Lenovo Golden Warrior A8 (A806) root

Search This thread

Teo19

Mar 10, 2015
i believe that you messed up your phone with sp flash tool. Now you have to flash a compatible rom with sp flash tool. Try with this 1447 VibeUI multilanguage rom -->

Before pressing the "Download" button on sp flash tool make sure that you have done the preparation described in video --> . The video stops at the moment that you have to connect your phone (without battery) to PC and start the flashing procedure.[/QUOTE]

finally, it found.. thanks a lot !

Dylan0412

Jan 1, 2015
A806

Hi, i have acquired a Lenovo phone, the Goden warrior ( A806 )

I want to root him, can you help me please ? thanks =)

When i buy him, he already root, but i lost him, i don't know how ... But i still have recovery, it's ... Incredible lol

Oct 9, 2014
The steps to get this done is a mess. Can anybody put up the proper steps to to install the custom rom correctly please, thank you!

Muhammad_haniff

Aug 4, 2015
Hi, i have acquired a Lenovo phone, the Goden warrior ( A806 )

I want to root him, can you help me please ? thanks =)

When i buy him, he already root, but i lost him, i don't know how ... But i still have recovery, it's ... Incredible lol

You can use kingroot just download it here
PHP:
https://sites.google.com/site/androidxdacom/file/Kingroot_V4.5.0.722.apk?attredirects=0

Last edited:

dinosauria123

May 23, 2014
Lollipop UI of Kitkat for Lenovo A806

Hi.

I am trying to port Lollipop UI of Kitkat(4.4.2) rom for Lenovo A806 phone.
It should post at http://xdaforums.com/android/development
but I don't have enough post to make thread.

My recent rom is here, that based on Ajit Uchiha's instruction and files.

http://www.needrom.com/download/lollipop-ui-of-kitkat-for-developers/

Now Camera, WIFI, BT, GPS, mic, speaker are working but 3G/LTE not working.

I think it is caused by the port rom (Lollipop UI) has dual SIM slot but A806 only has one slot.
Anyone know how to solve this problem ?

Last edited:

f@milym@n

Mar 20, 2013
Think I screwed up big time...

Ok so I was following the directions to load TWRP using SP Flash Tool and it appears that something has gone horribly wrong. The phone won't boot at all. No Lenovo screen, no vibration, absolutely nothing. I've pulled the battery (which is fully charged) for over 5 minutes, tried again, nothing. I'm receiving the below error in SP Flash Tool as well:

BROM ERROR : S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL (5054)
[EMI] Obtain DRAM Failed!
[HINT]:
Please check your load matches to your target which is to be downloaded.

I'm using the a806_recovery_root that I downloaded from www movilesdualsim com/tema/recovery-twrp-2-8-0-0-mds.82238

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

abgnokia

Feb 22, 2010
Now U got trouble..u should not simply take recovery.img from others rom. Unless u want to port to your rom. Before flashing recovery please check the file size of that recovery & check partition size inside scatter file, please make sure do not exceed partition size shown on scatter file..

Sent from my Lenovo A806 using XDA Free mobile app

f@milym@n

Mar 20, 2013
Now U got trouble..u should not simply take recovery.img from others rom. Unless u want to port to your rom. Before flashing recovery please check the file size of that recovery & check partition size inside scatter file, please make sure do not exceed partition size shown on scatter file..

Sent from my Lenovo A806 using XDA Free mobile app

Is there any way to fix it? I was under the impression that the recover was for this, clearly I was mistaken. Any suggestions on getting this working? Many thanks in advance!

gonzomagic

Aug 18, 2015
Need Help

Hi,

I am a complete Novice, and bought this phone over 6 months ago, but lack of GAPPS and trying to get it on, I gave up, my wifes phone has busted, cracked screen, and since I have this phone I would really like to flash, preferably with a bloat free rom, for her to use.

I have downloaded numerous roms from Need Rom, a MIUI one, and a Vibe UI one.

Am I correct in thinking that if I download a Vibe UI v2 rom, and since the phone comes with Vibe, I can run as update.zip (boot with power vol + & -)?

I have downloaded SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002 (think they came with the roms) but failed to flash as no scatter file included, so very very confused.

I followed Peter Merkoff page, I can’t seem to download files linked inthe tutorial? Can I use SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002?

Sorry for the multiple questions.

Any help appreciated.

