Swiftkey Flow Beta update (2/13/13)

Search This thread

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
I only opted into beta only. I understand about the emails at night though and had to un subscribe from almost everything because some companies don't get people sleep at 1am.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium

SEANDROID

Feb 15, 2011
Eagle Mountain
Yeah swype is very annoying in the sense that when typing numbers you have to go back from numbers to letters to place a period. Like if I typed 4.1.2 that would have taken me a few steps vs Swiftkey! Plus Swiftkey had always been the best type and now to swipe.

When using SWYPE, if you swipe from the swype key to the t (5) key it opens the 10 key pad which has a period, and, obviously, the 10 key format which is better for typing numbers anyway.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using xda app-developers app

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
Yup Swiftkey has the 10 keys and I don't need to do anything there readily available. And you have the voice to text too! But to all there own, and I'm glad you swype is working for you. Thanks for the feed back.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361082346493.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361082346493.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 156

SEANDROID

Feb 15, 2011
Eagle Mountain
Yup Swiftkey has the 10 keys and I don't need to do anything there readily available. And you have the voice to text too! But to all there own, and I'm glad you swype is working for you. Thanks for the feed back.

I actually use swift key too, I was just trying to help you out. You basically have to do the same amount of work to access either pad. :cool:pic brother!

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using xda app-developers app

JungleKing76

Nov 18, 2011
Just checked this out and I have to say it worked perfectly. All predictions were exact with no need to make any corrections. I will probably keep this on the phone but I still use Kii as my primary. I just love having the number row above the letters.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
Just checked this out and I have to say it worked perfectly. All predictions were exact with no need to make any corrections. I will probably keep this on the phone but I still use Kii as my primary. I just love having the number row above the letters.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

I can dig that from my epic og days.

dienormaxjean

Jan 28, 2013
miami
Flow beta has been great for me since this last update. It's still not as precise as the official swype, but it makes up for it with a perfect traditional l keyboard sweep where add the swype keyboard is useless for non gesture typing

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Speedin07si

Nov 15, 2011
Colonial Heights,VA
I too still had the app from long ago. Don't notice any difference in the app vs beta. But the beta does have a expiration date. Chances are they won't come up with another beta unless they need testing with zomething.

Sent from a planet far far away.

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
I too still had the app from long ago. Don't notice any difference in the app vs beta. But the beta does have a expiration date. Chances are they won't come up with another beta unless they need testing with zomething.

Sent from a planet far far away.

Very true about the expiration but you can purchase it as I did and it's worth it.

Reactions: SEANDROID

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
I like the tablet app better though because when side ways...

Also one could always delete the data in beta and just keep using. But that would be annoying.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1361617866007.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1361617866007.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 95

alaman68

Nov 20, 2010
drinking under a bridge
Has anyone else ever noticed that SwiftKey enables one to communicate like a true gentleman from the 1800s by simply using the prediction?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

Frostacious

Nov 4, 2011
Rio Grande Valley, TX
For some odd reason SwiftKey seems to lag. Running stock rooted rom. Any ideas?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Just probably the rom. I'm running mb1 stock and I noticed not only my key board but system in general so I backed up apps and than erased system and reinstalled ma6 odex, than mb1 over that and than reinstalled my apps and SwiftKey than I was good!

As seen in they photo is running fine and smooth and no glitches. Just wipe wipe wipe and enjoy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362292569931.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362292569931.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 50

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ive just recieved the flow beta 4.0.0.99 and wanted to share the love. Please post your honest opinions and bugs about this app as i am also curious to know everyones feedback.

Smartphone http://bit.ly/skflowbeta4
    Tablet http://bit.ly/skflowbetatab4

Enjoy and dont forget to +1;)
    Sorry, but anyone saying Swype is better is completely delusional. Swiftkey is, and has been, lightyears ahead of Swype in auto-correction, multi-language support, and customization. Period!
    Sometimes I want to type a word and NOT have a space after it - so, I press backspace, then say, type a comma and it "auto corrects" to the wrong word. Even if I keep re-typing it and going back again and again, it keeps auto correcting it away from the word I wanted.

So, if a word is not in the dictionary yet and I want a comma right after it (no space) I don't know how to do that yet :(

I didn't like this too but found out you don't have to go back to insert the punctuation before the space just insert it afterwards and it will auto correct to before the space.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    I do not like this flow version of any SwiftKey. Well accept it is better at button mashing than Swype. Word accuracy when swiping sucks so bad compared to Swype.

.:Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Note II:.
    Gesture typing in the stock keyboard works better than swype. I got my invite for flow but don't feel the need to be a beta tester as this works so well.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using XDA Premium HD app