[ROM][GSM P1000] Acudroid V3.1.1 ICS Themed - 26/02/12 Android 2.3.6 JQ9

Search This thread
A

acubens

is there a menu like the overcome ??
with that 3 buttons on the bottom like a task manager - that is just excellent and should be in every future rom
or do you know where to get it

I have not a clue what you mean for a menu, can you make a screenshot?

para76

Mar 14, 2011
Still using the rom with great pleasure. But i noticed that my wi-fi keeps dropping its connection more often (or is that just perception :p ? ). I know there are issues with gingerbread and wi-fi, but lately i get disconnected every 5-10 minutes and it does not auto-reconnect anymore. As i am totally lazy, its a lot of work to press wi-fi on/off!! ;)

Is there any way i can use some kind of keep-alive kinda option for wi-fi? Or am i full of sh*t if i think this could be a nice temporary solution ;)

A

acubens

Still using the rom with great pleasure. But i noticed that my wi-fi keeps dropping its connection more often (or is that just perception :p ? ). I know there are issues with gingerbread and wi-fi, but lately i get disconnected every 5-10 minutes and it does not auto-reconnect anymore. As i am totally lazy, its a lot of work to press wi-fi on/off!! ;)

Is there any way i can use some kind of keep-alive kinda option for wi-fi? Or am i full of sh*t if i think this could be a nice temporary solution ;)

Hi,

Hahaha, no your not full of **** :), i never lose my connection with wifi but i use only 1 router and that is a cisco, maybe it is router specific as you can read in some threads, how did you set your wifi sleep policy settings?and what is your router brand?

cheers

para76

Mar 14, 2011
At home i have a an Asus, at work...god knows, i think its all cisco accesspoints.
And wifi policy settings? Noob question, but where do i find that? :p

A

acubens

At home i have a an Asus, at work...god knows, i think its all cisco accesspoints.
And wifi policy settings? Noob question, but where do i find that? :p

You can find this at wifi settings then menu then advanced then wifi policy, i guess if you dont know its there you have not changed it as default is never sleep.... but take a look anyway maybe a other app (tweak app or something) changed it.

Cheers

Spyma

Apr 26, 2008
Hi, thank you very much for this wonderful rom. Just one question, how can I find thinkfree samsung app. It was very good to read and edit office docs.

Thanks again.

Spyma

Apr 26, 2008
I don't know if there are very few people in XDA as you are, very friendly and doing something without expecting anything.

vince_junior

Dec 23, 2010
Manila
I don't know if there are very few people in XDA as you are, very friendly and doing something without expecting anything.

+1. couldn't agree more.

i just had the time to flash acudroid. i came from khal's optimized and flashed acudroid directly over it (via recovery) without any glitch, without any problem. Everything works perfectly.

thanks again acubens!

yappoe

Nov 23, 2011
Yeap. Acubens is the man. I also moved from Khal's to his several weeks ago.

Now, I am helping Chinese speaking friend choosing a good ROM for his G-Tab. I'm leaning toward installing this ROM for him, but does anyone have a Chinese language pack that I can include to this ROM?

If we can include Chinese language pack into this ROM, that would be awesome.

A

acubens

Yeap. Acubens is the man. I also moved from Khal's to his several weeks ago.

Now, I am helping Chinese speaking friend choosing a good ROM for his G-Tab. I'm leaning toward installing this ROM for him, but does anyone have a Chinese language pack that I can include to this ROM?

If we can include Chinese language pack into this ROM, that would be awesome.

Hi,

If you have the language files for me i will try to get it working, but i can't garantee it will work.

Cheers

yappoe

Nov 23, 2011
Hi,

If you have the language files for me i will try to get it working, but i can't garantee it will work.

Cheers

Hey Acubens, I have a G-Tab with stock firmware 2.3.3 P1000ZHJP5 (Open Asia edition) which has Chinese language support. I do have root explorer and will be able to extract files but I don't know what files I should be look for.

Could you help pointing the way?

Thanks.

A

acubens

Hey Acubens, I have a G-Tab with stock firmware 2.3.3 P1000ZHJP5 (Open Asia edition) which has Chinese language support. I do have root explorer and will be able to extract files but I don't know what files I should be look for.

Could you help pointing the way?

Thanks.

Hi,

Take a look here http://www.chayx.net/2011/04/android-phones-east-asian-language-support.html and here http://blog.clove.co.uk/2010/03/23/chinese-and-other-languages-for-android/

Cheers

yappoe

Nov 23, 2011

Thanks, I've never seen this custom locale app on G-Tab. I'll look around for it in market. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Thanks, I've never seen this custom locale app on G-Tab. I'll look around for it in market. Thanks.