Nxkealen

Nov 25, 2012
Diest
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Samsung Galaxy A53
flashing rom

Dear Sir you have to unzip before you can see scatter file !!!root device with kingoroot (app on web ) go to '' needrom forum '' and register , download'' TWRP recovery'' file and read how to flash it , after flashing twrp recovery , you can now download a custom rom, mine is multilangual others are English/Chinese only . Go to twrp recovery , hold volume+and- and power button on the same time , hold down till reboot recovery. Backup current rom , than go to ''wipe'' ,''advanced wipe ''and wipe ''cache'',''dalvik cache'' and ''data''. go back to home and choose'' install '' Choose the zip file you wish to flash ( if using twrp no need to unzip downloaded rom file ) after flashing again wipe'' cache'' and ''dalvik cache'' and than reboot system . [/B]
Hi,

I am a complete Novice, and bought this phone over 6 months ago, but lack of GAPPS and trying to get it on, I gave up, my wifes phone has busted, cracked screen, and since I have this phone I would really like to flash, preferably with a bloat free rom, for her to use.

I have downloaded numerous roms from Need Rom, a MIUI one, and a Vibe UI one.

Am I correct in thinking that if I download a Vibe UI v2 rom, and since the phone comes with Vibe, I can run as update.zip (boot with power vol + & -)?

I have downloaded SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002 (think they came with the roms) but failed to flash as no scatter file included, so very very confused.

I followed Peter Merkoff page, I can’t seem to download files linked inthe tutorial? Can I use SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1344.0.212 & SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1348.002?

Sorry for the multiple questions.

Any help appreciated.

xlmmaarten

Sep 4, 2015
HELP ME PLEASe

Hi, I just rechieved my brand new a806 and installed AOSP v2,0 on it and now when it starts it only shows the lenovo logo :((( Please help i dont know what to do

abgnokia

Feb 22, 2010
Hi, I just rechieved my brand new a806 and installed AOSP v2,0 on it and now when it starts it only shows the lenovo logo :((( Please help i dont know what to do

I do not know why u flash aosp into your phone? For what reason? Unless u want to develop smthng for ur system device..
Please do reflash original rom. Get from needrom.com. t.q
?

Sent from my P98 3G八核(A4HY) using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: otij

Sinker_

Oct 18, 2015
Hi,

Any feedback fromyou guys who bought the A806 since a long time ? I want to buy it (about 100$ in some shops) so it's cool to see tutorials and funtionnal roms and thanks you for that ! But if you tell me you had to change it after 2 month because of the camera or idk i will reconsider my choice ... :p So thx !

eLPeReC

Sep 7, 2012
Madrid
I've been using it for a year, at the beginning with VibeUI ROMs but now with AOSP :). It's a very good product but I'm sure you can find another smartphone with better characteristics (and newer) at a similar price. (e.g., Xiaomi Redmi2, Meizu M2, Lenovo K3)

Enviado desde mi zapatófono.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sinker_

Sinker_

Oct 18, 2015
I've been using it for a year, at the beginning with VibeUI ROMs but now with AOSP :). It's a very good product but I'm sure you can find another smartphone with better characteristics (and newer) at a similar price. (e.g., Xiaomi Redmi2, Meizu M2, Lenovo K3)

Enviado desde mi zapatófono.

Thanks for your answer, i'm also looking for deals about the Meizu M2, but it's good to know that you had no trouble with your A806. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the phone ain't really that great, my piece has at least one dead pixel, shiny slippery back is just horrible (waiting to buy as soon as possible some replacement), headphones output is just horrible with constant noise/hiss not possible to listen unless you are deaf (compared to zero noise in TCL S950), brightness of display is quite weak (again compared to TCL S950) and let's not forget heavily customized Androd 4.4.2 with tons of crappy Lenovo software (unlike Coolpad F1 which has AOSP Kit Kat), but at least after root you can disable the evil Lenovo app Security which will try to make you commit suicide (btw. don't upgrade it, unless you speak Chinese, since Lenovo engineers are so amazing they can't even provide English from within the update and let's not forget horrid English localization in general and missing any other languages than Chinese and English)

here I wrote review of my new Lenovo A8 aka A806 (WCDMA/FDD-LTE) Golden Warrior bought for 111EUR (shame there is nothing available in better body with normal sound even if I would be willing to pay 20-30% extra for design and better sound) and tutorial HOW TO ROOT LENOVO A806/A8 it with links provided (I am using URL shortener service since XDA won't allow me to link my own tutorial because apparently I am spammer when I wanna help other people):
    dwz DOT cn/la806root

Oh, yeah and thank you so much XDA for using Recaptcha which is blocked in China, it makes posting anything useful soo much easier from within China.
    needed stock recovery for lenovo a806. can someone please post the link:crying::crying::crying::crying:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3724021/LENOVO A806/recovery_lenovo.img
    I just installed AOSP 2.0 ROM, which is prerooted with GAPPS and Xposed disabled by default over my official 1443 rooted ROM with Chinese TWRP, everything following steps went fine, first boot takes 2-3 minutes actually, much faster than expected 5mins, Xposed together with GravityBox after installing/activating and two reboots work fine! Your personal data (photos, MP3, etc.) on internal storage after wiping cache/dalvik/data are preserved in "0" directory, so I didn't need to waste time with doing backup but better be sure. Wifi, SMS/messaging, calls, Miracast all work fine, IMEI was preserved as well (so not really needed MTK NVRAM tool). Outlook.com contacts and calendar synchronization work both fine, I don't use GMail/Google blocked in China, but with VPN they all worked fine showing me my data. Can't test 4G since I don't have 4G data plan.

