    AOKP support

Big thanks to Dubi for finding the file that controls the resolution of the thumbnails.

Other:
    Any chance that this can be updated to support CM 10.1 builds? It was perfect when I was on the 4/18 build (JCSullins) but will not let me boot past the CM wheel in CM10.1. This is probably my favorite mod for the TP outside of Android itself. Thanks OP for such an awesome mod. Really have enjoyed using it more than any add-on up to my 4.2.2 update the other day. Thanks!

Sorry, I've been really busy with work lately. Hopefully I can update it when things slow down a bit. :good:
    I'll be going straight to CM11 for the next release. It is so much faster that I'm not going to bother with older versions, sorry all. :cool:
    Will that include the delete recent apps function?

Yes, that was added in 12/11.

Edit: Added for 12/16
    Running CM9 20120707 flashed latest version wiped cache and dalvik cache x 2 and fixed permissions, then wiped cache and delvik cache again, rebooted twice the home bar is missing and i get a system u/i has stopped working.

Added build for 07/07 to the OP.