I tried several custom locale apps available in the market. none of them has the capability to translate to Chinese the home screen menu, setting menu, most of the system apps. All of them only translates some of the user apps to the Chinese language.

I guess I will have to find ROM with Chinese support for my friend, which the latest is 2.3.3 based ROM. Thanks for your direction though.

A

acubens

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

I tried several custom locale apps available in the market. none of them has the capability to translate to Chinese the home screen menu, setting menu, most of the system apps. All of them only translates some of the user apps to the Chinese language.

I guess I will have to find ROM with Chinese support for my friend, which the latest is 2.3.3 based ROM. Thanks for your direction though.

Hi,

I never looked into chinese language adding to a rom, but it seems to be difficult to add chinese language to a european/englisch rom, you need the files from a 2.3.6 rom and not from a 2.3.3 rom as that will not work, i will read and search some more about it and come back to you about it later. What keyboard is used in the rom samsung or a other one?

Cheers

yappoe

Nov 23, 2011
Hi,

I never looked into chinese language adding to a rom, but it seems to be difficult to add chinese language to a european/englisch rom, you need the files from a 2.3.6 rom and not from a 2.3.3 rom as that will not work, i will read and search some more about it and come back to you about it later. What keyboard is used in the rom samsung or a other one?

Cheers

Yes it is samsung keyboard included in the rom. I know it is hard and therefore I thank you even trying to entertain the possibilitty of it. So don't worry about it. I am still helping n recommending my other friends installing acudroid.

ogzon

Dec 24, 2010
Montenegro
Hi acubens.. I downloaded Your ROM (newest version) but I have problem.. I can't download anything from from market??
Any suggestion?

(I was using for some time and ROM is great (some older version), then I switched on MIUI for couple of days but decided to go back on stock rom's - because MIUI can't play MKV very well and I mostly use my Tab for watching series and movies.. Anyway I switched first on Overcome rom than Your's but.. :( I can't download one dame thing from market (on Overcome everything was working great) always giving some error..)

yappoe

Nov 23, 2011
Hi acubens.. I downloaded Your ROM (newest version) but I have problem.. I can't download anything from from market??
Any suggestion?

(I was using for some time and ROM is great (some older version), then I switched on MIUI for couple of days but decided to go back on stock rom's - because MIUI can't play MKV very well and I mostly use my Tab for watching series and movies.. Anyway I switched first on Overcome rom than Your's but.. :( I can't download one dame thing from market (on Overcome everything was working great) always giving some error..)

I had the same problem while installing acudroid rom on my friend's G-tab. In my case, the problem was that Market is updating again and therefore causing failure to download anything from it. Reboot ur G-tab, open Market app again, and wait until it's telling you to update your market to 'Play Store'

Reactions: ogzon
A

acubens

Any suggestion?

Hi, can you let me know if the info of yappoe is working for you?

cheers

A

acubens

Yes it is samsung keyboard included in the rom. I know it is hard and therefore I thank you even trying to entertain the possibilitty of it. So don't worry about it. I am still helping n recommending my other friends installing acudroid.

Hi,

I dont give up yet, i am still searching how to accomplisch chinese language in 2.3.6.

I will keep you posted in the weekend.

cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    BT keyboard is not a thing that you can fix in rom, drivers are in initramfs (kernel).

Thanks for the feedback, did you try other roms as well other then the stock one and that worked with your keyboard, if yes let me know which rom it worked on so i can compare.

Cheers
    Every single time I flashed without disabling lagfix I had some sort of problem. To spend a couple minutes waiting for this to be disabled is good insurance, FOR ME! I personally believe that it's better to let your new ROM do the nessesary conversion, just to ensure compatibility. I enabled lagfix afterwards to make sure it still works.

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
    acubens,

Can you please make a Acudroid V2 theme for the latest build V3.1?
    A flashable zip may be. I hope this is not much of a request. :)
    I really love the Version 2 icons and color

cheers
    that reminds me, Acubens, if I were to try RedPill kernel and wants to revert back to yours without flashing the whole ROM again, how to do that?
    Could you provide the CWM flashable kernel?
    Thanks.
    (I haven't gone home to try RedPill kernel to test the openvpn . Will update you later today)

just download the overcome kernel and flash it over the redpill kernel if you want to go back. thats what i did and no problem encountered so far..:)

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

hi acubens, i hope the beer was cool and fresh :D
    a small bug in browser.apk menu > settings, user agent is not available. not that i need to but why?

see you later
    thomas