By default is selected Dalvik runtime, not ART, didn't try if it won't affect Xposed functionality, not really big fan of ART since it's still buggy with some apps.

There is Magic touch option, but could not figure out what is it doing, double tap on screen doesn't switch on the screen.

There is no problem with Xposed+GravityBox except I can't make status bar transparent and I can't change color of signal icon and remove 3G next to it, but it's minor annoyances compared to Lenovo ROM.

What to fix for developer:
    1. Hardware information (in About) is displayed wrong as 1.4GHz + 1GB RAM + 8GB ROM + 5.5" 720P display, should be pretty easy to fix, but it's minor annoyance not affecting usage at all. Machine total capacity in storage is also displayed wrong as 8GB again, although it's correctly displayed in File explorer.

2. SuperSU is in Chinese, but can be easily changed to English by installing update from TWRP, which I later did to newer version and experienced no issues.

3. Preinstalled Camera+Gallery apps are not Kit Kat stock apps but Lenovo apps (no problem to uninstall them, they are not even system apps), I don't understand why and later I installed stock APKs for Google Camera (Play Store, but I am using DSLR camera app anyway) and Kit Kat stock Gallery. iFlashlight app seem completely useless as well since there is Torch in quick tiles.

The latter two should be easy to fix to replace lenovo camera+gallery by Kit kat Stock, remove useless iFlashlight and change SuperSU to English.

So now finally after almost 3 months I have decent phone with normal AOSP ROM with Xposed+GravityBox and without shiny battery cover (which I replaced with shell, since I ran out of patience waiting for matte battery cover from 3rd party producers) and everything seem to be working properly except signal color and not transparent status bar (+incorrect hardware info in system settings).
    I reuploaded mtk fladh tool + twrp recovery with img and scatter file to bunch of international mirrors, link to them is in my review and howto root tutorial on my blog linked in my post above. Whole ZIP package is misding only USB driver which is not rrally necessary and its on plenty of websites to dpwnload.
    Hacking the A806 with Linux/adb

After reading Peter's adventures with the A806 and my daughter giving up on the phone because of Nagware/Spamware (and getting another Lenovo phone :( ) I thought I would give it a small look at from a android/Linux look.

I wanted to keep it fairly bog standard (with the standard google stuff ).
    I installed all of the Google packages manually.

I used Peter's AOSP boot.img and did the following :
    cd AOSP/
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    adb push su /mnt/media_rw/sdcard0/su
    adb shell
    setenforce Permissive
    getenforce
    # Check SE Linux stuff is turned off.
    /storage/sdcard0/su
    chattr -a /system/xbin/su
    mount -o remount,rw /system
    # I had to create some space at this stage, as /system was full - removed some garbage manually
    cp /storage/sdcard0/su /system/xbin/su

and ran the following shell script from my ubuntu 16.04 box :

#!/bin/bash
    #
    # Remove packages on machine not it use
    #
    adb shell 'pm list packages'
    adb shell 'pm list packages'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.safecenter'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lsf.device'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lesnapshot'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.simsettings'
    #adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.themecenter'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lsf'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lsf.pay.phone'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lenovosmartscene'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.widetouch'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.fm'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.android.settings.tether'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.frameworks.singlehand'
    #adb shell 'pm disable lenovo'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.sms.sys.manager'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.recorder'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.onekeylock'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.clearBuildInSDcard'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.powercenter'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.weatherserver'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.scgmtk'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.factorymode'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.ue.service'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lenovoweathertheme'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.weather.theme.plus'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.gesture'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.secretcode'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.launcher.launcherextend'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.videoplayer'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.hotknot'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lenovosearch'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.optimize'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.music'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.updateassist'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.ideawallpaper'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.PlayersTutorial'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.launcher'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.defautpackage'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.weatherwallpaper'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.deskclock'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.calendar'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.wifiswitch'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.email'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.smartrotation'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.lewea'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.systemuiplus'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.ideafriend'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.activityo'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.lenovo.smartstandby'

adb shell 'pm disable com.android.wallpaper'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.dreams.basic'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.galaxy4'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.noisefield'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.wallpaper.holospiral'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.magicsmoke'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.musicvis'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.musicfx'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.phasebeam'
    adb shell 'pm disable com.android.dreams.phototable'
    #adb shell 'pm disable com.android'

#

-----------

In order to see what was causing the pop-up thats were still happenning, I used :

adb logcat

and waited for the pop up to appear, it was the sms manager

So I added :
    adb shell 'pm disable com.sms.sys.manager'

into the script .

Hope this helps