Nova, Apex, Trebuchet

Search This thread

Hammersuit

May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm not trying to make a versus thread. I have tried all three and to be completely honest they all basically feel the same to me- I was just wondering if there are any snazzy features in one absent in the other. I am personally using Nova launcher currently but it has stopped working on me several times on AOKP build 32. Also if anyone could give a little input for reliability on either apex or trebuchet as i've been using Nova the longest I believe.

Reactions: RatusNatus

androidobsessed

May 24, 2011
OnePlus 6
I think apex is the best. It seems to be totally fully featured, as in a few things that come free as opposed to paying for a few extra features on nova (I can't remember exactly what the were)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

R

Red5

I installed APEX as soon as I installed AOKP and I havent look elsewhere.

corruptsoul

Oct 22, 2011
Apex bothered me with its "All, Downloaded, Widgets" app drawer setup, and I didn't see a way to remove the Downloaded tab. So I use Nova.

justin860

Jul 6, 2011
Connecticut
Apex They are great at responding to e-mails if you have any problems. I was having an issue they gave me a beta version that's not released I gave them feedback and then they pushed the beta to the play store

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2

ElephantKiller

Feb 17, 2011
Chicago, IL
I have to be honest, I used ADW back with CM7 and just kept on using it. Easier to keep backed up even since no ics rom seems to use it so it's not a system app.

As long as I can make folders and stick five apps at the bottom I'm happy.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

armyboy11b

Feb 10, 2012
new orleans
I feel apex is very stable and customizable and free. Nova u have to pay for more features and i never use the cm9 version so i might check it out but idk apex has all i need and plus some

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

oddspec

Sep 28, 2011
palm bay
Google Pixel 7
Apex is nice mite go back to adw when mms counts r fixed with it in ics love apex but it almost the same and i already paid for adw plus 20 bucks worth of pro themes ( i like a custom dock backround )

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA

Hammersuit

May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA
well it sounds like I need to get more friendly with Apex, but I do agree that trebuchet is a good launcher. Nova has just unfortunately slipped up too many times for my tastes...

Hammersuit

May 2, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I've been playing around with apex and got my homescreens how I like them but one thing i've had trouble with is widgets. Several widgets have needed re-sizing and in order for the widget to not be chopped off i have to re-size it to where it takes up more room than it should. I have stock (240) dpi, and I played with the persistent search bar but no dice. It may just be that they aren't being sized correctly in the first place by apex i dunno...

shahkam

Jan 22, 2011
Canada
Why i say trebuchet beats them all its because it works the way it should no issue really simple settings and doesn't too much like a custom launcher...

Sent From My Sexy Sensation.

docskurlock

Nov 3, 2010
I use Nova and paid for Prime. It's only a little bit of money. I tried Apex and didn't like it as much. I didn't like Trebuchet because I couldn't do anything about the dock. Roll with what you want.

Reactions: StyxCrosser

Scrambo

Apr 12, 2012
Bear, DE
i didn't like Trebuchet launcher. There wasn't really that much customization you could do. Apex was pretty cool IMO but, for some reason i couldn't place down any widgets, so i moved on to Nova Launcher. It works fine for me. I haven't had any problems whatsoever and i can deal with the free version. Just my 2 cents

leadman1415

Mar 24, 2012
I like apex it has a little more options to customize things like folders and how they look. It was a little annoying how I couldn't put Widgets down from application drawer but if you long press screen you could place widget down or download apex apk and move it to system apps through root explorer and reboot.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm not trying to make a versus thread. I have tried all three and to be completely honest they all basically feel the same to me- I was just wondering if there are any snazzy features in one absent in the other. I am personally using Nova launcher currently but it has stopped working on me several times on AOKP build 32. Also if anyone could give a little input for reliability on either apex or trebuchet as i've been using Nova the longest I believe.
    I use Nova and paid for Prime. It's only a little bit of money. I tried Apex and didn't like it as much. I didn't like Trebuchet because I couldn't do anything about the dock. Roll with what you want.
    Using Apex as well.... install the launcher as a system app and you are good to go. Titanium Backup can move it for you. Beware that you will loose the launcher when you flash or format "system".

I agree - Apex all the way.

As far as flashing, what I've been doing is, when I download a new nightly, just use 7zip to navigate to system/app, remove trebuchet & add whatever the latest beta of Apex is. Then, when you install it, it saves all your prefs & you don't have to think about multiple launchers installed.
    I like apex it has a little more options to customize things like folders and how they look. It was a little annoying how I couldn't put Widgets down from application drawer but if you long press screen you could place widget down or download apex apk and move it to system apps through root explorer and reboot.

With apex you have to have it set as a system app in order to put down Widgets from the drawer.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    I wanted to use trebuchet but couldnt figure out how to use custom icons for the dock. Or is this even possible?

Have you tried changing the icons and then dragging them to the dock?