[Q] AT&T Galaxy S4 Root Problems: Can't Update OR Unroot???

Search This thread

ghdawg6197

Mar 1, 2014
My SGH-I337 (ATT GS4) has been rooted for a month or two now but lately it's been having issues so I tried to restore it to stock. But, I manually removed the root via SuperSU so I would be able to update to 4.4 (I've been stuck on 4.2.2 because I was never notified 4.3 came out). Every time I update OTA it fails at 25%, so I tried via Kies. My firmware isn't even supported to update like that. I tried unrooting with Odin but that also didn't work. I've restored it to factory settings now, but the boot image still says custom and I can't use Yellow Triangle because that doesn't support locked AT&T basebands (which I read is unfixable). Is there ANY way I can fix this and get 4.4????

TL;DR
My phone is too rooted to OTA update but not rooted enough for Odin to work and I want KitKat :(

brwct08

Feb 28, 2014
My SGH-I337 (ATT GS4) has been rooted for a month or two now but lately it's been having issues so I tried to restore it to stock. But, I manually removed the root via SuperSU so I would be able to update to 4.4 (I've been stuck on 4.2.2 because I was never notified 4.3 came out). Every time I update OTA it fails at 25%, so I tried via Kies. My firmware isn't even supported to update like that. I tried unrooting with Odin but that also didn't work. I've restored it to factory settings now, but the boot image still says custom and I can't use Yellow Triangle because that doesn't support locked AT&T basebands (which I read is unfixable). Is there ANY way I can fix this and get 4.4????

TL;DR
My phone is too rooted to OTA update but not rooted enough for Odin to work and I want KitKat :(

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663992

Reactions: ghdawg6197

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

TL;DR

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2663992